Traffic after the matches

I sometimes hang around rather than trying to barge in to get off the Wednesdayite car park, all gets a bit tetchy.  Maybe even go to the club shop after the game.

Thing is, I then realise I'm the last one on the car park and get a telling off when I turn up as everyone just wants to go home.

Sorry all.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Have often wondered why the traffic lights along Penistone Road to the M1 and Halifax Road up to the M1 aren’t just put on green for twenty minutes or so to clear traffic out the way?

Have you ever been to the arena for a show by car then tried to get out of the arena car park.

The simple answer to that and SWFC, is once you have paid and are leaving they don't give a poo if it takes you 20 minutes or 2 hours to get home.

Its a shocking journey.  Ive had this out with highways a few seasons ago.  I live at Swallownst and it takes nearly an hour and half to do a 10 mile trip.  18 sets of traffic lights from bottom of Penistone Road to Parkway and all are on red.  They said they alter timings in preference of flow of traffic but i couldnt notice it.  I asked them to make the journey and see for themselves.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 1867tons said:

Its a shocking journey.  Ive had this out with highways a few seasons ago.  I live at Swallownst and it takes nearly an hour and half to do a 10 mile trip.  18 sets of traffic lights from bottom of Penistone Road to Parkway and all are on red.  They said they alter timings in preference of flow of traffic but i couldnt notice it.  I asked them to make the journey and see for themselves.  

Im usually  home before 6pm after a 3 o'clock kick off and travel back to Treeton.

Up Halifax Road, down thru Grenoside up past Meadow Farm and pick M1 up at Thorpe Hesley 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Have you ever been to the arena for a show by car then tried to get out of the arena car park.

The simple answer to that and SWFC, is once you have paid and are leaving they don't give a poo if it takes you 20 minutes or 2 hours to get home.

It wouldn’t be SWFC turning the traffic lights green though 

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Park other side of Hillsborough Corner 15 min walk and traffic ok getting away. Depends where you ate going I guess, but could park further up Halifax Road.

I can be done. Ive been to a few German grounds and at most the police switch the traffic lights in favour of traffic leaving the ground and its astonishing how quickly car parks and side roads empty.  Been to a couple where 20 minutes after final whistle around the grounds are virtually traffic free. It needs the council traffic management to sort it over here .

• Like 2

Just now, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I can be done. Ive been to a few German grounds and at most the police switch the traffic lights in favour of traffic leaving the ground and its astonishing how quickly car parks and side roads empty.  Been to a couple where 20 minutes after final whistle around the grounds are virtually traffic free. It needs the council traffic management to sort it over here .

Exactly

Can and does happen elsewhere 

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep initially but would it not clear traffic faster I’m the end?

It might I suppose & it's something I've thought about in the past but I suspect most would prefer to be crawling along steadily than sat waiting for 20 minutes without moving at all. 

2 hours ago, 1867tons said:

I tend to go back through Parsons Cross, Ecclesfield then M1. Longer way round but at least your not stuck in traffic and get home quicker. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

It has being looked at but sadly SAG have said " There is a chance the highways person pressing the button or turning the switch could break their nail or put a claim in for a repetitive  strain injury", so it's a No, No, No.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

happened at Carlisle a few seasons ago in the cup. On the road back to the M6 there was a policeman at a set of traffic lights waving the football traffic through the lights, instead of stop start we all just trundled along at about 15 mph we were onto the M6 in a few minutes, it's not that far in truth but it definately speeded things up.

• Love 1