Utter Tripe and Misdirection

I feel the only way we'll get back up the leagues, is with a big character as manager who won't accept any shi*t on the pitch. We've had it with Wilko and Big Ron, and Megson also changed the culture back to a winning one (even if he didn't finish the job). I was hopeful but Moore is too much of a nice guy and not capable enough tactically. We need another hard bas***d who will get the players bleeding blue blood for the club again.

22 hours ago, 0114 said:

Staton is an absolute brilliant interviewer.

Really put him on the spot with some great questions backed up with facts & stats. 

Some managers handle the media well. Moore is not one of those managers. 

Staton has just asked Jokanovic why his team were so boring second half. 

Brilliant, no messing about.

Need to get him questioning Moore more often. 

19 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Rubbish, I have and I’m still on board with DM, We have no divine right to get promoted, yes it’s been largely rubbish with a very new squad but what did you expect, us pinging it round like Man City after 2 months together?! 

it’s mental every one calling for Moore out. It really is, it’s just a frustrating period and we can’t change managers every time we have one because it’s getting us nowhere! 

Another tactical master class today 

22 hours ago, shandypants said:

Well he stated what has been lacking including some players being left out, others out of position and constantly shuffling the pack.

However, he does have time in his own head to fix things. He sights Luongo, Hutchinson, Gibson and Byers as players he can use in a system. What he didn't say was that with those four would we be getting within striking range of goal, which has been a problem ? 

I think we can, but confidence has been drastically eroded. We have Eight maybe nine home games up to the new year. We, Darren and the team need a transformation in form, without it the toxicity will become overbearing. Some will argue it already is !     

21 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

we’re not far off the playoffs with 3/4 of the season to play

we’re playing badly but we are still in the mix, there’s a lot of clubs worse off than us in League one currently,

There's 1/3 of the season gone. 9 points off the promotion places already, 7 points off the relegation spots.

5 wins from 15 games, 2 in the last 11. The teams above winning regularly and scoring loads of goals. There's only one way we are heading as DM's actions are getting more bizarre by the week and it's not the top end of this division.

We either change the manager now to give him and us a chance of promotion or wait until after Christmas, when the new man in charge will have to fight a relegation battle.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

I feel the only way we'll get back up the leagues, is with a big character as manager who won't accept any shi*t on the pitch. We've had it with Wilko and Big Ron, and Megson also changed the culture back to a winning one (even if he didn't finish the job). I was hopeful but Moore is too much of a nice guy and not capable enough tactically. We need another hard bas***d who will get the players bleeding blue blood for the club again.

What if we start calling Moore “big Daz?”

Guest DoesJackHunt
8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

There's 1/3 of the season gone. 9 points off the promotion places already, 7 points off the relegation spots.

5 wins from 15 games, 2 in the last 11. The teams above winning regularly and scoring loads of goals. There's only one way we are heading as DM's actions are getting more bizarre by the week and it's not the top end of this division.

We either change the manager now to give him and us a chance of promotion or wait until after Christmas, when the new man in charge will have to fight a relegation battle.

Ok, I agree we need to see immediate improvement, I just worry about who Chansiri will replace DM with. 

Some great posts in this thread, I thought.

Interestingly they are almost entirely anti-Moore.

Does anyone else find it unnerving that Moore appears to be a replica of Irvine in that they both seem to be living in an alternate universe on Planet Zog.

And we all know how it ended for Irvive as we slid alarmingly down League One under his tenure.

On 30/10/2021 at 02:40, DoesJackHunt said:

What a cheeky tw@t asking the supporters to support their team to try and help them through a bad spell.

What a disgraceful man with his utter tripe and misdirection, Darren Moore is basically the devil and we should boo him out of Hillsborough so that Chansiri can get us a proper manager from the Swedish second division who knows what the chuff he is doing.

Then Chansiri should give him loads of money to sign all of the amazing players available in January. 

I know we’ve been under an embargo for the past 4 transfer windows but I’m sure we’ll be out of one this next time and we need the type of manager who can attract quality player like De Bruyne and Salah..,obviously we won’t get them permanently but maybe on loan. 

People like you frustrate and depress me in equal measure Shandypants, say something constructive instead of ranting like an angry child trying to get all the other angry children to join your angry children’s club while trying to lose somebody there job for no justifiable reason. Grow up ! 

we’re not far off the playoffs with 3/4 of the season to play

we’re playing badly but we are still in the mix, there’s a lot of clubs worse off than us in League one currently, just get behind the team, that’s got a much better chance of getting us promoted than slagging people on social media and trying to force a change of manager.

Who are we getting as DM’s replacement if we are changing manager shandypants? 

who’s available?

who wants to come ? 
does Chansiri want them ? 

All these players/ coaches/ managers who get paid by Sheffield Wednesday, They’re all football professionals and despite recent performances they know what they are doing.

Just give them an environment to thrive in. What good is a random new manager going to do at this stage?  It’s literally just a roll of the dice. Let’s stop rolling effing dice, it’s not worked the last 4 times. Why not give a young Manager a really good chance to build something, even if it takes a couple of seasons. What’s the rush, we’ll only go up to come back down. When we get to championship again, I fully expect us to play league one again before we play in the prem.

so what does it matter? 

I agree with you but didn’t you say I shouldn’t have called for him to leave over a week ago?

Guest DoesJackHunt
10 minutes ago, parajack said:

I agree with you but didn’t you say I shouldn’t have called for him to leave over a week ago?

I’ve still not called for Darren to go mate, although I’m concerned after yesterday. That first half was the worst stuff we’ve played so far and the players just didn’t look interested. I’m waiting until Jan to call it, like I said I would…….but if we continue to play like we are doing, by that time Chansiri will have already given him the boot and not without justification. 

13 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I’ve still not called for Darren to go mate, although I’m concerned after yesterday. That first half was the worst stuff we’ve played so far and the players just didn’t look interested. I’m waiting until Jan to call it, like I said I would…….but if we continue to play like we are doing, by that time Chansiri will have already given him the boot and not without justification. 

By Jan we could be in the bottom 3.......anything is possible or we could be in a play off position....we shall see which direction we are heading...

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, parajack said:

By Jan we could be in the bottom 3.......anything is possible or we could be in a play off position....we shall see which direction we are heading...

We need to do some serious work on the training ground for a playoff position. I can’t see it happening this year.
Doubt we will go down though. 

On 30/10/2021 at 09:58, SallyCinnamon said:

Embarrassing thread.

The vitriol towards Moore is way too extreme.

Compared with Carlos, Jos and Monk he's getting off lightly. 

He's had more good will than any manager I can remember, and it's been evaporated with his bizarre decisions and baffling interviews. 

On 30/10/2021 at 17:31, hirstyboywonder said:

Staton has just asked Jokanovic why his team were so boring second half. 

Brilliant, no messing about.

Need to get him questioning Moore more often. 

The difference was the Blades manager seemed to take it on the chin and agree with everything Rob said apart from when he picked out Norwood for individual criticism. He's no bluffer.