Sam Hutchinson update

4 hours ago, gazzamk2 said:

'When he's system free' ??

Is it me or has he just made that up?

I was thinking that 

Never heard of a player picking up a system before…. Sounds nasty…. The sooner Sam is system free the better 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore : “He’s had a little bit of a strain because of the pitches being rock hard. It’s not settled since we got him back into training as we’d liked, but we’ve got to ease off with him a little.

Ok, have you thought of watering the dry pitches? It usually make dry hard ground a bit softer. Water the matchday surface, water the training pitches.

If you don't know that and the groundsman doesn't either you are guilty of gross negligence. Playing Sam in midfield is gross negligence bordering on player abuse. He can't do it these days, we know that, so should you.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

We are playing in a pitch that cost over £1m to lay I don't think it gets hard the same way a parks pitch has mud with no rain.

We are not in the 80's anymore where pitches, were like mid baths after a bit of rain or hard after sun.

It's just another of the long line of manager excuses.

Someone who has knee problems cannot play every game, and definitely cannot play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday for long before something goes.

I am surprised Hutch lasted as long as he did. We had Dunkley and Gibson sat there not playing while Hutch played every minute this is down to bad management of the players.

We had 14 new signings and 7 of them have barely played. Presumably that the pitches as well.

I’m not arguing the case for Moore; I think he’s rhubarb, however, his point about pitches is valid. Hard and soft pitches are still a factor today - you can see that in games at Hillsborough and the games you see on TV when players slip because they have the wrong studs. Also, Desso pitches are known to be harsh on knees, hips and ankles because they are harder than traditional pitches which don’t drain as well. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore : “He’s had a little bit of a strain because of the pitches being rock hard. It’s not settled since we got him back into training as we’d liked, but we’ve got to ease off with him a little.

We don’t want to push him back too soon.

If you push too soon, then you can lose him for longer.

We’re basically assessing him before every game - and when he’s system free then he’ll be good to go. We just don’t want to risk him”

We’ve not been playing at the arena ffs

CC said in 2016 that SH couldn't play in midfield and would play in defence moving forward.

Yet here we are with him still at the club being spoken about playing in midfield. This is part of the reason we are where we are.

Haven't countless managers blamed the training ground pitches for decades?

BUT we had the training ground pitches ripped up and built from scratch a couple of seasons ago

Are the pitches still bad, or is this just a managers default excuse for pushing players beyond limits?

15 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

BUT we had the training ground pitches ripped up and built from scratch a couple of seasons ago

Are the pitches still bad, or is this just a managers default excuse for pushing players beyond limits?

As I’ve mentioned a couple of times earlier, pitches are hard late summer/early autumn until we have sustained rainfall and snow. Desso pitches are know to be harder than traditional pitches. David Hirst once stated that he picked up injures on hard pitches and looked forward to the softer ground. 

1 hour ago, GoldGigsChris said:

I’m quite certain the pitches have never had a full reconstruction, but more like a basic renovation every summer. The training ground pitches have traditionally been over used leading to severe deterioration of the pitches over the years. Most clubs operate with anything between 4 - 12 grass training pitches and we have 2. These pitches also accommodate the academy, U23s and first team which in modern day football is ridiculous. Our chairman has ploughed millions into the club, but most successful clubs are built on good facilities and I’m afraid we’re a million miles away from that.