Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

48 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Like this post if you don't open the star articles and just wait for someone else to say what it says 

26 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I ain't opening that link to get spammed by thousands of ads. 

Oh look the gimmer gammon squad are here with their edgy ultra topical views

lol

• Haha 6

Owlstalk Shop

I’m certain this will mirror the Andre Green signing. Have him train with us, get him fit, sign him up, play him once or twice, he gets injured, we never play him again, we let him go. 

It’s not that it’s even a particularly bad thing. Just kind of pointless…

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I have absolutely no idea what system we play in the first place?? 

A week ago I was saying the same thing but in the last two games we've played the same system and I rather like it. IF Moore doesn't revert to messing around with formations ('horses for courses') then Mendez-Laing would have to play as a wing-back. I've no idea whether that would suit him but if it does he might be a better option than Shodipo who, so far, hasn't looked up to it.

3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

… does he want to play wingback though ?

I don't think he wants to play wingbacks, he just also wants our make shift defence to have three members, cos its got a full back and a winger in it. When we have 2 decent center halves available we will play 4-2-3-1 again. 

38 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

A week ago I was saying the same thing but in the last two games we've played the same system and I rather like it. IF Moore doesn't revert to messing around with formations ('horses for courses') then Mendez-Laing would have to play as a wing-back. I've no idea whether that would suit him but if it does he might be a better option than Shodipo who, so far, hasn't looked up to it.

To be fair we was much much better against Sunderland just for the battling and desire aspect of it but I still couldn’t see any sort of shape or organisation to be honest. 

I couldn’t bring myself to go Sunday…it was a welcome break for me so I can’t really comment to much. 

4 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m certain this will mirror the Andre Green signing. Have him train with us, get him fit, sign him up, play him once or twice, he gets injured, we never play him again, we let him go. 

It’s not that it’s even a particularly bad thing. Just kind of pointless…

We did get a fee for Green which was reported to be six figures.