Can we have the Moore In or Out Poll now after a win

Quite simple really:

He's got to build on that tonight and start stringing together some positive results.

Think the next two matches are cup ties, but Plymouth is another game to lay down a marker.

Gillingham at home is our next league match. It is very much one we should be winning, no excuses.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

It seems that there was a big bust up at Cheltenham.

Something radical has changed in performance and players have bought into it.

If he's a big enough man to concede that he's been wrong he'll keep the players onside and hopefully we'll see more performances like tonight then we'll all be onside.

If he loses the players he'll lose the supporters .... it's up to him now.

I've not heard anything about a big bust up. Can you give more detail?

Not been happy with performances so far except for last. However most coaches would take a little time to build a team given the large turn over of players 

Is DM the right man for the job, that remains to be seen. Lets see how things are come xmas.

6 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

No bust up, but heated discussion's which is what i expect to hear about, given the dismal performance.

Not a bad thing if the players respectfully tell Moore a few home truths. I'm not in favour of player power but I think Moore was confusing the hell out of them. If he stays with the winning team in the league it will be a start. I'm not bothered about the cups so much although a decent cup run would help fill the bank account.

10 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

It seems that there was a big bust up at Cheltenham.

Something radical has changed in performance and players have bought into it.

If he's a big enough man to concede that he's been wrong he'll keep the players onside and hopefully we'll see more performances like tonight then we'll all be onside.

If he loses the players he'll lose the supporters .... it's up to him now.

I know you’re not saying this, but I don’t think I have ever seen a bunch of players, more committed to their manager. There isn’t a shred of evidence or mere hint, that he has lost one single player. Moore, like every player; like every supporter; and every OT contributor, is a human being. We all make mistakes, he is not immune. He is also getting an awful lot right. Last night was good, so was the away game at run away leaders Wigan. 

If we look at the teams above us, all of them benefit from a longer term manager, apart from Sunderland, who we just thumped. Wigan it could be argued are the anomaly, but their manager has been at the club since 2017, in different roles. Of the ‘big, turnaround clubs’, Moore currently sits above Cook and Cowley. Put Windass and Luongo in the squad and I’ll put money, he stays ahead of them.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. But the ridiculous vitriol pointed at Moore on here recently is idiotic, pathetic and most of all divisive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

But the ridiculous vitriol pointed at Moore on here recently is idiotic, pathetic and most of all divisive.

Not really. Performances have been disappointing, tactics questionable, teams picked all over the place. I can understand that early in the season but there's been no sign of it settling down. Our set pieces are poor, throw ins a joke for instance, the persistence with playing out from the back when it was obvious the midfilders didn't know how to do it properly, the lack of urgency in our play and our inability to keep leads late in the game all point to something (many things) not being right.

I want Moore to stay and be successful, if he can get us playing good football and winning games we will all be delighted. I doubt he can do it on his past showing, if he can then great but we need more of what we saw last night before I will be convinced.  Last night it all came together but we were still all over the place defensively at times, understandable maybe, it's how we go from here that will decide Moores fate. It's a start.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

IMoore, like every player; like every supporter; and every OT contributor, is a human being. We all make mistakes, he is not immune. He is also getting an awful lot right. Last night was good, so was the away game at run away leaders Wigan. 

If we look at the teams above us, all of them benefit from a longer term manager, apart from Sunderland, who we just thumped. Wigan it could be argued are the anomaly, but their manager has been at the club since 2017, in different roles. Of the ‘big, turnaround clubs’, Moore currently sits above Cook and Cowley. Put Windass and Luongo in the squad and I’ll put money, he stays ahead of them.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. But the ridiculous vitriol pointed at Moore on here recently is idiotic, pathetic and most of all divisive.

I'm trying to fathom which season you're talking about, because it's not this one. 

Moore. Might be a human being.. Don't know about you. I'm paid to do a job in a ordered and successful manner... Day in... Day out. He doesnt. 

Stop making this into something it's not.... "You throw words round like a newspaper columnist

" Divisive , Vitreol etc.. 

Oh the irony that you call people idiotic and pathetic..... Now... That"s divisive. 

Questioning Moore's tactics isn't divisive, it's called criticism. On a personal level, we've all applauded him. But If it wasn't for  a poor Sunderland last night, things might have been a lot different. 

Chuffed we won, but let's not start having a pop at the fans for being concerned eh?  

Like others have said, probably bought himself a bit of time with last night's performance. I'll be annoyed if we now revert to type and Moore will keep pointing back to this game to show how we could be. Needs to prove it now.

I would play the exact same team on Sunday even though a cup game. Chance to bring in some money but more importantly, a chance to get a settled side going and for them to prove it wasn't just a fluke last night.

If we change it up completely and disrupt our rhythm I'll be reyt cross. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Like others have said, probably bought himself a bit of time with last night's performance. I'll be annoyed if we now revert to type and Moore will keep pointing back to this game to show how we could be. Needs to prove it now.

I would play the exact same team on Sunday even though a cup game. Chance to bring in some money but more importantly, a chance to get a settled side going and for them to prove it wasn't just a fluke last night.

If we change it up completely and disrupt our rhythm I'll be reyt cross. 

Fully agree. Would like him to play the same team on Sunday.  Never change a winning team.  We need to keep the momentum going. 

• Like 1

Would still choose out.

Took him 16 games to find a team that can perform for 90 minutes. Plus he will still continue with his chop & change approach dependant on the opposition.

Hopefully last night can be a catalyst for the season to get going. But I just don’t Moore getting this team up automatically. 1 good performance can’t overshadow 5/6 bad ones.