How happy are you with this season?

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

That's sort of where I'm at...kinda.

I didn't expect us to sweep all aside, but I was hopeful at a push for the top 6. We are very much doing that right now, but I'm just massively underwhelmed by the performances, players and the manager.

We seem to be almost on cruise control this season, just about doing enough in most games to get something, but with little willingness to really push for victories. It is all a bit bizarre and at the same time very underwhelming. 

The top 6 is very much there for the taking and if we string 4, 5 wins together we are right in the mix, but I don't see us doing that under this manager.

I suspect we will see lots more draws, occasional decent wins and some very poor defeats.

Basically, this season has been f*cking boring so far.

It is pretty boring to watch. I got offered my mates ST for the Sunderland game and nearly didn't bother (glad I did) but decided not to against Gills cos I'm better off getting on with some work, with the inevitable dissapoinment coming through SkySports News!! 

I'm bouncing about with it at the minute.

a bit like the Gillingham game

You can see what you think might be green shoots, but then you half expect DM to sorta pick the green shoots out and leave the weeds ......(@£30 per hour..according to some)

Its that curates egg thingy, some good bits some bad bits, but the longer we take to sort it, the higher the weeds and the smellier the egg thingy

On 15/11/2021 at 10:22, @owlstalk said:

What do you think?

Has this season so far given us a fighting chance to succeed by the end of it?

Have all the new players gelled do you think?

Will we get into that top 6 by the end of the season?

Yes

No

No

But I never thought we would.

20 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I would have said 10/10 for first or second, 9 for 3rd or 4th, 8 for 5th or 6th.ason. 

So right now 7/10 for me, but expecting anything from 8 to 10 by the end of the season.

I really cannot see us getting worse from now to May, the team is gelling nicely and we have 6 or 7 good players to come back from injury, maybe a couple coming in January, five or six players yet to peak and maybe a player or two going. Whatever happens I still think we are on course for 4th spot, give or take a position or two.

Many of the teams around us will struggle over Christmas and in the winter games afterwards, but I think our squad is strong enough to get to the end of the season without suffering as many dropped points. I think that Darren Moore has done most of the hard work now and the people criticising him will be eating humble pie (again, a la Carlos's 2nd season, but more so). I reckon that by the end of the season the majority of fans will be praising DM for succeeded when they doubted him. The main thing that holds us back as a club is unrealistic expectations, just because we have had good teams in the increasingly distant past. Smaller clubs than ours, with much smaller fan bases are getting totally behind ther clubs and lifting them, while our boo boys and mardy arsed pessimists hold us back. The anxiety and tension on Saturday was pathetic and affected a few of the players, especially Corbeanu who looked too keen at times to cut in, shoot, or cross the ball, instead of taking his time and delivering the perfect ball, which he is capable of doing and more likely to do when some sections of the crowd are cheering the team on instead of losing their cool and acting like stupid pillocks. We did not start the season with a ten point bonus but more likely to drop ten points on the leaders, similar to Ipswich who I also predicted would finish in the top 8.

Come on Wednesday, keep improving and the title could still be on the cards.

Deluded

• Like 1
  • Haha 1