BROWN SPEAKS OUT!!!

I know what is inspiring DM.

There was a thread on Twitter a few months back where a guy took over PSG on football manager with the challenge of wining everything whilst playing CB Craig Dawson as a loan striker.

He succeeded and Dawson finished top scorer in the league. 

I reckon this has inspired DM to play everyone out of position. Dunkley could soon become the next Paul Warhurst.

• Haha 2

I actually think Brown will come good if we just put him at left back and stick with him. He's got a decent turn of pace, seems strong enough to hold a man off and can get forward to attack too. He does seem to have a lapse or two each game defensively, but given time in the position with clear instruction, i think we'd have a very good left back on our hands. Far better than show horning palmer there who should only play LB when we have no other option.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

The frightening thing is that needing a left back, signing a left back and then not playing him at left back isn’t even in the top 5 batshît crazy things I’ve seen on the pitch this season….

And you just know Hutch will be out straight back into centre midfield soon as he’s fit too

Owlstalk Shop

It’s very odd. 
Carlos had success playing 442 with Bannan left mid and Pudil behind him.  Why not just try that with Brown as the left back over lapping Baz down the left side.  Nah, we’ll put Brown as a forward and a right back as the left back and a winger as a centre half.  Makes sense 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Dont @ me Bruv 

'We've played 2 formations this season'?!

We play 2 different formations in nearly every game?

Nice to know he classes himself as a left-back though, maybe he should tell the boss. 

I don't think its a question of the players and their ability they just need to be encouraged to attack more, especially it home.   We are to happy to win 1-0 which is a dangerous game most teams are capable of getting a goal over ninety minutes if we had a more comfortable lead then it wouldn't matter and players wouldn't be analysed so deeply.

Attack attack attack....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

I actually think Brown will come good if we just put him at left back and stick with him. He's got a decent turn of pace, seems strong enough to hold a man off and can get forward to attack too. He does seem to have a lapse or two each game defensively, but given time in the position with clear instruction, i think we'd have a very good left back on our hands. Far better than show horning palmer there who should only play LB when we have no other option.

No No, you can’t play a left back at left back according to the Moore book of modern football coaching.

He has to prove himself so flexible that he can play in every other position first.

I heard he’s now writing a new chapter about the merit of playing with an overlapping goalywag. Bannan’s name already pencilled in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

DM to Brown: Welcome to the club, what's your favourite position?

Brown to DM: Left back gaffer.

DM to Brown: Ok, well I'm going to play you left wing.

DM to Johnson: Welcome to the club, what's your favourite position?

Johnson to DM: Left wing gaffer.

DM to Johnson: Ok, well I'm going to play you left back or centre half.

lol

It's scary that this is not actually a joke 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1