INJURY INVESTIGATION ANNOUNCED

12 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

An investigation would be really complex, so not the easiest thing to do (assuming of injury rate is greater than other clubs- and would need to go back a few years to really compare)

We get injured when whichever structure, bone, ligament, tendon etc exceeds the level of stress it can tolerate, so could be a bad tackle that breaks a bone, or a higher load of running that causes an achilles tendon issue.

If the types of injuries were all similar I think that would be indicative of something wrong with how we do things. Maybe training load is not high enough or low enough to manage the demands of the game.

As for training ground unless it's some sort of particularly hard or soft surface I can't see what the issue would be there. 

This is closer to the mark

We don't have the best training facilities but nowhere near the worst - especially for our level

A full injury audit shouldn't be complex though - and it may identify some patterns and benchmarking 

If the injuries are largely avoidable then it's usually a loading issue - to little, too much or wrong type of conditioning and training

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I don’t think players are refusing to play.

But there is a huge difference between refusing to play and doing everything you possibly can to play.

Just last week Patrice Evra was on Talksport and he spoke of the massive importance of having the desire to play. He told a story of being in the medical room and having treatment whilst the medical staff told him he couldn’t play at the weekend. He saw Neville and Scholes get told the same thing and just ignore the medical staff and go out to train. So he did the same thing and it changed his mentality for the rest of his career.

players need to really want to play. If they don’t and they have a ‘niggle’, they won’t play.

The balance the medical staff have to make is between a "niggle" that's non threatening and one that could get significantly worse if stressed

Players often don't know the difference

The flip side to that coin is not respecting "niggles" and players going on to suffer bigger injuries.

It's a bit of a tightrope and reasoning would generally be on the side of caution

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Looked to me like they were treating him for cramp, but noticed he went straight down the tunnel...I was hoping it was lactic acid brought on by embarrassment after scuffing that 1 on 1

Hope that's all it was. 

Always a worry about strains with players with that explosive turn of pace.

Last thing we need his him having a spell on the sides. 

• Like 1