The Blair Family

Quite fitting that Andy Blair’s son Matty scored for both sides today with his dad watching from the stand. Some on here will I’m sure recall that his brother Ross a keen Wednesdayite tragically lost his battle with cancer in 2017. RIP

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/facing-sheffield-wednesday-emotional-occasion-6134226.amp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Hoofit said:

Quite fitting that Andy Blair’s son Matty scored for both sides today with his dad watching from the stand. Some on here will I’m sure recall that his brother Ross a keen Wednesdayite tragically lost his battle with cancer in 2017. RIP

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/facing-sheffield-wednesday-emotional-occasion-6134226.amp

Lovely feature on him.  He was on our Nuneaton / East Midlands Owls coach for the Hull play off final. They’re both very good friends of the Barr family in Nuneaton  Circled Matty and Ross (in the hat on the right) in this photo.  Both such lovely lads and we had a cracking coach trip despite the result. .  

E9DEEE1E-F025-40DF-829E-6C3BA2C7B956.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Wow I had no idea about this!

What a story for him today, real Roy of the Rovers stuff.

But so sad about his brother, 32, so sad. 

Deserves a beer or 5 tonight that's for sure. 

After feeling gutted re the late goal going in it made it slightly more palatable the poignancy of who scored got them. Ps. Ross would have been more livid than anyone that we conceded but in equal measures he’d have been so happy for Matty.