Kamberi

Exactly what I expect of him and what I’ve seen of him a work horse who bully’s defenders I don’t know why we haven’t played him more 

other players massively benefit from the work he does even though it’s not always pretty 

I like him, great performance 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Cos the fact we had 4 wingers in, then signed Sow and he's played half a game. That tells me he's unbalanced the squad. 

And he's another pro to keep happy when he's not playing 

That’s not Sows fault, but your full quote was “Berahino and Sow are 2 that unbalance the squad imo and its too the detriment on Kamberi and Corbeanu who I think would offer more if given the same opportunities”. Sow hasn’t done anything to the detriment of Kameri or Corbeanu, because they’ve both been given more opportunity than Sow. As I said, I have no idea whether Sow is any good but you can’t say he’s had more opportunity than Kamberi or Corbeanu and you can’t really say he’s unbalanced the squad. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

That’s not Sows fault, but your full quote was “Berahino and Sow are 2 that unbalance the squad imo and its too the detriment on Kamberi and Corbeanu who I think would offer more if given the same opportunities”. Sow hasn’t done anything to the detriment of Kameri or Corbeanu, because they’ve both been given more opportunity than Sow. As I said, I have no idea whether Sow is any good but you can’t say he’s had more opportunity than Kamberi or Corbeanu and you can’t really say he’s unbalanced the squad. 

Opportunities no, but I can 100% say he has unbalanced the squad, cos that's what he has done. 

Berahino is more the one for opportunities, he's taken a spot that Kamberi or Corbeanu could have filled in 5 or 6 games now. 

Would rather the money was saved and used to a CDM as Luongo is made of glass 

• Haha 1

He seems to bring something to the team when he plays. I guess he can link up the midfield and the strikers better and hold up the ball, which makes us play better.

Wouldn’t be surprised if our win ratio was much higher with him in the team than when he’s out of it. He’s like Big Dave in that respect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

He seems to bring something to the team when he plays. I guess he can link up the midfield and the strikers better and hold up the ball, which makes us play better.

Wouldn’t be surprised if our win ratio was much higher with him in the team than when he’s out of it. He’s like Big Dave in that respect.

I think his biggest skill.. from what I've seen...is that he takes up different positions along the front line and moves defenders around.

He's elusive in the box as well so he's hard to pick up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I've never understood the criticisms of him... stuff like terrible touch and all the rest of it. He's not spectacular, his decision making needs work, but he's a hard worker who makes the sort of runs that stretches defences.

He offers something and creates a bit of space. Very good performance today.

Agreed. Always looked a good player for this level to me. Just needs consistency in the team. Can't keep chucking someone in for a game then removing them for 6.

I’ve not been impressed with Kamberi at all so far but last night he was excellent. Him and Gregory absolutely bullied the Sunderland back line and quite frankly I want to see much more of it. He also has a knack of getting on the end of stuff in the 6 yard box. 
Start him with Gregory again in the cup on Sunday and let’s see if it was a one off or not. Hopefully not!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

I have been a big critic of him recently his performance against Mansfield was horrific but tonight he was first class 

keep it up 

This 100%. Some people in here are talking nonsense! In most games he’s been awful, tonight he was fantastic!  Wish people would say it how it really is.

9 hours ago, kilbyj said:

An absolute bully. Involved in everything and some very neat touches. Unlucky not to get a brace.

Motm 

Should start alongside Gregory next game.

Great post. Exactly what I said he bullied there back line, harrased and fought and made some fantastic runs. He has some strength and power. See shouts of a partnership with Gregory.

• Like 1

Never understood why people said he wasn’t good, only last year he was starting for Rangers in the europa league knock out games and Gerrard wanted to sign him permanently but he chose to go back to Switzerland.  Hopefully him and Corbeanu will start more games from now onwards

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

But he never does that when he plays up front. 

It’s a bit different when up fron though isn’t it? When it’s you up against a CB as a striker there’s a certain type of movement required to get away and into those channels, plus you’re the furthest man forward so the focus of the defensive teams attention. Also if a ball into the channel isn’t perfect you’ve less chance of getting there as the CB will read it and already be one step ahead.

Whereas last night it was reliant on their LW/LB to track that run. As in he could choose his moments to go and support depending on whether the space was there to help out and overlap. I actually think Paterson is perfect in that role. Works his socks off, big and strong, but has an eye for attacking. Didn’t he start hus career there as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruscol85 said:

It’s a bit different when up fron though isn’t it? When it’s you up against a CB as a striker there’s a certain type of movement required to get away and into those channels, plus you’re the furthest man forward so the focus of the defensive teams attention. Also if a ball into the channel isn’t perfect you’ve less chance of getting there as the CB will read it and already be one step ahead.

Whereas last night it was reliant on their LW/LB to track that run. As in he could choose his moments to go and support depending on whether the space was there to help out and overlap. I actually think Paterson is perfect in that role. Works his socks off, big and strong, but has an eye for attacking. Didn’t he start hus career there as well?

Yeah it’s very different playing the 2 roles, I wasn’t having a go at Paterson in my original post, it’s just not his game to run in behind when playing up front, where as Kamberi’s first thought is to try and get in behind. This alone gives our midfielders a lot more options when under pressure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1