lest we forget

Guest The Claw

My great granddad fought in ww1, my grandad fought in ww2 and Korea, my dad fought in the falklands and I did Iraq and Afghanistan. I saw some crazy stuff but can’t even imagine what ww1 and 2 was like, them guys was pure heroes!!! Lest we forget ❤️

• Love 5

11 minutes ago, mic888 said:

My great granddad fought in ww1, my grandad fought in ww2 and Korea, my dad fought in the falklands and I did Iraq and Afghanistan. I saw some crazy stuff but can’t even imagine what ww1 and 2 was like, them guys was pure heroes!!! Lest we forget ❤️

Respect mate

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, mic888 said:

Agree - have done 25 years - seen the genocide of Bosnia, Kosovo and Macedonia, five tours of Afghan and the initial war-fighting phase of Iraq plus another tour after. Hairy times with a couple of very close calls personally, along with two close mates KIA. Different times - each generation giving their todays and doing their bit in the most horrific environments and context.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Agree - have done 25 years - seen the genocide of Bosnia, Kosovo and Macedonia, five tours of Afghan and the initial war-fighting phase of Iraq plus another tour after. Hairy times with a couple of very close calls personally, along with two close mates KIA. Different times - each generation giving their todays and doing their bit in the most horrific environments and context.

It’s a different world ain’t it mate, some people don’t realise how lucky they are to not see the carnage of war, I bet Bosnia was a eye opener. Them Serbs was heartless definitely on par with the nazis! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Thank you for your service . 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, mic888 said:

It’s a different world ain’t it mate, some people don’t realise how lucky they are to not see the carnage of war, I bet Bosnia was a eye opener. Them Serbs was heartless definitely on par with the nazis! 

Still have the images of men, women and children garroted to trees with barbed wire in my mind. The basement of the police station at Lipjan where the Serbs had piled up the clothes, passports, shoes, glasses etc from the populous they had cleansed. The field in Kachanik where they over 40,000 victims had been hastily buried and the river besides where mutilated bodies passed every 5 seconds or so. All this within a day of being over the border! Kosovo in particular stands out - somewhere you would fly over to go on holiday in Greece or Turkey and another place where the horrors are rapidly drifting into the obscurity of history.

8 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Thank you for your service . 

You are all welcome - thank you all for your support. If it wasn't for this we would not exist. For the record, people in the services understand that civilian life is no easy ride and in certain respects we are privileged and protected by our employment.  

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Still have the images of men, women and children garroted to trees with barbed wire in my mind. The basement of the police station at Lipjan where the Serbs had piled up the clothes, passports, shoes, glasses etc from the populous they had cleansed. The field in Kachanik where they over 40,000 victims had been hastily buried and the river besides where mutilated bodies passed every 5 seconds or so. All this within a day of being over the border! Kosovo in particular stands out - somewhere you would fly over to go on holiday in Greece or Turkey and another place where the horrors are rapidly drifting into the obscurity of history.

Reminds me of the Tigris with bodies swelled to twice their size floating by, certainly makes you realise growing up in a country like ours that we are privileged people! Hope you managed to shake that stuff off mate and you live in peace now 👍