Jump to content

How SWFC are going to cut out conceding late goals


Recommended Posts

A real tough game against a difficult team - a team that every one of the top 5 has beaten with ease this season and a team who lost to bottom of the league Doncaster last weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just an idea but score more than 1 goal a game, if you concede late on then it does not matter.

 

Rotherham, Sunderland, Ipswich all score goals. We try and bore the other team into submission.

 

If that does work see if we can play 75 minutes games.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A real tough game against a difficult team - a team that every one of the top 5 has beaten with ease this season and a team who lost to bottom of the league Doncaster last weekend. 

Please dont  start

with the arrogant mantra, we should be beating these "little " teams. Fans need to remember we are on equal footing with these sides. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore : “

You try and replicate those situations in training. You try and replicate overloads where it is almost a seige mentality where you are overloaded and you work on the defensive drills.

 

As much as you try and replicate the situations, it is mindset thing. It is about being calm in situations and making the right decisions.
 

It is about staying switched on. We have identified areas in and out of the game this week where we need to be better. We have worked on those aspects.

 

It has been a real good, solid week's training. 

We have got a real tough game tomorrow. They are a difficult team. It is another hurdle that we are looking forward to”

Hows about having the ball in the opponents half instead of sitting on our own 18 yard line and hoping..

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Please dont  start

with the arrogant mantra, we should be beating these "little " teams. Fans need to remember we are on equal footing with these sides. 

 

Who is being arrogant?

We have no divine right to beat anyone. However, the constant talking up of the opposition is getting a little tiresome, Alan Irvine used to do the same and we played to combat the strengths of the opposition rather than make the most of what we have.

 

Unless you think playing 5 at the back with  only one CB is the best use of our resources? 

How about start with an attacking side rather than send the wingers on in panic when it is too late? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Who is being arrogant?

We have no divine right to beat anyone. However, the constant talking up of the opposition is getting a little tiresome, Alan Irvine used to do the same and we played to combat the strengths of the opposition rather than make the most of what we have.

 

Unless you think playing 5 at the back with  only one CB is the best use of our resources? 

How about start with an attacking side rather than send the wingers on in panic when it is too late? 

Just saying generally speaking not directed personally. But heard many fans say that at games this season and some say same on here. This is a hard league to get out of , I said that at beginning of season and others claim it is easy. We are absolutely woeful at the moment and DM is struggling to find a consistent plan. 

 

Edited by Big Jack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Asio otus said:

Just saying generally speaking not directed personally. But heard many fans say that at games this season and some say same on here. This is a hard league to get out of , I said that at beginning of season and others clam it is easy. We are absolutely woeful at the moment and DM is struggling to find a consistent plan. 

 

 

That is why we are woeful.

 

We weren't woeful in the first month of the season when we had a plan that seemed to suit all the signings we made.

 

Do we have a divine right to beat Shrewsbury, Wimbledon, Cambridge, Lincoln, Morecambe? Absolutely not but we have taken 11 points from our last 10 games, that's not good enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with hirstyboywonder 100% when he highlights the remarkable similarity between Moore and Alan Irvine.

 

Irvine constantly talked up the opposition and our performances and results went down and down even though MM gave him a significant sum to spend by League One standards

 

The overriding common characteristic between Moore and Irvine is one of pure arrogance.

 

Nobody can tell them anything.  In their own tiny little minds they are alwyas right

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...