The Reytons

AlanLee

They're great at what they do for young kids who didn't experience the Arctic Monkeys, LMT, Milburn era like we did. 

Musically they're like all three of the above when they were starting out only with a bit more 'lads lads lads' aggression thrown in the mix and with gigs where kids can go and bounce up and down for the night with their mates whilst drinking loads of lager and shouting 'lads lads lads'!

The other thing The Reytons have done is take The Sherlocks style/vibe and done it with a million times more passion, aggression, energy and it's made Sherlocks immediately look sooooooooo dated and like little kids strumming their guitars politely whilst Reytons get in ya face and make the crowd go absolutely crackers

lol

I don't mind Reytons at all - long live the Reytons!

Although if we're honest, musically they're most definitely a Milburn / early Monkeys band aren't they? (and that's ok for the reasons stated above)

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They're great at what they do for young kids who didn't experience the Arctic Monkeys, LMT, Milburn era like we did. 

Musically they're like all three of the above when they were starting out only with a bit more 'lads lads lads' aggression thrown in the mix and with gigs where kids can go and bounce up and down for the night with their mates whilst drinking loads of lager and shouting 'lads lads lads'!

The other thing The Reytons have done is take The Sherlocks style/vibe and done it with a million times more passion, aggression, energy and it's made Sherlocks immediately look sooooooooo dated and like little kids strumming their guitars politely whilst Reytons get in ya face and make the crowd go absolutely crackers

lol

Although if we're honest, musically they're most definitely a Milburn / early Monkeys band aren't they? (and that's ok for the reasons stated above)

Well musically, they've a mountain to climb before they reach the heights of some others you've mentioned. But I stand by the point that live they are better than many of them before. My era was Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Little Man Tate and Milburn. The last 2 were great live but Arctics at Magna and Lancashire CC were so dull. Alex Turner hardly spoke to the fans and all of em were trying to look too cool to enjoy themselves. Same with Oasis at the arena. Liam got reyt ******** on cos someone was flashing a laser pen around and he walked off stage. Chuffin mardy bums. 

Maybe in their early smaller gigs they were amazing but not when I saw them. Maybe that's why The Reytons do it for me now cos they're packing them in smaller venues interact with the crowd and we can all have a good bounce

• Love 1

They're great fun for young kids who wanna go and mosh/bounce about with their mates at a gig

There's absolutely no denying they're like a Monkeys/Milburn tribute band though

Good live band for having beers and jumping up and down and having fun

Musically it will be interesting to see if they can evolve over the next few albums

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 01/12/2021 at 21:52, AlanLee said:

Not really. Do tribute acts write and perform all their own songs? 

lol

listening to one of one of their songs (can’t remember the title) it’s basically like they copied the arctic monkeys homework and just changing every 5th word. 

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2021 at 17:51, @owlstalk said:

lol

Just started listening to them today.

A definite throwback to Milburn/LMT/Early Monkeys but I think they are damn enjoyable to listen to. 

Its no fun over analysing music.

• Like 1

Been listening to Reytons for a few years but only just starting to get in to them

Early stuff was very AM influenced (early AM). That was clear to see. 

However they seem to have developed and filled their sound out a bit.

Antibiotics. Red Smoke. Broke Boys Cartel. All great tracks and far more rocky that their earlier stuff.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 17:51, @owlstalk said:

lol

Bang on, and I ant heard any bad words about them either, unlike one of the other bands you mentioned, who are a shït courteeners, trying to be cool but really are toilets of humans.

• Love 1