"A team to win the game"

1 hour ago, Willie Henderson said:

DM quote from the Sunderland post-match interview.

"We picked a team, a formation to win the game"

I think that sports psychologist chap is maybe having an affect already with these ridiculously radical ideas, who knows where it will end.

What a novel idea eh! Do we not normally do this? 

8 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

I think that sports psychologist chap is maybe having an affect already with these ridiculously radical ideas, who knows where it will end.

Great. Does that mean he's going to change a winning team.

Hope not.

• Like 1

NO excuses from DM now,any return to his favoured 'passing it out' slow ponderous play,will see him lose what little support he has from our fan base(my opinion only,only see Owlstalk)

he needs to play direct, 2 up front,and use the channels.....

Balls into the box,and vary set pieces & corners...

Barnsley did that last night,and ended their losing run,after ditching their manager...who coincidently favoured  yes 'playing it out....

What ridiculous football snobbery this style is,as are the few on here who think Div 3 is full of great footballing side's,and star players...

Some can play a bit....within the context of the level of football we are currently in...its League 3 teams,playing L3 standard football,nothing more....

L1  is just hype......we are in the third tier of English football,were only relegated into it by an EFL sanction,as poor as we were last season,we still had enough points to stay up on merit,and we should with our players,wage budget,  and Manager be sat now on top of this  League....

That should be our ambition,nothing less,NO not arrogance or entitlement,not because we are the mighty SWFC  but simple common sense.....

We have the tools to do so,our set up and players,and as we sw last night when relevant tactics and team selection for the League are used we can score goals..

• Love 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

They really should start sending someone else out to do these post match interviews…

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

Is this idea of 'picking a team, a formation to win the game' something that has just occurred to Moore. It's revolutionary, I wish he'd kept quiet about it, now he's let the cat out of the bag other teams might start doing it.

Great thinker is Moore, just wish he'd keep his gob shut. lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, parajack said:

NO excuses from DM now,any return to his favoured 'passing it out' slow ponderous play,will see him lose what little support he has from our fan base(my opinion only,only see Owlstalk)

he needs to play direct, 2 up front,and use the channels.....

Balls into the box,and vary set pieces & corners...

Barnsley did that last night,and ended their losing run,after ditching their manager...who coincidently favoured  yes 'playing it out....

What ridiculous football snobbery this style is,as are the few on here who think Div 3 is full of great footballing side's,and star players...

Some can play a bit....within the context of the level of football we are currently in...its League 3 teams,playing L3 standard football,nothing more....

L1  is just hype......we are in the third tier of English football,were only relegated into it by an EFL sanction,as poor as we were last season,we still had enough points to stay up on merit,and we should with our players,wage budget,  and Manager be sat now on top of this  League....

That should be our ambition,nothing less,NO not arrogance or entitlement,not because we are the mighty SWFC  but simple common sense.....

We have the tools to do so,our set up and players,and as we sw last night when relevant tactics and team selection for the League are used we can score goals..

100% 

15 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

Wow problem solved.
All these weeks he’s been picking a team and formation to draw games.

I think he’s starting to get to grips with management.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1