That was a refreshing change

Well done to the whole team tonight. Proper performance by everyone - we actually played for 90 minutes!

Far more positive in possession and got the ball forward much quicker. It does help when you have two up top who are always showing for the ball - I thought Kambeiri was outstanding alongside Gregory. it also helps when we actually deliver quality crosses into the box so well done to both our wing backs 

The defence did their jobs , although with a couple of scares, but didn’t bugger about with the ball. 

Well done to Darren Moore as well -  spot on tonight

I think the fans have been crying out for this type of performance for months so long may this continue. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I said to a work colleague yesterday that a win may not even help DM…it’s more about performances and getting the fans on board again. Last night is one result and we can’t get too carried away but hopefully it’s a step in the right direction. 

For me the main positives where 2 upfront seemed to work really well and both scored. Kamberi worked his socks off. Corbeanu was very good. Dunkley had his best game but the best bit was the desire and willingness to run and compete for the ball.

Pretty similar to the Wigan result….please continue this on a weekly basis regardless of the opposition!! 

• Like 2

It certainly was, shows what hard work and winning personnel battles on the pitch can do, they proved it can be done against a reasonable team, it's up to Moore to make sure that commitment is maintained and improved upon, nothing less is acceptable. 

• Like 1

Work rate and closing down - we didn’t let them rest - that’s half the battle. Sometimes it was a bit ott with 2 closing down 1 leaving another free but the ethic was great to see. If you can do that in this league, and have a bit of quality up top, you’ve cracked it. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Work rate and closing down - we didn’t let them rest - that’s half the battle. Sometimes it was a bit ott with 2 closing down 1 leaving another free but the ethic was great to see. If you can do that in this league, and have a bit of quality up top, you’ve cracked it. 

So what's changed with the team...it's not just tactics because we all knew playing two up top would work. It was the work ethic and attitude that changed...what's gone on with the team to change that around??

I think Sunderland played right into our hands all night but there was an obvious 10% increase in work rate from our recent performances. We also went loads more direct than i've seen us recently which helped our game. All 3 goals came from getting the ball into the box quickly and into dangerous areas and we need to keep doing that. Gillingham at home week on Saturday will be a completely different game so it's how we go against them which will be challenging. One thing is for sure though, work as hard as that and you won't see my complaining about many results.

Much better last night.

It helped that Sunderland didn't sit back and tried attacking us. We rode our luck just after the first goal but then looked comfortable after our second. Probably agree with Lee Johnson that we were more clinical in the box while they were more clinical out of the box.  I thought everybody upped there game and we didn't rely on our centre midfield for creativity like previous games,  our wide players dictated that and Patterson  and Theo both had cracking games. A big shout out for Gregory as well, he reminds me so much of Steven MacLean and is such an intelligent player.  I think he'll go close to 20 goals this season.