Theo ! Theo ! Theo !

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

He's obviously a talent, and his talent is attacking...let him do it....If a team fails to mark him as he doesn't track back..thats gonna be their problem.

Totally agree. I don't get all this 'its all well and good but he's got to do his defensive duties' carp.

Why restrict him? He does his damage at the other end of the pitch, that's what he should be able to concentrate on.

If we played with a back 4, with proper full backs, he shouldn't have to do the defending.

It showed last night that when we get a number of attacking players up the pitch, e.g. Gregory, Kamberi, Corbeanu, Paterson, we can score goals.

Let's take off the shackles and outscore the opposites. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Think this guy is a breath of fresh air he needs a run of games abs even if it doesn’t euro everytine he’s positive and plays in the right areas 

constantly looking to drive at teams  which we massively lack 

think he was excellent last night and I love how he speaks 

on an other note and don’t shoot the messenger her the rumours around us last night ire kick off was that Wednesday got told by wolves that he’s got to start playing more otherwise they are recalling him 

don’t want to take anything away from the lad he should be playing in my opinion anyway 

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Totally agree. I don't get all this 'its all well and good but he's got to do his defensive duties' carp.

Why restrict him? He does his damage at the other end of the pitch, that's what he should be able to concentrate on.

you can't afford to have passengers in the modern game.

we won yesterday because everyone worked their socks off and created an intensity that unnerved Sunderland .

one player strolling around would ruin the high intensity press.

If we played with a back 4, with proper full backs, he shouldnt have to do the defending.

we can't play a four four two with bannan in the middle and two wingers .it's too lightweight ..

especially if you don't want the wingers to work for the team .

what you witnessed yesterday was 352 ..with Theo putting in a shift and showing class on top .

that's not his best position but it will stand him in good stead ..hardwork never going out of fashion 

Edited by adamwestsleftear
  • Like 1

He may be better playing deeper rather than up front on the wing.  He always wants to beat a man but in most of his appearances before ( except one) he's had no room to build up speed so he has basically been stood still trying to send the defender the wrong way. It didn't work. Playing deeper he can run with the ball and easily send the defender the wrong way or he can run onto the ball at speed. I doubt he would have found as much space as he did for his goal if he was up front all game.

He's a real prospect but we need to play him in a way that let's him make the most of his abilities.

52 minutes ago, adamwestsleftear said:

you can't afford to have passengers in the modern game.

we won yesterday because everyone worked their socks off and created an intensity that unnerved Sunderland .

one player strolling around would ruin the high intensity press.

I'd take one pl;ayer strolling around, burying it in the bottom corner...then deciding to "Stroll" around again to set up a second.....

Depends on how good you are at "Strolling"...If you were a full back, would you leave him to "Stroll"?...If not...he's done his job on the full back....while strolling around

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'd take one pl;ayer strolling around, burying it in the bottom corner...then deciding to "Stroll" around again to set up a second.....

Depends on how good you are at "Strolling"...If you were a full back, would you leave him to "Stroll"?...If not...he's done his job on the full back....while strolling around

theo is capable of doing both thankfully 

and the whole team works hard at Wednesday ..

so I guess we will never know 

1 minute ago, adamwestsleftear said:

I'm talking about theo

so the Theo thread seems a good place

No probs mate,,,,But I'm of the opinion he should be simply let offa the leash...with the talent he showed...If You are marking Theo...yer not gonna leave him to do what he wants...I'm getting fed up of the analysing what the opposition can do to us..rather than vice versa...The squad we have...I honestly don't see the need

• Like 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

No probs mate,,,,But I'm of the opinion he should be simply let offa the leash...with the talent he showed...If You are marking Theo...yer not gonna leave him to do what he wants...I'm getting fed up of the analysing what the opposition can do to us..rather than vice versa...The squad we have...I honestly don't see the need

no worries  

I just really enjoyed everyone working hard and unnerving Sunderland ..

Theo both did the hard work and did the magic 

best of both worlds and will stand  him in good stead for modern football where everyone is expected to work hard 

Just now, adamwestsleftear said:

no worries  

I just really enjoyed everyone working hard and unnerving Sunderland ..

Theo both did the hard work and did the magic 

best of both worlds and will stand  him in good stead for modern football where everyone is expected to work hard 

I think Sunderland players carry the same weight ours do...high expectation of the crowd and playing in front of them...I'm hoping Theo doesn't carry that on his shoulders...free spirit...

He's surely wont have to "Track back" in that sort of form..There will be a couple of oppo players on him..So job done...no need to waste energy...He could be really dangerous....Suppose we will have to wait and see

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I think Sunderland players carry the same weight ours do...high expectation of the crowd and playing in front of them...I'm hoping Theo doesn't carry that on his shoulders...free spirit...

He's surely wont have to "Track back" in that sort of form..There will be a couple of oppo players on him..So job done...no need to waste energy...He could be really dangerous....Suppose we will have to wait and see

if he's making the rwb position is own he will have to do a lot of tracking back.

thats part of the position .

down the line I hope we try 433 again..theo would be more suited to it as it requires less of the defensive work .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamwestsleftear said:

if he's making the rwb position is own he will have to do a lot of tracking back.

thats part of the position .

down the line I hope we try 433 again..theo would be more suited to it as it requires less of the defensive work .

More or less agree

I'm sick of being...

frightened by Fleetwood

Altering it at Altrincham

Shrinking at Shrewsbury

Chucking it at Cheltenham and wobblin' at f.ookin' Wimbledon

Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war!!!!

(Theo is the "dog of war"..in me above thingy)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest for his own personal development if he can nail the defensive elements needed to be a wingback it’s got to be good for his career. So many teams play with them nowadays and it’s one of the most important roles in modern football. If he can cut it there he’ll have a terrific career with loads of options.