That's All We Ask For

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

We were organised, we pressed at the right times and we worked our knackers off all night. 

Best performance of the season by a mile. 

Credit to Moore and the players. That needs to be the standard now going forward. 

There is the platform to kick this season on. 

• Like 2

Just now, Costello 77 said:

The key to this was Bannan plugging the gaps to allow an attacking platform.

His teammates responded to the freedom in a big way.

We defended from the front to the back and made Sunderland look like the old us.

He's got to learn from this... he's got to!

Bannan was great in his disciplined role tonight, but the front two set the tone for me: they were relentless in their closing down.

• Like 4

Credit to all involved tonight. That’s more like it.

I do think the psychology of this game was perhaps easier than going to Cheltenham etc even if Sunderland are a better side. The David vs Goliath dynamic is an issue for us but it wasn’t that kind of game tonight and it brought out the best in us.

Now to do this every week at home and we will be right up there.

Guest DoesJackHunt

Great effort tonight! Much, much better! I thought they all played well an put a proper shift in. Our shape was much better (we actually had one) and our closing down was excellent. 

It was refreshing tonight, the effort was clear to see and kept the crowd onside, even  a few misplaced passes were let go because we could see they were on it. Id love to see it every week like that, if we do the results will keep coming,

The forward line were fantastic tonight, strong, busy and pressing and it really paid off.

• Like 5