29 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Save our season Chansiri and give DM the bullet ASAP. 

Another completely bizarre team selection - no excuses even with injuries, adjust your formation and play to the strengths at your disposal. What do we do? Play Pato at CB. 

Sounds like another dreadful performance and been battered midweek in the first round of the cup - cup or not, the similarities are there from the league - we’re going absolutely nowhere with this gaffer.

Make the change now with 6 weeks to go till Xmas, it might just save this season.

Exactly.

Why is he playing Patterson at CB!!!

Could have simplified things and went 

Wildsmith

Palmer              Dunkley                     Brennan              Brown

Shodipo             Bannan                      FDB                    Corbeanu

Kamberi                Sow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Exactly.

Wildsmith

That's far to easy that, you can't be playing wingers on the wing and center backs at center back. Get a grip man, you'll end up int nut house

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Been playing 3 at the back for weeks while we’ve only had 1 centre back fit.

Bloke lost it ages back unfortunately. All we’re watching now is our season amble to a mid table finish. 

I think how weak this league is, is having a major impact on how our results and league position look from the outside. We should’ve arguably lost more games and be outside the top 12, but the opposition has been equally as bad. The club is essentially where you’d expect it to be if everyone was putting in 5/10 every week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, striker said:

Completely agree that a managerial change is needed, but does anyone really trust Chansiri to appoint a new manager before Christmas, never mind the right manager?

That shouldn't stop us seeking a change, but unlikely to be the silver bullet 

I wouldn’t trust DC to tie his own shoe laces.  He’s absolutely clueless.

The bloke has had 6 attempts to appoint a good manager and he’s failed every time.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Exactly.

Wildsmith

Don’t think Brennan was eligible tonight

He was still on loan at Notts County at the time of the first game, so technically there player 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

The bloke has had 6 attempts to appoint a good manager and he’s failed every time.

Bruce was the right one but because of DC he was looking for a way out almost as soon as he was in. It wasn't all about Newcastle.

Managers talk, the chances of us now getting a good experienced one are minimal. Which is why I've been banging on about getting a young attacking manager who's doing well like Ryan Lowe for the last year.

I'd argue he's now probably out of our league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Chansiri is far from blameless but this statement is hilarious. 

Carlos and Bruce were successful appointments. One outstayed their welcome after getting so close and the other got a life changing offer while i charge of us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Chansiri is far from blameless but this statement is hilarious. 

Carlos and Bruce were successful appointments. One outstayed their welcome after getting so close and the other got a life changing offer while i charge of us. 

Carvalhal left us with an ageing unbalanced squad, in financial peril and battling against relegation.

Bruce quit after just 18 games.

How were either of those “successful appointments”?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Bruce was the right one but because of DC he was looking for a way out almost as soon as he was in. It wasn't all about Newcastle.

Managers talk, the chances of us now getting a good experienced one are minimal. Which is why I've been banging on about getting a young attacking manager who's doing well like Ryan Lowe for the last year.

I'd argue he's now probably out of our league

Pulis wanted out too, he actually resigned but Chansiri wouldn't let him so he sacked him.

There is a lot of things wrong with this club and some managers can't believe it till they get here, chansiri is full of bolllocks .

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Carvalhal left us with an ageing unbalanced squad, in financial peril and battling against relegation.

Bruce quit after just 18 games.

How were either of those “successful appointments”?

Carlos got us playing the best football we've seen since the early 90s, he 'got' the club - was a big enough character to carry the expectation on his shoulders and take the fans along with him. He gave us some incredibly nights and day watching Wednesday, some of the best, far better than some of the boring dross that I witnessed in the mid to late 90s when we were floundering fodder in the Prem. He should have left sooner, for sure, but he was definitely a successful appointment and got us within 90 minds and 180 mins of the Premier League. Sir Alex left behind an unbalanced side that hasn't achieved the league position he achieved since he left, that doesn't mean he wasn't a successful appointment. 

Bruce was a very good appointment, got the club, was of a character that, like Carlos could carry the responsibility. But he got the wrong offer the wrong time as far as we were concerned. We were annoyed at how he left but I can understand why he did. How anyone can level criticism at Chansiri for him leaving is beyond me, it was a decent appointment and we were just unlucky with timing.

Bruce and Carlos' sides were the only teams in years that got us excited about going to Hillsborough again. 

There are countless criticisms of Chansiri but Carlos and Bruce were good appointments, although from hearing how it came about Carlos was probably a bit of a fluke

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Save our season Chansiri and give DM the bullet ASAP. 

Another completely bizarre team selection - no excuses even with injuries, adjust your formation and play to the strengths at your disposal. What do we do? Play Pato at CB. 

Sounds like another dreadful performance and been battered midweek in the first round of the cup - cup or not, the similarities are there from the league - we’re going absolutely nowhere with this gaffer.

Make the change now with 6 weeks to go till Xmas, it might just save this season.

All true, but it's a forlorn hope.

Channers will wait until all is lost before giving Moore his marching orders.

I predict at the end of the January transfer window.

14 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Carlos got us playing the best football we've seen since the early 90s, he 'got' the club - was a big enough character to carry the expectation on his shoulders and take the fans along with him. He gave us some incredibly nights and day watching Wednesday, some of the best, far better than some of the boring dross that I witnessed in the mid to late 90s when we were floundering fodder in the Prem. He should have left sooner, for sure, but he was definitely a successful appointment and got us within 90 minds and 180 mins of the Premier League. Sir Alex left behind an unbalanced side that hasn't achieved the league position he achieved since he left, that doesn't mean he wasn't a successful appointment. 

Bruce was a very good appointment, got the club, was of a character that, like Carlos could carry the responsibility. But he got the wrong offer the wrong time as far as we were concerned. We were annoyed at how he left but I can understand why he did. How anyone can level criticism at Chansiri for him leaving is beyond me, it was a decent appointment and we were just unlucky with timing.

Bruce and Carlos' sides were the only teams in years that got us excited about going to Hillsborough again. 

There are countless criticisms of Chansiri but Carlos and Bruce were good appointments, although from hearing how it came about Carlos was probably a bit of a fluke

Wow - Carlos compared with Sir Alex.  Not heard that one before 🤣

27 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Against Arsenal in the League Cup, will never ever forget that night. 

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Wow - Carlos compared with Sir Alex.  Not heard that one before 🤣

It's a valid point, the fact you're being glib about it shows you have no come back for it. 

The guy said Carlos was a bad appointment purely because after a few years he left behind an unbalanced side. So do loads of managers, ones who are more successful than Carlos was here and ones who are less. Bizarre argument, complete nonsense.