Time no guarantee

Guest Grandad

55 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

When I first started watching Wednesday, Len Ashurst was the manager, the football was terrible but we were stuck with him for the full term; 3 seasons I think it was?

In those days the fans voted with there feet and didn't turn up, for some reason that doesn't happen these days🤔

That's because of the ridiculous ticketing system at Hillsborough which more or less forces everyone to buy season tickets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m normally the last one to call for a manager to be sacked

And I would be more than happy to give the manager time if I could see what what was being implemented 

The worry for me is that after a third of the season gone he doesn’t seem to know what formation he wants to play never mind what his best team is. Everything seem very much seat of yer pants stuff. Very chaotic

Just now, Basement Jack said:

I’m normally the last one to call for a manager to be sacked

And I would be more than happy to give the manager time if I could see what what was being implemented 

The worry for me is that after a third of the season gone he doesn’t seem to know what formation he wants to play never mind what his best team is. Everything seem very much seat of yer pants stuff. Very chaotic

This is 100% my stance too
I always back the manager - to the point I get abuse or ridicule for it

But like you I can't see anything in our team

I don't know the best formation, the best starting 11, the tactics, how we are supposed to be playing

Then there's players out of position, a different starting lineup every week, bizarre substitutions

And then to really make things worse Darren Moore will do a post match interview where he's salivating over how great we are and how there's not really any problems

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
43 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Anyway I thought you didn’t care anymore.

Doesn't mean I can't still discuss it.

Or even go.

It’s a vicious circle, chopping and changing manager every few months brings nothing but instability and failure. When has it ever worked for us but to only temporarily hold off the inevitable slide in form and then the calls for a change in manager. Repeat.

DC has invested incredibly badly and we’re a long way from ever getting it right under his stewardship. As others have posted, it doesn’t matter who the manager is, a change will only ever bring a short term uplift in form.

Guest Grandad
23 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think the trust should start up some dialog with him. Start off with some quick wins, like pre-match food,  match-day parking, then boom, 'how long is your boss going to give DM?'

The Trust arent even allowed to talk to the other members of the Engagememt Committee..

People like Wednesdayite and the Wednesday Sing voted to kick them off

A simple one for me.

Did Moore sign off on the forward player recruitment knowing that we would have no pace up front .  If so, not only would I sack him,  I would arrest him. 

assuming he did not sign that off, given any football manager with any brain would not have done so, then he needs time to either get that player or get Windass back fit and in the team . 

19 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

A simple one for me.

Did Moore sign off on the forward player recruitment knowing that we would have no pace up front .  If so, not only would I sack him,  I would arrest him. 

assuming he did not sign that off, given any football manager with any brain would not have done so, then he needs time to either get that player or get Windass back fit and in the team . 

Windass is not a central striker. 

We have attackers with pace, Moore played 2 of them at wing-back yesterday. 

I always give managers more time than they warrant; I still believe Monk would have kept us up...but personally my patience is running a little low. 

It's not even the draws against "lesser" teams (who we have no divine right to beat and are more experienced in lower league football than we) its the performances, line ups and tactics.

If we were drawing games and playing well I think they'd be a lot more patience for Moore I really do but the only consistency is his inconsistency over the team and how he is setting them up to play.

What's the answer? I don't know, but these draws/last minute goals conceded/not coming from behind to win are becoming a millstone round his and this clubs neck.

We are still, just, in touching distance of play offs but we need 3 or 4 wins in a row, not draws...and time for that to happen is more pressing than ever.

But we can't be completely adrift by the time windass and luongo are back and at full fitness.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Windass is not a central striker. 

We have attackers with pace, Moore played 2 of them at wing-back yesterday. 

Windass will play centre forward when back , I have no doubt about it. He is the only shot we have of getting up the pitch in our current shape and system as defenders won’t push us up the pitch as readily .

it’s not ideal but we don’t have another option.

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Windass will play centre forward when back , I have no doubt about it. He is the only shot we have of getting up the pitch in our current shape and system as defenders won’t push us up the pitch as readily .

it’s not ideal but we don’t have another option.

The shape and system that suits hardly anyone - that's the real problem. 

3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

The three previous Experienced managers ,2 with promotion's on their CV's,  have ALL stated that it will take at least 3 transfer windows to begin the change at Wednesday, so on that I would say at least 18 month's.

yes but that was based on having multiple players still at the Club on long contracts,the mass exodus at the end of last season,took the sting out of that

6 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Our current shape and system is to accommodate Gregory.

This does indeed seem to be the case. Our entire set up is geared around getting the ‘best’ out of a 33 year old striker who has scored a whopping 15 goals in the past 3 years! It’s absolutely crazy. And it isn’t even working. 
We’ve messed about with every single position on the pitch but haven’t even really tried dropping Gregory and playing something different up front. 
Even 442 with Paterson and Corbeanu up top would be a worth a look. Surely no more crazy than Johnson at CB anyway. 

He gets time if you can see what he's trying to actually do.

Sometimes it can take a bit of time for things to come together and you are say a bit unlucky.

That's not the case here. If anything, we are lucky to have the points we do. We haven't played well for an entire half, let alone 90 minutes.

The longer D Moore sticks about, the more disjointed a mess we will become. He has absolutely no idea how to set this team up properly. He needs to go.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, bronxowl said:

This 100%

Time is running out, leave it another 5 games and it will be too late

I don't get why people thought we were going to get promoted this season. Even for a so called successful manager, the turn over off staff and a chairman who is clueless at running at football club means it was highly likely most managers would need more than one season to get out of this league. DM sadly mirrors the characteristics of our chairman eg has no plan and makes up as he goes along.

Edited by Big Jack