INJURY INVESTIGATION ANNOUNCED

To play in this league, with additional FA Cup and Mickey Mouse Cup fixtures, your pre season fitness has to be well up there in terms of “volume”. However the “volume” won’t last through the winter so your players will need a “booster injection “ of fitness work during the weeks training schedule to keep their fitness levels high enough to compete week in week out …and to avoid injury, otherwise they will look drained and ‘leggy’ (sound familiar). I have seen nothing on the training clips we are treated to each week that suggests they bust a gut in training, or even break sweat occasionally. Alan Brown and Tony Toms would have nightmares if they could see our lot fannying  around at Middlewood Road. The answer, though, lies…..

in Greno Woods.

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Every club gets injuries though. 

Be good to see how we compare in terms of other clubs across the football league. 

My brother in law is a detty Liverpool fan. He was running through their "injury crisis" last season. It was only about 6 players (they were just key players from the same position). Try fourteen I said to him, remembering the last year under Carlos. We do seem to have it worse, even than clubs perceived to be having a bad time of it. 

34 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

My brother in law is a detty Liverpool fan. He was running through their "injury crisis" last season. It was only about 6 players (they were just key players from the same position). Try fourteen I said to him, remembering the last year under Carlos. We do seem to have it worse, even than clubs perceived to be having a bad time of it. 

We were worse under Carlos because the season before half the squad were playing through pain and playing in games when they should have been rested. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I really don't think our injury problems are down to players not liking Darren Moore.
That is basically saying players are refusing to play.

Cant think of anything more unprofessional.

I would question players ability and temperament but wouldn't go as far as to say they are refusing to play.

Think injury problems are down to a bit of bad luck and signing older players with bad injury records.
Not qualified to say anything with training ground but if it was something that obvious surely would have been sorted out by now.

I don’t think players are refusing to play.

But there is a huge difference between refusing to play and doing everything you possibly can to play.

Just last week Patrice Evra was on Talksport and he spoke of the massive importance of having the desire to play. He told a story of being in the medical room and having treatment whilst the medical staff told him he couldn’t play at the weekend. He saw Neville and Scholes get told the same thing and just ignore the medical staff and go out to train. So he did the same thing and it changed his mentality for the rest of his career.

players need to really want to play. If they don’t and they have a ‘niggle’, they won’t play.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

An investigation would be really complex, so not the easiest thing to do (assuming of injury rate is greater than other clubs- and would need to go back a few years to really compare)

We get injured when whichever structure, bone, ligament, tendon etc exceeds the level of stress it can tolerate, so could be a bad tackle that breaks a bone, or a higher load of running that causes an achilles tendon issue.

If the types of injuries were all similar I think that would be indicative of something wrong with how we do things. Maybe training load is not high enough or low enough to manage the demands of the game.

As for training ground unless it's some sort of particularly hard or soft surface I can't see what the issue would be there. 

i can't say that we've looked very well conditioned so far this season. fitness could definitely be improved.

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

From what I've heard it doesn't sound like there is great emphasis on fitness- just like Carvalhal's era which also resulted in lots of injuries 

bloody hell, that is pretty worrying to hear.

13 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Players that are winning week in week out and playing/believe in their manager hardly ever get injured.

Losing mentality (or not wining) , players picking up niggles all the time.

Would be more worth while launching an investigation into Darren Moore’s coaching abilities as so far he has demonstrated he hasn’t got any.

THIS ^^^^^ ALL DAY LONG!

A coach (in another sport) once told me "If the team is winning, everybody wants to play... If the team is losing, everybody is injured".

I also believe that, if players are picking up injuries, they are probably not fit enough to play a full game. Fitness is also about being resistant to injuries.

We are a 70 minute team. We need to be at least a 90 minute team just to compete.

2 hours ago, GoldGigsChris said:

We had far fewer injuries in our Wembley year under Carlos.   Did we do well that year due to lack of injuries, or did we have few injuries because we were playing well? 

We did well the following year too but were scuppered by a shocking run of injuries to, for example, Kieran Lee, Sam Hutchinson, Gary Hooper, Steven Fletcher, Tom Lees. We don't just get injury problems when we're rubbish.

Also, before last night we'd gone 10 games unbeaten and only lost one in 13. That doesn't sound like a good time to hide in the treatment room.

6 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Investigation opens:-

The players don’t want to play for Darren Moore

Investigation closes.

Spot on...slightest little niggle. Sorry boss you'll have to count me out...thinks thankfuck I don't have to play in that shambles on Saturday 

7 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

Three games a week doesn’t help. Older players can’t cope, younger ones aren’t used to managing it either.

But finding someone to lift the curse might help 

All the other clubs in our division have the same fixture schedule. 

3 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

A coach (in another sport) once told me "If the team is winning, everybody wants to play... If the team is losing, everybody is injured".

We are a 70 minute team. We need to be at least a 90 minute team just to compete.

We appear to be a 20-30 minute team at present, and that's being generous.