Utter Tripe and Misdirection

You know when local reporters start asking pointed questions that the end is nigh. They usually give powder puff questions that don't put the manager in a difficult position in case he stops co operating with them.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When times are tough Rob's the man to send in to ask the questions

I absolutely agree. I think there’s only Paul Walker that has been as good at asking those questions that need asking. Maybe Walker is a little better but Staton is right up there. 

21 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Staton is an absolute brilliant interviewer.

Really put him on the spot with some great questions backed up with facts & stats. 

Some managers handle the media well. Moore is not one of those managers. 

Definitely 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry (partly because I thought Moore was the one to turn things around this season)....but what the fizz is he talking about?

I genuinely don't understand the rationale in responding to injuries by choosing to change system and deliberately play players out of position. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This breaking point for fans seems to have all come in a giant wave… which is confusing when results and performances have been pretty poor throughout his time here. 

Now everyone’s seen the light at the same time for some reason… when prior to this people thought he was the right man for the job despite not really offering us much. 

10 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

This breaking point for fans seems to have all come in a giant wave… which is confusing when results and performances have been pretty poor throughout his time here. 

Now everyone’s seen the light at the same time for some reason… when prior to this people thought he was the right man for the job despite not really offering us much. 

I think the massive turning point was the Bolton game where we got battered but somehow managed to win then Moore gave an account of the game in his post-match interview that bore no relation to the match and smacked of incompetence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think the massive turning point was the Bolton game where we got battered but somehow managed to win then Moore gave an account of the game in his post-match interview that bore no relation to the match and smacked of incompetence. 

Along with the weird team selections / formations / lack of attacking teams / looking like the away team at home etc 

But even prior to this, what success have we had with Moore ?    

I think plenty have been living off pure ‘hopefulness’ with Moore instead of facts / stats. 

I hope he turns it around… but I can’t even remember a good spell of games under Moore ? 

3 at the start of this season maybe 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Most thought he'd lost the plot at least a month ago.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

For me personally it's because he's now started talking utter drivel. Last season he wasn't going to be questioned as it wasn't his squad and the situation he inherited was awful.

However he had the summer to rebuild, brought in his own new squad and does g have a clue what to do with it. He's now coming out and defending what he's doing, but it's making him look like a clown. He'd be better off just shutting up rather than chatting rubbish in his interviews. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Most thought he'd lost the plot at least a month ago.

I’m not sure on ‘most’ … I think people warmed to him as a character for some reason with not much to back it up… but anyway, it’s got extremely tedious very quickly. 

And on a side note - I can’t see any Wednesday fan usually (even under the circumstances of last season) accepting a relegated manager staying on for the big charge up the league (which isn’t working) 

4 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

For me personally it's because he's now started talking utter drivel

It’s funny how powerful words are… his lip service comments have got Moore only so far… now his words infuriate people  

Finally people have seen that, if you aren’t winning games then any talking means flip all really.