Sylla Sow

Our past history suggests we sign players who never get proper game time. It’s criminal when we’re operating on a tight budget and it’s important we get our player recruitment right. Is Paxo still involved with recruiting players ?  Are all our previous managers inept ? Is the chairman and his son still  involved in transfers ? 

We continue to sign bog standard players who pick up a wage and don’t even break sweat. When you sign a lot of players I guess you’ll get the odd one or two who underperform, but we seem to attract the ones who couldn’t handle the Meadowhall league.

• Like 2

Regrettably some of these signings are the best we could get under the circumstances. Apart from the odd hidden gem we arnt going to be signing really good players for nowt. 

If they were any good they would demand some sort of fee. 

Have we actually paid any money for the 14 or so players we signed or did they come off the football scrap heap. 

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

doesn't that say something in itself?

Not really no Ellis - the Manager is picking wingers as CBs so let's not get all judgmental on a kid who has played about 90 minutes of competitive football. He keeps picking Shodhipo who has been very ineffectual not to mention putting Paterson in as a WB. So I will reserve my judgement until he has been given a fair crack of the whip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think you have to look at where some of these signings have been playing before they came to us. A good many of them won’t have played regularly in front of 20,000 at Hillsborough or the massive away followings that we get…consequently, a few of them can’t perform well because they’ve cacked their pants and ‘frozen’ . Unfortunately, not so any of the opposition we’ve played who always seem up for a battle wherever we play. 
And….on another note. Why do we think Jack Hunt was pulled at half time at Cheltenham? Was it an injury? Tactical switch🤣🤣🤣? Or something he said in the dressing room? Just wondering like…

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He's only started 1 league game and was substituted after 60 mins. He's come on once off the bench for another 20 mins.

I don't know how people can decide that such as Sow and Corbeanu are rubbish based on so little game time.

They need a few games under their belt before writing them off.

Saying that I’ve seen very little to suggest he won’t amount to anything useful is hardly writing him off

Just saying that I’ve seen very little to suggest that he’ll amount to anything useful

Doesn’t mean he won’t. 

And I do think 60mins is long enough to show some level of potential 

30 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Not really no Ellis - the Manager is picking wingers as CBs so let's not get all judgmental on a kid who has played about 90 minutes of competitive football. He keeps picking Shodhipo who has been very ineffectual not to mention putting Paterson in as a WB. So I will reserve my judgement until he has been given a fair crack of the whip

They do train together so if he was actually good he would be dominating. I sense a stinker

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Saying that I’ve seen very little to suggest he won’t amount to anything useful is hardly writing him off

Just saying that I’ve seen very little to suggest that he’ll amount to anything useful

Doesn’t mean he won’t. 

And I do think 60mins is long enough to show some level of potential 

In a team that's playing flowing football maybe, but not in one where the formation changes 3 times every game and players don't know their role 

I actually think a good manager and coaching team would get a tune out of Sow, yes he does seem a bit raw, but that's the type of player we should be signing, ones that we can develop. 

Sow looked pretty decent against Newcastle, albeit they're a poor opposition, but it shows he can actually play and just needs coaching up to the right level.

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

In a team that's playing flowing football maybe, but not in one where the formation changes 3 times every game and players don't know their role 

I actually think a good manager and coaching team would get a tune out of Sow, yes he does seem a bit raw, but that's the type of player we should be signing, ones that we can develop. 

Sow looked pretty decent against Newcastle, albeit they're a poor opposition, but it shows he can actually play and just needs coaching up to the right level.

With you on this one. Looks like he'd got an hammer of a right foot and a bit of pace and kept getting his sen int box which our other wingers don't seem to do...... Oh hang on that's because they're either ont bench or defending. Give the kid a chance, he's only been int country 4 months

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I don't sense owt I'm afraid with Moore, he has shown that round pegs in square holes is his mantra

Well that’s a fair point but if Moore is that bad that he can’t see one of the better players in the team is only worth 1 game in a meaningless trophy then he should never have a management job again

• Haha 1