What did we learn from Saturday and Moore?

23 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Darren Moore is worse than Alan Irvine and that's saying something, the man is a truly awful manager.

Alan Irvine

24wins

13draws

22 loses

win % 40.7

career win % 39.7

we had worse....

Gary monk 

18 wins

15 draws

25 loses

31.0 win %

Career win % 37.4

Jos luakey 

16 wins 

13 draws

19 loses 

33.33 win %

Career win % 38

2 hours ago, adamwestsleftear said:

Alan Irvine

24wins

13draws

22 loses

win % 40.7

career win % 39.7

we had worse....

Gary monk 

18 wins

15 draws

25 loses

31.0 win %

Career win % 37.4

Jos luakey 

16 wins 

13 draws

19 loses 

33.33 win %

Career win % 38

the thing with stats they dont always paint a true picture , we all know jos was awful and dull but he took on a car crash with upto 15 injuries after the clown tried to finish this club , so his 1 in 3 wins isnt as bad as it seems . d moore is fast heading for the record of worst swfc manager ever stat. hopefully he resigns on saturday after yet another humiliation ,we have have the away ground im sure enough of us shout moore out he might pick the phone up to chansiri and say i want out. 

30 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Maybe because some of us can see the bigger picture; the length of time he's been in the job, the situation he inherited, the squad clear out, the embargo......... Under the circumstances perhaps it's unreasonable to expect us to be tearing L1 a new one straightaway.

Yes, we're drawing a lot of games. But we're not losing them. As someone else pointed out earlier, that gives us a good platform to build on. And when you look at yesterdays performance, you can see how close we are to converting draws to wins. 

what embargo? we wouldnt have signed anyone for money anyways no club in league 1 is paying out transfer fees at the present time 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Maybe because some of us can see the bigger picture; the length of time he's been in the job, the situation he inherited, the squad clear out, the embargo......... Under the circumstances perhaps it's unreasonable to expect us to be tearing L1 a new one straightaway.

Yes, we're drawing a lot of games. But we're not losing them. As someone else pointed out earlier, that gives us a good platform to build on. And when you look at yesterdays performance, you can see how close we are to converting draws to wins. 

We are very good as a club at making excuses for poor managers. Other clubs are as shambolic as us off the field yet they have managers that come in and can still deliver results.

If you asked the other 23 managers in this league whose squad they would like to manage. Most would say ours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, morganowl said:

the thing with stats they dont always paint a true picture , we all know jos was awful and dull but he took on a car crash with upto 15 injuries after the clown tried to finish this club , so his 1 in 3 wins isnt as bad as it seems . d moore is fast heading for the record of worst swfc manager ever stat. hopefully he resigns on saturday after yet another humiliation ,we have have the away ground im sure enough of us shout moore out he might pick the phone up to chansiri and say i want out. 

Defending Jos while blaming Carlos.  Barmy.

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
18 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

We are very good as a club at making excuses for poor managers. Other clubs are as shambolic as us off the field yet they have managers that come in and can still deliver results.

If you asked the other 23 managers in this league whose squad they would like to manage. Most would say ours.

I thought we played fairly well on Saturday, have been improving and are becoming more of a settled side with settled personnel in recent weeks.

I'm not sure people are making excuses for Darren Moore, you've already made your mind up about Moore which is fine.. but and some are willing to give him more time, based on the circumstances, player turn over, points deduction, crazy chairman not paying people etc.. 

A lot of us are seeing signs of improvement. If we are seeing signs of improvement, even if it's slow improvement, should we change managers? - it's a bit of gamble isn't it.

Do you trust that DC will appoint someone who's going to take the squad by the scruff of the neck and turn them into the best team in league one overnight.? - i'm not sure i do 

How do you know most of the other managers would say they want our squad? -  I'm not sure i would say i wanted our squad, from what i've seen so far, I'd probably take Plymouth's to be honest. That's not to say we aren't capable of doing a lot better, i believe we can and I hope we will. 

6 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I thought we played fairly well on Saturday, have been improving and are becoming more of a settled side with settled personnel in recent weeks.

I'm not sure people are making excuses for Darren Moore, you've already made your mind up about Moore which is fine.. but and some are willing to give him more time, based on the circumstances, player turn over, points deduction, crazy chairman not paying people etc.. 

A lot of us are seeing signs of improvement. If we are seeing signs of improvement, even if it's slow improvement, should we change managers? - it's a bit of gamble isn't it.

Do you trust that DC will appoint someone who's going to take the squad by the scruff of the neck and turn them into the best team in league one overnight.? - i'm not sure i do 

How do you know most of the other managers would say they want our squad? -  I'm not sure i would say i wanted our squad, from what i've seen so far, I'd probably take Plymouth's to be honest. That's not to say we aren't capable of doing a lot better, i believe we can and I hope we will. 

If playing well is just getting the ball to Shodipo or Corbeanu to cut in and out all game then I guess we did. There is a reason we cannot beat any of these teams in the bottom half. We are so predicable in our attacks when teams just sit back.  

We beat Sunderland 3-0 and it was crying out to keep the same team. Gregory changed that but instead of just starting Sow, he moved Patterson away from RWM, swapped Corbeanu from the wing he played well on and played Shodipo on the left. Why was Adrenian taken out and not Wing, if he felt the middle 3 needed changing.

Our squad is huge. There is not a squad in the league with our depth and quality.

I don't trust the chairman to get the appointment right no, which is the main reason Moore is probably still getting any backing.

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
6 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

If playing well is just getting the ball to Shodipo or Corbeanu to cut in and out all game then I guess we did. There is a reason we cannot beat any of these teams in the bottom half. We are so predicable in our attacks when teams just sit back.  

We beat Sunderland 3-0 and it was crying out to keep the same team. Gregory changed that but instead of just starting Sow, he moved Patterson away from RWM, swapped Corbeanu from the wing he played well on and played Shodipo on the left. Why was Adrenian taken out and not Wing, if he felt the middle 3 needed changing.

Our squad is huge. There is not a squad in the league with our depth and quality.

I don't trust the chairman to get the appointment right no, which is the main reason Moore is probably still getting any backing.

Well we did hit the post and if Corbeanu showed a bit more composure instead of blasting the ball straight at there keeper, who actually made a couple of decent stops , then we win the game. 

You can only take things one game at a time and I genuinely believe we are slowly improving.

I don't know about why he made those choices in selection, i would have done the same or similar to you by the sounds of it. 

Our squad is strong in terms of depth, I'm not convinced all the players have the required quality , yet. Especially, in the attacking areas. 

I can only speak for myself but he's getting backing from me at the moment, not just because of the chairman being useless, but also because of the events of last season and the roll over effect to this season, I know you think the turn over of player and stuff are just convenient excuses (i can see where you are coming from)  but i honestly believe they have have had a bearing on how the start of this season has panned out.

17 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Well we did hit the post and if Corbeanu showed a bit more composure instead of blasting the ball straight at there keeper, who actually made a couple of decent stops , then we win the game. 

You can only take things one game at a time and I genuinely believe we are slowly improving.

I don't know about why he made those choices in selection, i would have done the same or similar to you by the sounds of it. 

Our squad is strong in terms of depth, I'm not convinced all the players have the required quality , yet. Especially, in the attacking areas. 

I can only speak for myself but he's getting backing from me at the moment, not just because of the chairman being useless, but also because of the events of last season and the roll over effect to this season, I know you think the turn over of player and stuff are just convenient excuses (i can see where you are coming from)  but i honestly believe they have have had a bearing on how the start of this season has panned out.

I hope you are right, I don' want to be changing managers every season either.

I just worry about Moore. He fills me with no confidence whatsoever when he speaks to the media and I just hope the players get a different version in the changing room.

That Gillingham side were one of the worse teams we will play this season, we should be beating them 3 or 4 nil but instead we are scraping draws.

Then again that shot that goes in that hits the post, we probably do win 3 or 4.

I am hoping Windass will turn some of these draws into wins.

On 14/11/2021 at 12:12, CourteenerOwl said:

The one defeat in 14 games stat will protect him but why does no one question his overall win ratio - that Darren Moore is the key stat.

The worrying stat in the last 13 league games.

W3 D7 L3 Points 16.

Mostly against bottom half teams.

Guest DoesJackHunt

No, I appreciate Darren Moore needs to do better. He needs to improve results and performances, we cant' keeping taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back, it needs to be a continually upwards improvement in performances now.  We aren't going to win every single game but we need to win a lot more of them and play on the front foot. 

yep, really looking forward to having Windass back as well. A fully fit Windass will tear this league apart. 

26 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No, I appreciate Darren Moore needs to do better. He needs to improve results and performances, we cant' keeping taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back, it needs to be a continually upwards improvement in performances now.  We aren't going to win every single game but we need to win a lot more of them and play on the front foot. 

yep, really looking forward to having Windass back as well. A fully fit Windass will tear this league apart. 

I'll be glad to get Windass back but he's never been prolific in front of goal 9 in 41 games for us, 9 in 54 for Wigan. I think having Luongo back and fit is just as important. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
6 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

I'll be glad to get Windass back but he's never been prolific in front of goal 9 in 41 games for us, 9 in 54 for Wigan. I think having Luongo back and fit is just as important. 

Yeah definitely. Both will improve the team when fully fit. I like to think Windass will score a few more in this league, he's a good age and has played a lot of football at a higher level, it's a good point though, he's not been a goal machine.

He'll be a massive boost to our attacking options though regardless.