Wing recall ?

1 minute ago, wiggy said:

Would anyone be that upset right now?

YES

He could be easily the best player In the whole division and will still come good regardless of the people sneering at him because he’s been repeatedly messed about at our club and never given a proper go at it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YES

He could be easily the best player In the whole division and will still come good regardless of the people sneering at him because he’s been repeatedly messed about at our club and never given a proper go at it 

No sneering going on here.

I agree to an extent about being messed about. But he’s not alone in that regard. Very few players have been given that opportunity this season for a settled position/role.

Given what I’ve seen we’ve failed to get the best out of him. Maybe it’s down to the manager, player, tactics, formation. But it’s not worked so far. So I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he goes back. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not really a great loss if he did, we have Luongo, Byers and Dele-Bashiru who can play in the midfield. And then we can sign someone else on loan in Jan who might contribute more than Wing has done (so far). 

Don't hold your breath on Luongo appearing anytime soon. He's become the aussie Abdi.

• Haha 1

I know Wilder hates Wednesday and all that, but I’m sure he’ll have bigger fish to fry than recalling Wing to spite us. If he recalls him it will be because he thinks he can add something to the Borough squad. He’s not been on top form for us and said so himself in his interview but no doubt if he picks up as I expect him to, we run the risk of him going back in Jan if the terms of the loan allow it. But that’s the loan market for you. Uncertainty is baked into the process. 

I suppose I have been disappointed with how Wing has performed so far, up until, the Sunderland game where he was good. But let’s face it, same could be said for pretty much the whole team. He’s a good player and if we are to turn things around we will need him. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YES

He has shown me absolutely no reason to be involved in front of other players in midfield.

He reminds me so much of Kenny Lunt.  So much pretense and promise, but no actual product.  His, 'throw his arms around and shrug' when things go wrong rather than get on with it and press does my nut in.