Corbeanu

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

It wasn't meant as a criticism, just the observation and that us as fans need to be a little grounded. Don't wanna hype the kid up then have fans crush his confidence when he has a bad game. Apologies if it came across in any other way.

Hopefully he gets some championship experience under his belt too. He's definitely a player I'll be keeping an eye on (I have a soft spot for Wolves too it seems).

Sorry - I thought it was a pop at him. I agree we fans need to patient and just encourage him to keep taking players in even if he loses it occasionally. Very early days but really is a rare light in our increasingly gloomy season. But I dare say he will get pelters if he loses the ball or puts in a duff cross. He was mainly excellent today 

Just now, McRightSide said:

I broadly agree with the OP

However he is also partly at fault for the lack of chances we create from his ability 

What I mean by that is that he takes too long to beat his man, therefore meaning we often have marked up players in the box and the opposites can’t get positionally set

He is plenty good enough to beat his man within 5 seconds. He should concentrate on doing that…not taking 15

Harsh 😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Criminal that it's taken 3 months of the season for him to get a start.

And that's probably only come about because of pressure from Wolves to give him game time or they will recall him.

Criminal yes, moores inadequacy yes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

Took on, and beat his man every time, thought he was excellent.
Thought him and Shodipo looked a real threat in the first 20 minutes then we just seemed to stop playing it down the left completely after the goal.

Yeh shodipo set off decent but petered out of the game.

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I broadly agree with the OP

However he is also partly at fault for the lack of chances we create from his ability 

What I mean by that is that he takes too long to beat his man, therefore meaning we often have marked up players in the box and the opposites can’t get positionally set

He is plenty good enough to beat his man within 5 seconds. He should concentrate on doing that…not taking 15

I’m sure that’s something he will probably improve on but I am very jealous of wolves having such a talent

2 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Sorry - I thought it was a pop at him. I agree we fans need to patient and just encourage him to keep taking players in even if he loses it occasionally. Very early days but really is a rare light in our increasingly gloomy season. But I dare say he will get pelters if he loses the ball or puts in a duff cross. He was mainly excellent today 

No no, I'm a big fan of the kid! We're a much better side with him in the team. 

He needs to be managed appropriately. Playing in front of 22,000 fans can be quite intimidating for a young player. And as we know, the atmosphere can change in an instant.

He's going to make mistakes, I just hope the fans at the ground have some patience and don't berate him for every little mistake. 

He'll get there in the end.

• Like 1

He looks a talent and seems to be our main attacking threat at the moment - so you have to question why he’s being played at wing back. As a wide man in a 4 or even an attacking 3 he could focus more on being a threat around goal / creating chances and less on defending - which he understandably looks poor at 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Sky sports said similar about him. Good on the ball but needs to be better in the final third. 

He's good but he's far from the finished product. Think Wolves will have a real talent on their hands in a few years.

Maybe still best used off the bench ? Hunt and Johnson can get into similar positions but consistently deliver better crosses. He was exciting today but wasted a lot of good opportunities. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Maybe still best used off the bench ? Hunt and Johnson can get into similar positions but consistently deliver better crosses. He was exciting today but wasted a lot of good opportunities. 

Not a bad shout but then you have to consider what's happening in the game.

Are we a goal down and need that spark? Brilliant, bring him on.

Or are we getting battered? Are the crowd hostile? Is it too much pressure for the kid? 

I think he's capable of starting but we're asking him to maintain the same tempo for 90 minutes. Games swing several ways during the course of that, so can he do it all? 

I reckon he'd be a great second half sub, 45th minute. Second half we normally come out guns blazing and I think this suits his play style.

• Like 1

Very exciting player, made the odd wrong decision but on the whole he was a massive threat. Possibly tired a bit towards the end. 

I was very disappointed with Bannan waving his arms around like a windmill at one point after a failed cross, bet he's such an irritating captain. 

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Not a bad shout but then you have to consider what's happening in the game.

Are we a goal down and need that spark? Brilliant, bring him on.

Or are we getting battered? Are the crowd hostile? Is it too much pressure for the kid? 

I think he's capable of starting but we're asking him to maintain the same tempo for 90 minutes. Games swing several ways during the course of that, so can he do it all? 

I reckon he'd be a great second half sub, 45th minute. Second half we normally come out guns blazing and I think this suits his play style.

I think it shows where we are at the moment that we are relying on a relatively untried teenager to provide moments of quality and entertainment. 
Maybe if the likes of Wing, Bannan, & Shodipo could contribute more it would be easier to accommodate Corbeneau in the team. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Very exciting player, made the odd wrong decision but on the whole he was a massive threat. Possibly tired a bit towards the end. 

I was very disappointed with Bannan waving his arms around like a windmill at one point after a failed cross, bet he's such an irritating captain. 

players should start doing that to him after his pathetic corners. 

• Like 1

A player that actually don't mind paying to watch. He's got some bottle unlike many of them and gets you off your seat. Playing in a new position with a hell of a lot of responsibility of being the main attacking threat and also having to do a lot of work defensively, which was near enough impossible at times. He'll be a top player I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think this guy has a big future ahead of him, he was a constant threat and somebody should have put a couple of the many chances he created in.

I agree.

This is the thing about our recruitment. There are plenty of unknown quantities and rough diamonds among our new intake. It's not fair or reasonable to expect them to be top class players overnight. It's going to take time to polish them, unlock their potential and develop a chemistry with the players around them. And some of them may not pass muster. But Theo looks to be emerging as one of the brightest of the bunch; it took him a while to get an opportunity, but he seems to have seized it with both hands.