Wednesday & Plymouth bare facts

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Wednesday 22 shots 9 on target=1 solitary goal. 

Plymouth 9 shots 7 on target =4 goals. So that's it. 

Man for man we have better players, so it's all down to the men in charge in both clubs, I'd rather have an ex striker here than a negative ex defender

I would say the jury is well and truly out on that one.  What I would suggest is that they have the better team, which is probably down to both players and managers.  I would be happy to see you get your wish with regard to Ryan Lowe, but I don’t think it’s going to happen - he has his career to think about.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I would say the jury is well and truly out on that one.  What I would suggest is that they have the better team, which is probably down to both players and managers.  I would be happy to see you get your wish with regard to Ryan Lowe, but I don’t think it’s going to happen - he has his career to think about.

So you reckon him coming here would be a step down for him? It's a worrying thought nevertheless 

Edited by Daniele Giovanni

Argyle fan in peace here 🙂

Whilst we accept that Lowe is probably destined for bigger things...it probably won't be with you in the short to medium term.  If he keeps us in the top 6 (on a budget in the bottom 6 of this division) he'd probably get an opportunity at a big Championship club.  

There is a fly in the ointment though.....our current success may not be down to Lowe but to the massive backroom staff we have.  Our new chairman, has instigated a massive analytic backroom staff (in the style of Moneyball) who provide Lowe with the players (within budget) and analysis of games that should allow us to overachieve our budget.  It is the way teams like Argyle have to go.  We need to find a way to overachieve our budget or be eternally destined to live in the lower half of League 1.  For yesterday's 4-1 at Accrington we only had 1 senior pro on the bench...the rest are kids...so for large parts of this season Lowe has had no option on who he picks to play.  It will be interesting to see how he manages the team when our injured players return......

I hope you enjoy your drive down on Tuesday night...but not the drive back 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Green Army said:

Whilst we accept that Lowe is probably destined for bigger things...it probably won't be with you in the short to medium term.  If he keeps us in the top 6 (on a budget in the bottom 6 of this division) he'd probably get an opportunity at a big Championship club.  

There is a fly in the ointment though.....our current success may not be down to Lowe but to the massive backroom staff we have.  Our new chairman, has instigated a massive analytic backroom staff (in the style of Moneyball) who provide Lowe with the players (within budget) and analysis of games that should allow us to overachieve our budget.  It is the way teams like Argyle have to go.  We need to find a way to overachieve our budget or be eternally destined to live in the lower half of League 1.  For yesterday's 4-1 at Accrington we only had 1 senior pro on the bench...the rest are kids...so for large parts of this season Lowe has had no option on who he picks to play.  It will be interesting to see how he manages the team when our injured players return......

Top top post Green Army, all the best to you too, oh by the way, can we have your chairman? Straight swap

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

So you reckon him coming here would be a step down for him? It's a worrying thought nevertheless 

It’s not exactly a step down as such, but I think he might view it as potentially damaging to a promising career at this moment in time.  If we are to replace Moore then I think we will struggle to attract a relatively successful manager and we’ll be reduced to taking a chance on a relative unknown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green Army said:

I agree that Lowe can do better than us, but if he moves to the Championship I think it's more likely to be to a post at a club in the bottom half.

The top Championship clubs have the money, and are looking for experienced managers who can get their teams into the PL and hopefully stay there.

I don't see them gambling on Lowe, but I can envisage a side in the lower half with a bottom-end budget taking the plunge, as he's done well on a shoestring, as you say.

As for Tuesday night, I fear that Lowe will be even more popular on these pages thereafter than before.

lol

• Thanks 1

I think confidence is everything in football and your players didn't have it at our place and our players seem to think they're unbeatable (they're not by the way....we were second best in our 4-1 win yesterday....I don't understand it either)

You guys are not far away from going on a real run and your support is worth a goal every game if it isn't directed at your own team.

You are one of the few teams in that could get 2  promotions in a row if you got it right.

The victory for us at Home Park was partly due to the fact that key moments went our way and Banan was played in the wrong position.  I don't know why he was next to your centre halfs for most of the game.  Your striker up front won almost everything played up to him but there wasn't another Wednesday player within 20 yards of him.  Maybe play Banan off the centre forward...he'd cause carnage...

Anyway, you know what football is like.  We will lose the next 5 games and our support will want Lowe out...you'll win your next 5 and it will be "Ryan who?"  🙂

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Green Army said:

I think confidence is everything in football and your players didn't have it at our place and our players seem to think they're unbeatable (they're not by the way....we were second best in our 4-1 win yesterday....I don't understand it either)

You guys are not far away from going on a real run and your support is worth a goal every game if it isn't directed at your own team.

You are one of the few teams in that could get 2  promotions in a row if you got it right.

The victory for us at Home Park was partly due to the fact that key moments went our way and Banan was played in the wrong position.  I don't know why he was next to your centre halfs for most of the game.  Your striker up front won almost everything played up to him but there wasn't another Wednesday player within 20 yards of him.  Maybe play Banan off the centre forward...he'd cause carnage...

Anyway, you know what football is like.  We will lose the next 5 games and our support will want Lowe out...you'll win your next 5 and it will be "Ryan who?"  🙂

Your club is in safe hands with fans like you, you are a credit to your club, and good luck with your season from Wednesday onwards!!!, up the pilgrims and owls

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, Green Army said:

I can’t recall that many managers who’ve been successful in Leagues 1 and 2, then got a move to a Championship side and being successful there too. Most have to get promoted into the league and then do something with their existing club.

Cowley and Hurst got moves but then got sacked.. Wilder got United 2 promotions.

I think if Lowe was to leave Plymouth then a move to Wednesday would be the biggest step up he could make as he’d get more money but we’re a shambles on and off the pitch so he’s probably best staying put.

5 hours ago, Green Army said:

Top post. We were in Cornwall on hols and went in Sept..lovely ground, nice people good game, for you! Our support is fantastic, our best feature,  even more so when you consider what we get served up most weeks.

Lowe would be mad to think of coming here, he can do much better..and I suggest already is.

Good luck hope you go up this season

8 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I can’t recall that many managers who’ve been successful in Leagues 1 and 2, then got a move to a Championship side and being successful there too. Most have to get promoted into the league and then do something with their existing club.

Cowley and Hurst got moves but then got sacked.. Wilder got United 2 promotions.

I think if Lowe was to leave Plymouth then a move to Wednesday would be the biggest step up he could make as he’d get more money but we’re a shambles on and off the pitch so he’s probably best staying put.

Shankly and Clough did ok after spells in the lower reaches and both steered their sides from div.2 (championship) and onto better things.

Plymouth are getting everything right, especially behind the scenes and giving the manager a better chance of success, any manager could walk into that set up and do well.

We on the other hand arent run well and can offer NONE of that expert help Lowe currently benefits from, hed struggle here with DC and his entourage, hed be an absolute fool to come here.