That's All We Ask For

On 02/11/2021 at 22:00, Mosborough-owl said:

Sunderland are like us, they want to play football. That’s why we won

Playing football means to me remembering why your there to entertain and score goals,create as many attacking chances as possible,as directly as possible,and not give away the ball to the opposition that’s playing football, not silly meaningless possession in your own half 

15 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Dunno.

I've read the post you've responded to here though, and I don't see the problem.

Bannan did 'plug the gaps' in the centre of the park really well, making more tackles than anyone else on the pitch, and more than he usually does as well.

Or do I also have an 'agenda' for pointing out that fact?

Are you bored? is it such a big event?

21 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Is HE bored?

He's been civil with you.

He's probably wondering why his thread is getting derailed by a nasty minded little troll like YOU.

What bit of a mind that you possess is like a sewer.

Now... it's no bother to me when you quote me because I ignore idiots like you as a matter of course... but I've got to reply because you've involved a poster I admire.

He's too well mannered to be as crude as you...but I'm not you thick berk.

Edited by Costello 77
  • Haha 1

Actually, that works perfectly as a response to your initial post in this thread...

15 hours ago, daleblue said:

Always someone with an agenda, can we not just enjoy the win rather than rimming.

26 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I don't want to labour the point, but all the post you responded to was doing was commenting on an aspect of our play on Tuesday evening.

But y'know...'AGENDA!!!!!!!' 

🥴

• Haha 1

On 02/11/2021 at 21:45, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Regardless of the quality on show, the opposition we face, or even the final result we achieve, the effort levels tonight are surely what all fans want to see in each and every game.

I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure how, but we suddenly looked like a team this evening: the closing down from the front was exemplary; we hunted the ball in packs all game; and we didn't give Sunderland a moment to settle into their stride.

No team will win every game, nor will they play attractive football each week. But if we see that work rate replicated in every game, then I for one will get behind it, and I reckon the vast majority will too.

Why haven't we played this way before now , baffling , it's as if Moore has read Owlstalk or something ☺️

On 02/11/2021 at 21:49, Lord Snooty said:

We also seems to have learned having lots of the  ball means nothing.

Screenshot_20211102-214656_Chrome.jpg.70f2de043c0f89c4b0acbecbd72f90f9.jpg

It's what you do with it

Sunderland did spend 50% of that possession between keeper and back 3 😂 I mean 2-0 and then 3-0 down and pxss balling around with it at the back - thought I was watching wednesday at times!

Edited by S25OWL

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Actually, that works perfectly as a response to your initial post in this thread...

I don't want to labour the point, but all the post you responded to was doing was commenting on an aspect of our play on Tuesday evening.

But y'know...'AGENDA!!!!!!!' 

🥴

Wow, dont do drugs kids, this is what happens.

15 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Since Carlos' 2nd season? 

It's been the case as long as I can remember. 

We beat or give good accounts against the 'stronger' or bigger teams. But if you're on a 12 game losing stream, sure as poo you'll beat us. 

The Wednesday way

Unfortunately this is very true. It's happened far too often to be a coincidence. 

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Is HE bored?

He's been civil with you.

He's probably wondering why his thread is getting derailed by a nasty minded little troll like YOU.

What bit of a mind that you possess is like a sewer.

Now... it's no bother to me when you quote me because I ignore idiots like you as a matter of course... but I've got to reply because you've involved a poster I admire.

He's too well mannered to be as crude as you...but I'm not you thick berk.

No need to be so eloquent, be more descriptive it helps.

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Playing football means to me remembering why your there to entertain and score goals,create as many attacking chances as possible,as directly as possible,and not give away the ball to the opposition that’s playing football, not silly meaningless possession in your own half 

I agree, but what I’m saying is, we seem to struggle against teams that don’t necessarily want to play as much football, but are happy to be physical and win second balls for 90min. Sunderland wasn’t that sort of team, they wanted to play out from the back, and just try to win the on ability rather than hard work. Like we seem to do 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I agree, but what I’m saying is, we seem to struggle against teams that don’t necessarily want to play as much football, but are happy to be physical and win second balls for 90min. Sunderland wasn’t that sort of team, they wanted to play out from the back, and just try to win the on ability rather than hard work. Like we seem to do 

Yes and they finished up where we do,when we try it.......

• Like 1