7 Subs

squonk

18 minutes ago, squonk said:

Been to the Rovrum v Bromley game today and Bromley made 7 subs since when has this been allowed ?

I think the rules for this season in the FA Cup are that 5 subs can be used plus any that occur due to a concussion injury. Were there any head injuries?

Had it explained 

Rule is 5 subs plus concussion subs allowed 

Bromley made 5 subs plus 1 concussion sub and as ever in English footy the onfield official screwed up and allowed them the 7th illegally no bother as Rovrum won 3 nil but would have been interesting had Bromley won 

4 minutes ago, squonk said:

Had it explained 

Rule is 5 subs plus concussion subs allowed 

Bromley made 5 subs plus 1 concussion sub and as ever in English footy the onfield official screwed up and allowed them the 7th illegally no bother as Rovrum won 3 nil but would have been interesting had Bromley won 

That's a pretty shocking error at professional level. The linesmen and 4th official should also be keeping tabs on the number of subs made and should draw it to the attention of the referee in a case like this.

I'd never heard of a concussion sub until the Manchester derby game earlier, now I've heard it about 3 times today.

Sure the usual suspects who rely on shithousery won't abuse that at all then, faking head injuries to waste more time and get another crafty sub on. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's a pretty shocking error at professional level. The linesmen and 4th official should also be keeping tabs on the number of subs made and should draw it to the attention of the referee in a case like this.

Level of officiating I’ve seen in league 1 this I’d say it’s par for the course 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I'd never heard of a concussion sub until the Manchester derby game earlier, now I've heard it about 3 times today.

Sure the usual suspects who rely on shithousery won't abuse that at all then, faking head injuries to waste more time and get another crafty sub on. 

I think you are spot on no one will abuse this at all to think so is just crazy talk 

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It's been around in the top flight since February.

Teams waste enough time anyway and if a concussion sub is made then the opposition get an extra sub as well so might not be wise to try and use this unless genuine. 

12 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Noticed Colchester used 5 subs in the televised game last night. Seems excessive to me. Should be 3 subs plus an extra for concussion or extra time. 

Same here, don't like it.

Some European leagues are still using 5 subs this season. Think it gives the bigger clubs further advantage with the size of their squads.