Mr. Chansiri

Guest mrbluesky

4 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

How long can we use the same stick to beat Chansiri with though? His management of the club has been poor but there are signs that he’s started to learn (outsourced the kit manufacturing, lower ticket prices, primarily recruited from the British market etc).

Darren Moore may well have been influential in the players extending their contract but his influence is worth zero unless Chansiri agrees to fund the contracts. I imagine all will be on decent money so it would have been the easiest decision in the world for Chansiri to look for cheaper options.

We can keep beating him with the same stick until he comes good on his initial promises. So far he in an absolute failure of a Chairman and owner. We now have more debt than before he took over, one less stadium and are in a league lower. Smell the coffee FFS will you!

He's not started to learn at all, more like 1. Elev8 where producing kits at a loss so he's has to abandon that venture 2. He's reduced ticket prices because previously they were hideously over-priced, and still are for many matches even after the reduction and 3. he's had to recruit from the British market due to the fact we have no international scouting network, can't afford to have one and couldn't attract decent recruits even if we did. 

As for players re-signing, if Moore is the influence/reason, without him DC wouldn't have had to agree to funding the contracts. The fact he has is because he knowshe cannot get better. If it was down to DC to influence the players to stay, they'd have most likely walked.

4 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

We can keep beating him with the same stick until he comes good on his initial promises. So far he in an absolute failure of a Chairman and owner. We now have more debt than before he took over, one less stadium and are in a league lower. Smell the coffee FFS will you!

He's not started to learn at all, more like 1. Elev8 where producing kits at a loss so he's has to abandon that venture 2. He's reduced ticket prices because previously they were hideously over-priced, and still are for many matches even after the reduction and 3. he's had to recruit from the British market due to the fact we have no international scouting network, can't afford to have one and couldn't attract decent recruits even if we did. 

As for players re-signing, if Moore is the influence/reason, without him DC wouldn't have had to agree to funding the contracts. The fact he has is because he knowshe cannot get better. If it was down to DC to influence the players to stay, they'd have most likely walked.

You are contradicting yourselves by stating he’s not learning but then make a couple of good points about how he has learnt. Elev8 not making enough cash so he’s doing something that could make us cash. Then you talk about him reducing ticket prices because they were too high. Both pretty good examples of him trying to do something different because what was in place wasn’t working?

As regards who influenced the players to re-sign. I’m sure DCs cash played quite a bit part, probably more so than Moore. 

Focussing, and being transfixed, on what has happened in the past isn’t productive. Sometimes, it’s best to give some credit where it’s due. Making poor decisions in the past doesn’t mean every subsequent decisions he has made is poor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

You are contradicting yourselves by stating he’s not learning but then make a couple of good points about how he has learnt. Elev8 not making enough cash so he’s doing something that could make us cash. Then you talk about him reducing ticket prices because they were too high. Both pretty good examples of him trying to do something different because what was in place wasn’t working?

As regards who influenced the players to re-sign. I’m sure DCs cash played quite a bit part, probably more so than Moore. 

Focussing, and being transfixed, on what has happened in the past isn’t productive. Sometimes, it’s best to give some credit where it’s due. Making poor decisions in the past doesn’t mean every subsequent decisions he has made is poor. 

I'm not contradicting myself at all. He's been forced to make these decisions, rather than learning by his mistakes and making positive changes. Elev8 would have brought us more income in the long run if he'd done it right. He didn't. As per, it was a disaster. He had no choice but to change. The same goes for the ticket prices. He got the whole thing wrong, and never understood the demographic of the fans. It's a forced change, not an educated paradigm shift. 

DC's cash played no part in any of our players signing. If cash was king, they'd have left for more money and be playing in a higher league. Just think about what you've just typed. Iorfa, Windass and Bannan could easily have left and gone to play in the Championship, with the likelihood of being on more money. Money isn't the be all and end all of a footballers brain. Some players actually want to play. I would wager these 3 fit that category. They likely felt comfortable with what Moore was planning, and were happy to play a part in that. DC played zero part of their decision making process, and simply agreed to the contract. I very much doubt DC was even involved until the financial aspect of the contracts were approached. 

Sorry, your argument is falling flatter each time you respond. 

• Haha 2

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Django said:

We all hoped we’d have a good chef. In fact most were buzzing when he rocked up at the checkout in July with these ingredients. Oh how we were going to have the feast of kings we laughed. Ha ha ha 

Too many chef’s spoil…

Guest mrbluesky

For the ones still not grasping this thread…

Ignore who’s in charge or will be, whilst DC is here

Ignore the players at the club or in the future , whilst DC is here

Focus on Mr. Chansiri, this and this alone, look at his time at the club,  look really hard at all the positives and the negatives.

THE PENNY HAS TO DROP AT SOME POINT.

2 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

While ever this man owns us, it will be abject failure, manager after manager, player after player, it won’t end.

Moore and his merry men are the latest fall guys/victims.

It’s a now deep rooted culture that lies within this once great club, it’s rotten to its very core!!

Look at the mess this owner has caused under his leadership.

Did you always think like this Mr BS? I'm seriously interested. Didn't you once think that DC was the answer to all our problems? Didn't you once castigate anyone who had the audacity to question D'C's credentials?

15 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'm not contradicting myself at all. He's been forced to make these decisions, rather than learning by his mistakes and making positive changes. Elev8 would have brought us more income in the long run if he'd done it right. He didn't. As per, it was a disaster. He had no choice but to change. The same goes for the ticket prices. He got the whole thing wrong, and never understood the demographic of the fans. It's a forced change, not an educated paradigm shift. 

DC's cash played no part in any of our players signing. If cash was king, they'd have left for more money and be playing in a higher league. Just think about what you've just typed. Iorfa, Windass and Bannan could easily have left and gone to play in the Championship, with the likelihood of being on more money. Money isn't the be all and end all of a footballers brain. Some players actually want to play. I would wager these 3 fit that category. They likely felt comfortable with what Moore was planning, and were happy to play a part in that. DC played zero part of their decision making process, and simply agreed to the contract. I very much doubt DC was even involved until the financial aspect of the contracts were approached. 

Sorry, your argument is falling flatter each time you respond. 

I think you need to reflect on what you are writing. Whether DC has been ‘forced’ to take these decisions (and neither of us know his rationale behind the decisions) can’t you see that he has therefore done something that is of benefit to the club. It’s a positive outcome? 

You are basing a lot of your comments on a load of factually unknown statements (I.e. DC was ‘forced’, players ‘could have left for more money, Elev8 ‘would have brought us more money’). Total speculation of your behalf. My fundamental points are all based on fact or educated assumption, namely that DC can’t be blamed for how we have started THIS season given the level of backing he has provided the manager. As for the educated assumption, that would be around the size of our budget which I assume to be one of the biggest in the league. 

As regards ‘my argument’ falling flat. I think you will find that we just happen to have a difference of opinion. In this case, mine is correct and yours isn’t 😂

Guest mrbluesky
7 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Did you always think like this Mr BS? I'm seriously interested. Didn't you once think that DC was the answer to all our problems? Didn't you once castigate anyone who had the audacity to question D'C's credentials?

Of course I didn’t 

Our money problems, yes

Your last question is a no, and if I did, I was wrong to lol

Chansiri can certainly be blamed for our relegation and the gradual slide which culminated in going back down to the Pub League since the Huddersfield play off defeat. Embargo’s, points deductions, handing out ridiculous contracts and wages, not paying players on time - that can all be placed at his door.

However, this season we have a semi clean slate. We have signed 14 players who are among the cream of the crop in the division. He has backed his manager and most of the high earners and those just running down expensive contracts going through the motions have left the club. 

I don’t think we can point the finger at him for current performances. This is on the manager. The weak mentality may well be a product of the Chansiri ownership. But this is up to the manager to instil some belief and organisation in the players. He’s not doing that despite being well backed and given seemingly full control of recruitment. 

There are plenty of examples of clubs who are terribly managed with poor owners who have done well despite adversity behind the scenes. Hull a classic example last season. Bounced straight back with little fuss. 

Moore needs to turn these draws into wins sharpish. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

For the ones still not grasping this thread…

Ignore who’s in charge or will be, whilst DC is here

Ignore the players at the club or in the future , whilst DC is here

Focus on Mr. Chansiri, this and this alone, look at his time at the club,  look really hard at all the positives and the negatives.

THE PENNY HAS TO DROP AT SOME POINT.

Been going since Burtenshaw  era ,Mates went today one is 70, Told him i will not spend another penny at the club till he has gone CHANSIRI  the owner and root of our problem .

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

It’s beyond me why we’re blaming the chairman here,   He’s not the first and won’t be the last who’s chosen the wrong manager 

He’s done nothing but back Darren Moore and give him a squad that SHOULD be achieving far more in this league,  our terrible form and current non existent prospects of promotion are down to Darren Moore and Darren Moore alone 

How many of his appointments have been failures? Jos, Monk, Pulis, Moore. The bloke is totally incompetent at finding a manager to take the club forward. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I think you need to reflect on what you are writing. Whether DC has been ‘forced’ to take these decisions (and neither of us know his rationale behind the decisions) can’t you see that he has therefore done something that is of benefit to the club. It’s a positive outcome? 

You are basing a lot of your comments on a load of factually unknown statements (I.e. DC was ‘forced’, players ‘could have left for more money, Elev8 ‘would have brought us more money’). Total speculation of your behalf. My fundamental points are all based on fact or educated assumption, namely that DC can’t be blamed for how we have started THIS season given the level of backing he has provided the manager. As for the educated assumption, that would be around the size of our budget which I assume to be one of the biggest in the league. 

As regards ‘my argument’ falling flat. I think you will find that we just happen to have a difference of opinion. In this case, mine is correct and yours isn’t 😂

Actually, I am basing my comments on conversations I've had with various people from within the sport and the club. It's rare you will find me saying I am ITK, but I am to a lesser extent. I'll never divulge information I've heard regarding players signing, as that could harm the contract negotiations. 

I never said DC was forced to sign players, but trust me, the 3 players I mentioned could have left for more money if they pursued enquiries. None of them were interested. I also have it on good authority that Elev8 were making a loss. It appears this may have been deliberate, according to someone not associated with the club, but I only have their word for this. However, they have not been wrong so far. This person knows Moore very well, and knows me equally as well, as we are neighbours. Nothing I have said to you is speculation on my part. 

Even if they were just mere speculations, like you, they would be based on educated assumptions, not on hearsay, Twitter posts or what is said on here. Look back through any of my posts and you will see I do not spout drivel or make up wild allegations. 

At the end of the day, DC is in charge and the buck stops with him. You will find many people liking my comments on our debate and few agreeing with you. That's not to say I am right and you are wrong, or that I have people on here who back me up at random, but I think you will find the majority of fans will be in my corner.

We do have different opinions, and that's totally fine with me. At the end of the day it's obvious you are as passionate as I am about our club and that's all that really matters. People will always disagree on the finer points of a debate, but when all is said and done, WAWAW. We just want the best for our club. 

I'd happily continue our conversation over a pint or three. It's your round btw lol

Dud Moore is merely a symptom, the root cause of our difficulties is our so called owner.

The buck stops with Chansiri for his total and utter failure as owner of this club. I for one will not spend a skerrick at S6 whilst that man is in charge. Even if he does the right thing and bins off Dud Moore then I have zero confidence that he would pick a competent or capable successor. We could have a management team consisting of Sir Alex Ferguson assisted by Jurgen Klopp and Jose Mourinho and we would still be awful. Its down to the owner to put the conditions into place to allow a club to prosper and that just isnt happening. I suspect that an owner whos first language was English would have listened to Moore speaking and seen straight though him after about 5 minutes of his waffle. Dunno how many times its been said on here but first and foremost we are screaming out for a Chief Executive with a proven track record in English football but the stubborn gold elephant botherer refuses to do the right thing and employ one.

Until DC either runs out of dosh or radically alters his approach to SWFC then is will be one shizzshow after another unfortunately.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

You know its bad, when you start wondering if it would be kindest to put SWFC out of its misery and pull the plug on the whole operation.

It's become the big dark cloud that follows me around bloody everywhere, ruining my day, even on bloody non-match days.

Gior it’ll all sort itself out ✊

5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

How many of his appointments have been failures? Jos, Monk, Pulis, Moore. The bloke is totally incompetent at finding a manager to take the club forward. 

How many of those appointments were the fans initially over the moon with? 

People were crying out for a proven English manager who knew the league and he's recruited three of them.

Monk had us 3rd before we imploded, Pulis took us for a ride and Moore looked like he was the real deal.

My point is, the majority were thrilled when we announced these people. It's only when things go wrong do they suddenly become bad decisions.