In other news - how many people knew THIS place existed?

@owlstalk

15 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You have to have your mind floating above you... but to be fair, see if the new cine complex once its built will attract more people.  

Hate to say it but the only people the town attracts now are the unemployed and the very low paid.  If anyone is dressed in anything other than Primark people look at them in wonderment.

Very depressing.  Not that's its ever been a decent shopping centre always lagged behind Sheffield and Donny.

Its a shame as there some fantastic buildings all over the town if they spruced up the facades then it would bring out the true beauty of the buildings. 

You do, it'll send you South if you get caught in the mind between your lugs.

@owlstalk great work on that channel. There's some great nooks and crannies dotted about.

We were at that park in Oughtibridge recently - its immaculate! 

• Love 1

It’s Sheffield’s own version of ‘The Shambles’ in York. I love cities with there layers of history evident in their architecture. City centres are changing their purpose and architectural gems like this one might have a chance to come back into use. 
I have enjoyed reading this thread much more than the football, ones that’s for sure!

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

You do, it'll send you South if you get caught in the mind between your lugs.

@owlstalk great work on that channel. There's some great nooks and crannies dotted about.

We were at that park in Oughtibridge recently - its immaculate! 

Drugs not kicked in yet?

17 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

And a BJ from a girl I met at Republic called Louise, remember her well, Christ I should have married her!

If you reckon anyone sucking çøçk down a ******** reeking alley is marriage material, you have very low standards. Welcome to a forum for SWFC supporters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That walk around Rotherham is interesting. May be worth a visit next time I'm up that way. I worked in an office in Rotherham town centre for 2 years from November 1973 (daily commute from Sheffield) but I've absolutely no memory of any of the streets or old buildings featured. Selective amnesia? or was Rotherham such a 'sh...... you know what'  hole 50 years ago that I never ventured out of the office.

18 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

Is this part of the merging of all threads plan?

Suprised the Owls Talk Police haven't commented by now regarding this topic being posted in the matchday thread.

The gestapo aren't usually this slow mate.

ps What a lovely part of this country Cheltenham is, really enjoyed the architecture and surrounding countryside, such a pleasant place.lol

• Haha 1

Are we Sheffielders prize idiots ?

Windsor; Dunrobin; Edinburgh and Peveril. Some fine castles all overlooking some vast and beautiful expanses of Land.

What on earth were our 16th &17th century 'City Fathers' doing building a Castle on such a low elevation ? One would have thought that a redevelopment of the old Roman Ridge fortress would have taken place. Even then the panorama would not have expanded much beyond East to South West. 

Sheffield Uni Archaeology department are on the cusp of closing down with what manpower that remains hurrying to complete the work before rag tag developers move in with yet another crackpot plan that offers zero consultation. 

Difficult to uncover the 'plan' but one has to be sceptical given the recent History of our Old Town Hall, which has been a disgraceful picture of ruin and dilapidation. Long gone now but no one gave a chuff that one of the UK's Top coaching houses, that like the Old Town Hall, which surrounded the Castle site; The Tontine made way for what pray tell !

When it comes to planning in Sheffield it is handled with all the delicacy of a patchwork quilt. Every square of different size; Colours and design that clash like poison. Cycle and pedestrian areas that are a hostile environment for the missing visitors that leaves our centre bereft of curious sightseers.

When it comes to housing it would appear that our planners have designs on a City of one and two bed flats joined together in a multiplicity of medium and higher rise blocks; The latest of which is a 23 story building given planning permission on Farm Road S2.