Top gear

darra

10 hours ago, Jimothy said:

Was perfect the Kidd tribute, although would have preferred he hung out with the bikers who rode with him rather than watch the stunt show, but was emotional and best thing on Top Gear for a long time.... Maclaren too was stunning 

Think.it would depend on the extent of his injuries. Eddie Kidd sat on a trike, Yes or no? Probably a no for me

Hmmm. I feel like it’s a bit tired now as a format. It became a bit samey a few series ago when Clarkson, Hammond and May did it and it’s not really changed. Every week, three cars are acquired and whoever the hosts are compete against each other in a series of tasks and then one of the hosts (typically, Chris Harris) reviews a super car which, if we’re lucky, does a fastest lap. I watch every episode every new series but always feel underwhelmed 4 out of every 5 shows. 

I’ll keep watching it, but I do think it’s ready for a bit of a change - not necessarily the presenters but the format; even if it’s just a few tweaks.

Maybe that Rory Reid could do his own small spot every week - he did some really good stuff for the series or two he was involved. Heaven knows why they axed him. 

10 hours ago, shandypants said:

Maybe that Rory Reid could do his own small spot every week - he did some really good stuff for the series or two he was involved. Heaven knows why they axed him. 

He just didn't gel. In a format where the show stands or falls on the chemistry between the three co-presenters, he just didn't fit. It was interesting that towards the end, all the "adventure" type stuff was only being done by Matt le Blanc and Chris Harris.

10 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

He just didn't gel. In a format where the show stands or falls on the chemistry between the three co-presenters, he just didn't fit. It was interesting that towards the end, all the "adventure" type stuff was only being done by Matt le Blanc and Chris Harris.

but that's exactly my point about it being a tired format.  It's the TV equivalent of Paint by Numbers.  It's just the same stuff but with different presenters.  It can't carry on indefinitely like that or it'll eat itself.