-£104.6m - The Rangers FC

That’s how much they’ve lost in the nine seasons since they setup the new company in Division 3. Rangers board have announced  another loss of £23.5m for the latest set of accounts.

How on earth do Rangers get away with this?

Bumped the taxman and loads of other businesses for tens of millions last time when they went bust. Astonishing 

• Like 1

11m loss per season incl. 4 season outside the top flight and no European football

That will have impacted broadcasting revenue, value of player sales and other commercial revenues

Throw in the impact of COVID and that doesn’t sound so bad to me. 

How does it compare to Celtic both in terms of losses and revenue?

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

11m loss per season incl. 4 season outside the top flight and no European football

That will have impacted broadcasting revenue, value of player sales and other commercial revenues

Sounds like they didn’t cut their cloth accordingly (again).  Not sure why the other ugly sister has to be brought into it?

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Inclined to agree. Like you say, 4 seasons of those 9 were outside the top flight. I'd also guess that gate revenue represents a larger slice of the pie in Scotland relative to the prize money, sponsorship and TV revenues etc, so Covid will have had a bigger impact?

Worth remembering the winner of the league this years automatically qualifies for the CL groups. Worth £30m-£40m itself. Important one to win this year.

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Inclined to agree. Like you say, 4 seasons of those 9 were outside the top flight. I'd also guess that gate revenue represents a larger slice of the pie in Scotland relative to the prize money, sponsorship and TV revenues etc, so Covid will have had a bigger impact?

Worth remembering the winner of the league this years automatically qualifies for the CL groups. Worth £30m-£40m itself. Important one to win this year.

Yup

And you also are highly unlikely to have players that can be sold for big sums to EPL and Championship clubs

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Yup

And you also are highly unlikely to have players that can be sold for big sums to EPL and Championship clubs

Indeed, although even then I wonder if Covid has caught them particularly hard with that as well. Rangers had an impressive run in the Europa last year. Under normal circumstances, I think there would have been a decent market in that £10m-£15m price range for a few of their players. That arse has fallen out of that market at the minute. Think Celtic have fetched in substantially less than they might have expected before for clearing out their 9 in a row team. 

11 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So basically Celtic only do better by virtue of the fact that the have greater player sales over the last decade 

03577246-BECB-4983-A6DE-6687F2BC79F0.png

DB720934-FD82-49DA-AF27-CCFA10818607.png

Aye but Celtic have ran a profit of roughly £40m+ over the last 10 seasons with those sales. And as much as I don’t like them, Celtic tbf have ran their club ethically and well financially.

After the old club folding and cheating the taxman to the tune of tens of millions of pounds, the new Rangers have ran up ridiculous debts again.

It’s not right is it?

26 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Aye but Celtic have ran a profit of roughly £40m+ over the last 10 seasons with those sales. And as much as I don’t like them, Celtic tbf have ran their club ethically and well financially.

After the old club folding and cheating the taxman to the tune of tens of millions of pounds, the new Rangers have ran up ridiculous debts again.

It’s not right is it?

Well the fact they have had the chance to do that is exactly my point. 

Who was going to spend 19m a year (average) on the players Rangers we’re using to get them back to the SPL…

Rangers took their punishment and have built back. So long as they can pay their debts when they are due I don’t see the issue 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All football finances are irretrievably broken.  It seems unfair to single out any one club in particular by this point.

Even the tiny handful of Europe's 'elite' clubs (at least the ones that aren't run by oligarchs) are in so much debt that they tried to literally break football to keep the plates spinning for a few more years.

Edited by owlinexile
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Well the fact they have had the chance to do that is exactly my point. 

Who was going to spend 19m a year (average) on the players Rangers we’re using to get them back to the SPL…

Rangers took their punishment and have built back. So long as they can pay their debts when they are due I don’t see the issue 

You would be shouting from your blue tinted rooftops if the big club in Glasgow posted losses like this 🙈.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, sage owl said:

You would be shouting from your blue tinted rooftops if the big club in Glasgow posted losses like this 🙈.

What? 

The big club that have had years and years of bigger income while Rangers were working their way back through the divisions but despite their better footing can't currently get the edge on novice Gerrard?   

Shame.

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What? 

The big club that have had years and years of bigger income while Rangers were over-spending their way back through the divisions but despite their better footing can't currently get the edge on novice Gerrard?   

Shame.

Fixed it for you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

Yes, but is it a PROTESTANT don't give a poo about either club or a CATHOLIC don't give a poo about either club?

******** old firm.

it was a I just don’t support or follow either of them don’t give a poo about them 

It was just an interesting op that I wanted more info on

so I’m not sure what aspersions you are trying to cast but I’d respectfully ask you stop

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

it was a I just don’t support or follow either of them don’t give a poo about them 

It was just an interesting op that I wanted more info on

so I’m not sure what aspersions you are trying to cast but I’d respectfully ask you stop

The aspersions are about the fans of the Old Firm, not you...