Just don't care anymore

Guest Grandad

When top teams like as I said Arsenal do the unthinkable and finish outside the top four you get the following happen on Sky sports, football focus, Talksport

In the studio we have Tony Adams. There follows a 10 minute discussion about what's gone wrong at the club. Then they might cut to. Just been announced that.a club has folded due to debts. Such sad news says the presenter. Anyway, Tony what going wrong at Arsenal?

• Like 2

I lost interest a while ago but thought this season might give me that spark back. It hasn't. I still go but I'm not right bothered. 

The thing that does bothers me is my lads. They went from being obsessed about Wed to now they couldn't care less. I wonder how many more kids will have lost total interest in wed too and what impact on the future of this club that will have. 

• Like 2

I can't lie, I haven't been able to put myself through 13 pages of replies to this.

Grandad, your stance makes me sad.   

As I've told my boy a few times in the last year or so, this club will be around long after we no longer go to games - I genuinely hope that's the case.

Maybe I'm head in the sand somewhat, I don't want to think this club is as shameful as it is currently - I want to think My boy will end up taking his kids just like I started with my dad.

I can't give up yet.   I'm sorry you have.   Really sorry.

• Like 1

Na not for me

Despite relegation the place was buzzing at the start of this season and has only fell flat because we’ve sussed the manager out as being incompetent 

The heartbeat of the club is still strong 

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

I feel the only way we'll get back up the leagues, is with a big character as manager who won't accept any shi*t on the pitch. We've had it with Wilko and Big Ron, and Megson also changed the culture back to a winning one (even if he didn't finish the job). I was hopeful but Moore is too much of a nice guy and not capable enough tactically. We need another hard bas***d who will get the players bleeding blue blood for the club again.

Apologies in advance because I get the feeling this might be a long one 😬

I had a season ticket from the age of 13 to 35 - then last year I didn't renew. I did the usual 'I'm not bothering next year', fully expecting I'd cave at the last minute and renew as per usual, but I didn't. I could blame Covid or the fact we got relegated, but the truth is I just couldn't afford it any more - I've struggled healthwise and not had much money coming in.

I was still owed £98 refund from the 2019/20 ST, and could have really done with the cash, but I was never going to see that money again so when the first game of the season came around I finally did buckle and converted the money owed into ticket credit so I could go to the Donny game. Went to that one and Oxford. Hillsborough is like a morgue, the place stinks of decay.

This morning I played in the pouring rain - loved it, then dashed back to Kiveton to see them in the County Senior League - loved it, then into the clubhouse to watch Wednesday throw away another two points. Conceding a last minute equaliser should be gut-wrenching, but I just carried on the conversation I was having as though nothing had happened. Truth is, dropping two points today is a drop in the ocean in terms of our club's problems.

The current chairman is 100% to blame for the position our club finds itself in, yet I get the feeling most Wednesdayites will be pointing the finger at Darren Moore tonight - just as they did with Carlos, Jos Luhukay, Garry Monk, Tony Pulis etc.. People are too lazy to look beyond what happens on the pitch. That banner thanking Chansiri is still there on the Kop. Any other club in the country and it'd have been ripped down and followed up with mass protests.

I felt for fans of Bury, Wimbledon, Macclesfield etc..., whose clubs went kaput overnight. But I realised that Wednesday are headed in the same direction, it's just that we're taking our time with it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The banner has been rolled up, you can't see it anymore. Yes, we all know Mr C is to blame overall but he's not to blame for the awful tactics and the weak performances of the players. People aren't lazy, they know the score but DM and the players have the ability but not the desire. That's what fans can't stomach.

3 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

The banner has been rolled up, you can't see it anymore. Yes, we all know Mr C is to blame overall but he's not to blame for the awful tactics and the weak performances of the players. People aren't lazy, they know the score but DM and the players have the ability but not the desire. That's what fans can't stomach.

That's the thing.

Chansiri is the main man culpable for the fact we find ourselves in League One.

But then I don't think you can really blame him for how utterly inept both Moore and his players are.

Heck, we managed to get out of this division once before with Uncle Dave as the chairman! 

Just poor decision making all round really.

The club is stale and it’s position in league 1, failing to beat clubs like AFC Wimbledon, Cambridge. Lincoln and Cheltenham confirms it. 5 points outside the playoffs and drifting further away.  This may not be the lowest we’ve been in my 28 years of support, I guess that would be our first season back in at this level where we were losing to Grimsby and had Tony Crane in the side. But this is the least I’ve cared about the club and results in 28 years.  When we concede goals I used to be distraught, now I laugh because it’s expected and we are awful. Even if we’d won today it would have papered over the cracks.  I’m not depressed with Wednesday being cr*p anymore, I actually have less feeling about it. 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2021 at 10:07, jonnyowl said:

The one gram of comfort that the chairman has given us this season is, you can't argue he hasn't back the manager with the signings.

Problem is Bruce aside he's employed 3 poor managers.

We're a good manager away from being a good side in this league.

What about these players has led you to believe that? Have we played well for more than 20 minutes in any game?