Could the salary structure be the problem?

Different Players from a variety of sources,some who have been here for 5 or more Years,others on loan from Championship & PL Clubs....at least in my view probably 2 Millionaires still here...All presumably on different money....

Have some got the 'hump' like a certain player once did until he allegedly got a pay rise?

Is it causing bad feeling?

They must be getting paid or we would be hammered again by the EFL...

Has to be something.....how many managers is this struggling with the same issue?

Thoughts??

• Like 2

I'm starting to think he's lost the dressing room.

Could it be pay issues again? I don't think DC would be that stupid again.

Pay structure, I was listening to Jack Wiltshire in the week, on talksport (I know😬, but it keeps me company on my commute), however he confirmed with Darren Bent, that players rarely disclose there pay with each other.

However it's clear there are pay gaps (large) between some of our players. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, smhouston said:

I think it's more the bonkers tactics every game and the constant changing the squad EVERY game that'd be impacting them more

That's my thinking, as fans we can be quite reactionary. However you can't tell me, some of the players arnt going wtf is this.

3 minutes ago, smhouston said:

I think it's more the bonkers tactics every game and the constant changing the squad EVERY game that'd be impacting them more

Oh its defiantly that 100% as well,but the same lacksadsical couldn't care less predates him,and most of the players,yet it is resurfacing again

Has to be something else as well.....

The players on less need to play better to earn more here or elsewhere, that's theirs and their agent's job. That's not the issue at S6. It's the manager that's the issue (or one of them).

Player salaries are subjected to NDAs from both sides as far as I understand but they're often shared informally in the dressing room and when agents are touting their players about. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
43 minutes ago, parajack said:

Different Players from a variety of sources,some who have been here for 5 or more Years,others on loan from Championship & PL Clubs....at least in my view probably 2 Millionaires still here...All presumably on different money....

Have some got the 'hump' like a certain player once did until he allegedly got a pay rise?

Has to be something.....how many managers is this struggling with the same issue?

Thoughts??

Feels like something might be going on, The first half was that bad today it did make me wonder if there are some problems internally again. It could just be as simple as DM’s lost the dressing room. Wouldn’t be a surprised if that’s it, based on our performances and his selections and tactics.

It’s hard to say if it’s due to salary differences because I don’t know who’s earning what or what their individuals characters are like. Wouldn’t rule it out though. 
Just hope it’s not Chansiri struggling to pay the players again. 

46 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm starting to think he's lost the dressing room.

Could it be pay issues again? I don't think DC would be that stupid again.

Pay structure, I was listening to Jack Wiltshire in the week, on talksport (I know😬, but it keeps me company on my commute), however he confirmed with Darren Bent, that players rarely disclose there pay with each other.

However it's clear there are pay gaps (large) between some of our players. 

Of course there are big pay gaps, are in most companies.  He brought in too many players at the outset imo - everyone bare couple must think they're always on the fringe. Not good for team spirit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Thoughts??

Most players wouldn't be bothered about pay differentials - they signed up and they all have agents to negotiate for them, and no-one forces them to come (I speak from business experience).  Footballers are a breed apart, but I'm sure everyone is getting paid - the problem goes to another place.  But we have only lost 3 games this season, so It's not like we're getting hammered.  Would seriously like to know DC's thoughts...

It's the frequent changes, and constant inconsistency in the performances. 

Yes you'd expect it whilst the new players are bedding into the club however how are they supposed to build confidence in playing with each other when we don't have a settled 11? 

If the manager doesn't know the best 11 having done due dilligence for his own recruitment, it smacks that he's assembled a team he doesn't know how to organise. 

It's baffling that we have what 'we' as fans consider to be a reasonably creative team, but create very little, certainly not enough to win a game at present. 

I don't buy the crap that's turned out regarding the psychology of the team not being right and bringing someone in to address it. If the manager is close to the players and has anything about him, surely he must know what makes them tick and how to get them performing. 

It needs someone else who is capable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

You’re over complicating it. 

The manager simply isn’t good enough

Ime not looking for deep thought,i have acknowledged i agree,indeed i got pelters as one of the first last season to Q Moores team selections & tactics....

I am not referring to results but to the manner and same old same old we keep seeing again and again,under what?

GM,Jos,TP, & now DM.....even we cant blame DM for players standing like statues,not closing down second balls,and an appearance of a lack of urgency....

• Like 1