Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland | Extended highlights, 2021/22

2 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Ta for putting these up. Westwood was almost talking to the defence at times “squeeze up” “block him off” etc what a great adviser he would be for young keepers.

That's a great thing to have in a keeper. He might not be the keeper he once was but having him giving out orders would help a lot.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

nice that they involved the ball boy in the celebration for the 3rd goal .....that kid will remember that for the rest of his life.

I was going to make the point myself. Patterson put his arm around him and pulled him into the huddle...nice touch

• Like 1

Had to miss the match last night, but it looks like we were pressing from the front much more, the defence appeared to be playing a slightly higher line, and we were looking to get the ball up the pitch quickly. Hopefully Moore realises this is the way forward now and we can make up for the points we’ve dropped against crap teams — we’ve been poor for a few weeks but we’re still in touching distance, fingers crossed we can put a few wins together on the bounce and kick on from here

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

nice that they involved the ball boy in the celebration for the 3rd goal .....that kid will remember that for the rest of his life.

He’s a great lad, good lad that kid  

* Warnock voice *

He does his job well… what you want in a ball boy. Like he’s been coached. 

Good stuff. A couple of random thoughts:

Always good to have extended highlights, but not sure we need the whole first 1:20 of the game, especially as 20-odd seconds of that highlight was us waiting to take a throw-in. Thought I had clicked on full match replay by accident.

I missed the bit where Palmer headed the shot of the line. He can have an extra 0.5 on his match rating for that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sternlad said:

Ta for putting these up. Westwood was almost talking to the defence at times “squeeze up” “block him off” etc what a great adviser he would be for young keepers.

I thought the same. He’d be worth his salt as a goalkeeping coach for us.