Wing recall ?

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I thought he did well today apart from the finishing. 

Hard to ask without sounding like I'm being a dïck, but what did he do today that makes you think he played well?

I think he's terrible. Distribution was poor, loses the ball too easily, doesn't seem to show for the ball enough, not strong in tackles, lacks vision with his passing range, often gets caught trying to get the ball out from under his feet

Defensively he's weak too.

3 hours ago, Lincowl said:

Puts himself in goalscoring positions though, which is a skill.

If he has that skill, why has he scored so few goals in his career? (Maybe we saw the answer in injury time today).

Sorry, that's a bit flippant. I actually agree that his runs into the box have given us something extra (just not goals). I like Wing and agree with Neil and others that there's a player in there, but, sorry Neil, not the best player in this league.

• Like 1

Just now, davetherivelinowl said:

If he has that skill, why has he scored so few goals in his career? (Maybe we saw the answer in injury time today).

Sorry, that's a bit flippant. I actually agree that his runs into the box have given us something extra (just not goals). I like Wing and agree with Neil and others that there's a player in there, but, sorry Neil, not the best player in this league.

YET

He will be though

I 100% believe in him and am standing by him when faced with critics all suggesting he wont' come good
I'll stand up tall here and put my impeccable footballing reputation on the line and say he will come good

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

YET

He will be though

Presumably you're still hoping for him to prove you right when you said, after the Huddersfield match that he'd be our player of the season. I agree he looked promising then but he's been mostly poor ever since (better today though). It would be great if he could rediscover the form he showed last season but he still has lots to do to win us all round.

I'm struck by two things: 

He has a comical running style which shouldn't be important but makes it easy for people to disparage him. So he might be performing better than we think (though whoscored.com doesn't think so either)

I seem to remember someone on here saying that a Boro fan described him as having 'the heart of a pea'. That doesn't sound promising but if he has fragile confidence then he can turn it around if his confidence is built up again. A goal could do him the world of good.

35 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Presumably you're still hoping for him to prove you right when you said, after the Huddersfield match that he'd be our player of the season. I agree he looked promising then but he's been mostly poor ever since (better today though). It would be great if he could rediscover the form he showed last season but he still has lots to do to win us all round.

I'm struck by two things: 

He has a comical running style which shouldn't be important but makes it easy for people to disparage him. So he might be performing better than we think (though whoscored.com doesn't think so either)

I seem to remember someone on here saying that a Boro fan described him as having 'the heart of a pea'. That doesn't sound promising but if he has fragile confidence then he can turn it around if his confidence is built up again. A goal could do him the world of good.

He's in a side playing for a manager that chops and changes and picks and drops
He's not had a full run in his own natural position yet

I"m 100% convinced he will come great and be our player of the season but it depends on Moore playing him in his rightful position and letting him have a run - I'm not 100% convinced that will happen though as it's Darren Moore

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Don't get the negativity after yesterday, I've criticised him a lot so far this season but thought yesterday was by far his best game for us, was everywhere, great engine, got stuck in a lot, brilliant goal-line clearance and his general play showed so much more confidence and desire than earlier in the season.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

He gets about the pitch alot, can sense danger and finds decent positions but he's so slow it's painful at times.

His best passes so far are back to the keeper, the forward ones are overall fairly poor. He can't shoot, lacks composure and probably has 0 goals and 0 assists in many appearances.

The manager has been very generous in his playing time compared to some players like theo, who scored and assisted on his 1st start.

So based on evidence over optimism i wouldn't play him before deli or a fit luongo, but he could possibly do a job for a decent lg1 or good lg2 squad imo

7 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

What has he done this season to give any impression he could be 'the best player in the league'

No goals. No assists. Bang average performances. 

I stand by what I said mate!
100% will be the player of the year IF Moore gives him a proper run in his natural position

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop