Wing recall ?

Such a huge disappointment. 

I genuinely thought he'd be our star man this season, proving himself to be too good for this level.

But, despite plenty of opportunities, he's looked sub standard for most of the season. 

He spoke openly about falling out of love with the game, prior to his loan spell with Rotherham, and currently, he does look like he's playing with the whole weight of the World upon his shoulders. He looks bereft of confidence, and almost forlorn in his body language (as though, he feels like nothing he does is right).

Who knows whether he's struggling mentally again, and Moore alluded to the fact, post match last night, that he's been speaking to Wing in an attempt for him to find some form. 

I wouldn't write him off completely. He's clearly a talented player, and if Moore can eek out a bit of belief in him, he may well turn things around. But, he's going to have to do so, with far fewer opportunities than he was afforded earlier in the season. With Bannan & Luongo fit, they start every single game (rests permitting), so it only leaves one other slot left for Wing to stake his claim. Dele-Bashiru has that spot currently, and has took his chance when it was given to him. Wing needs to be as ruthless as Dele-Bashiru was. 

That said, I wouldn't be overly upset if he was recalled in January. It would give us the opportunity to tweak our squad a little bit more, rather than blindly hoping that Wing turns his form around.

• Like 2