Nuno sacked by Spurs

Mickjj

Nuno can shrug his shoulders, pocket a few million in compo, and get the next mid table premiership manager job.

No damage to his reputation, he never stood a chance there.

Conte won't care if it works out or not if he goes there..either the players step up for him or they don't. He's well capable of downing tools until he's sacked if he doesn't get the players he wants. 

5 hours ago, 0742 said:

I think Nuno will dust himself down and come good somewhere else, he seems a decent manager and from what i've heard he's considered a bit of a forward thinker so won't be long before a club snaps him up. I can see him doing well on the continent. 

Spurs however once again show their lack of class and i can't see Conte doing well with tight pockets Levy. 

Well connected with various agents as well- nuno will rock up somewhere half decent I am sure .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Whilst Nuno has been badly treated, I think he’s overrated. Couldn’t fail to get Wolves promoted, played pragmatic football for the first couple of premier league seasons, then was incapable of changing style to progress.

Seems a likeable guy, but I’m not convinced by him managerially.

To finish 7th twice in the PL with Wolves was decent, yes he seemed to have little other than the pragmatic style but it worked. It was unlikely to be sustainable and I won't be holding my breath to see anyone take Wolves to higher than that 2 seasons in a row.

In don't think he is in the same calibre of the top managers but I don't think most regard him as being in the very top either. It was obvious he wasn't Spurs' 3rd or 4th choice, never mind first choice and that put him on the back foot with the squad and the fans for a start. Having Kane sulking since the summer hasn't helped either. It wasn't the right job for him to take on, though it would have been too good to turn down. 

31 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To finish 7th twice in the PL with Wolves was decent, yes he seemed to have little other than the pragmatic style but it worked. It was unlikely to be sustainable and I won't be holding my breath to see anyone take Wolves to higher than that 2 seasons in a row.

In don't think he is in the same calibre of the top managers but I don't think most regard him as being in the very top either. It was obvious he wasn't Spurs' 3rd or 4th choice, never mind first choice and that put him on the back foot with the squad and the fans for a start. Having Kane sulking since the summer hasn't helped either. It wasn't the right job for him to take on, though it would have been too good to turn down. 

Sure his £10million pay off will help. 

He'd be good for a team like Newcastle or Southampton but a club like Spurs who think they are top 4/6 and want to play a certain way most certainly were never a good fit for him

As I said I expect Conte to finish about 6th with them, then p1ss off everyone with his negative approach and leave by downing tools 

Tottenham are set to pay Nuno Espirito Santo a severance package worth £14m - but a clause in the Portuguese coach's contract would have allowed Spurs to sack him for free at the end of the season if they had failed to finish in the top six of the Premier League. (Sun)

Antonio Conte is set to sign a £20m contract as Tottenham manager, with Spurs' players ready for the former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss, 52, to take training on Tuesday.(Telegraph - subscription required)

Conte has asked Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy for a transfer budget of about £237m to buy six Serie A-based players he has identified. (Calciomercato, via Express)

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

When you read reports of £14m pay offs for 4 months work you wonder where it will all end.

What a result for Nuno.

I'd be heading back to Portugal, get myself a nice villa and spend my days sunbathing and slicing golf balls for the rest of my life with that pay off.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Somethings not quite adding up for me with Spurs. 

Paying for Conte,

not selling Kane,

paying off Nuno,

still paying off the stadium,

lost money like everyone else in the pandemic, 

conte will want better players 

How are they balancing the books 

They do get ridiculous amounts from the PL tv rights, have a 62,000 capacity stadium with the most expensive tickets in the country and have NFL income as well.

Their annual income is over £400M & they spent nothing comparatively on transfers this year.

Maybe they will bite the bullet and sell Kane to give Conte some cash. 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They do get ridiculous amounts from the PL tv rights, have a 62,000 capacity stadium with the most expensive tickets in the country and have NFL income as well.

Their annual income is over £400M & they spent nothing comparatively on transfers this year.

Maybe they will bite the bullet and sell Kane to give Conte some cash. 

What sort of money do those NFL bring in?

I don’t understand how Conte didn’t go there in summer, today they’re in a much worse position, why go now?

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What sort of money do those NFL bring in?

I don’t understand how Conte didn’t go there in summer, today they’re in a much worse position, why go now?

Maybe Levy has decided to give him more money and a bigger budget.

Maybe Conte is bored of being out of work and can't see much else on the horizon.

It seems spurs get a rental fee from the NFL, plus profits from catering and merchandise at the games, which is a fair amount - https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/spurs-nfl-money-stadium-levy-17079463

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe Levy has decided to give him more money and a bigger budget.

Maybe Conte is bored of being out of work and can't see much else on the horizon.

It seems spurs get a rental fee from the NFL, plus profits from catering and merchandise at the games, which is a fair amount - https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/spurs-nfl-money-stadium-levy-17079463

Surely Conte can see Man U on the horizon. I think you’re right Levy will have broken the bank.

We need one of these gridiron teams at Hillsborough lol 

12 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Surely Conte can see Man U on the horizon. I think you’re right Levy will have broken the bank.

We need one of these gridiron teams at Hillsborough lol 

Maybe he has been holding out for the Man U job but the signs he is getting from within the game suggest it isn't going to happen? If Man Utd do give Ole the boot in the next month or so Conte will be gutted!

1 minute ago, Mickjj said:

Can they play centre half??? 

Please don’t give Mr Moore ideas

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe he has been holding out for the Man U job but the signs he is getting from within the game suggest it isn't going to happen? If Man Utd do give Ole the boot in the next month or so Conte will be gutted!

Man U = mental, there are some good managers out there for the taking