Just don't care anymore

Guest Grandad

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

What a load of absolute rubbish. Can’t handle the realities of modern football. Get a grip.

It’s true.  Every Weds fan I know, who went to games when we were a big deal, has a similar attitude.  

They think football is the same as before.  It isn’t. 

They think Wednesday have a god given right to walk lower leagues and should be playing like Barca.  

In reality, Wednesday have played like this every season I’ve been a supporter.  It wasn’t even that pretty when we made the playoffs. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Grandad said:

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day. But after all the years of obsession and dedication to the club, the battles I've fought with the likes of Allen and Walker over their horrendous mismanagement of the club and treatment of fans, this Chairman has finished me. 

The club is dead. It's now so much further back than the empty shell of a club Milan inherited. And still sinking 

The football is horrendous and has been for years (bar Carlos). The atmosphere has gone, the lone drummer at the back of the Kop symbolic. Fans circulate at the ground in a wake-like existence. Nobody remembers why they go any more. 

The club is dead and was killed by Chansiri. The last thing we all had left, that carried us through all of the horrendous 20 post Prem years, was hope. 

Once Chansiri killed that we were done. They might as well lock the gates

The club is still here alive and kicking, and will be for long after we've gone, you should get a medical instead

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Grandad said:

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day. But after all the years of obsession and dedication to the club, the battles I've fought with the likes of Allen and Walker over their horrendous mismanagement of the club and treatment of fans, this Chairman has finished me. 

The club is dead. It's now so much further back than the empty shell of a club Milan inherited. And still sinking 

The football is horrendous and has been for years (bar Carlos). The atmosphere has gone, the lone drummer at the back of the Kop symbolic. Fans circulate at the ground in a wake-like existence. Nobody remembers why they go any more. 

The club is dead and was killed by Chansiri. The last thing we all had left, that carried us through all of the horrendous 20 post Prem years, was hope. 

No one can condone what Chansiri has done to the club in the last few years, however he is NOT the issue this season. For once he’s sat back and let the manager get on with the job, it’s just that he’s left the task to the wrong man. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The coach said:

With respect to the op...maybe it’s an age thing...as you get older some things seem more of an hassle than having a good day out on the pop...a good performance and a win would be great..a win would be great..an6thing else is rubbish but you can’t let it spoil a good day out

I am sure the age is an issue for all of us... our live experience makes everything less exciting. All the disappointments of the past make it harder to find hope.

But still .. we would not be here, if we would not still care deeply.  Up the owls!

6 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

No one can condone what Chansiri has done to the club in the last few years, however he is NOT the issue this season. For once he’s sat back and let the manager get on with the job, it’s just that he’s left the task to the wrong man. 

If he's left the task to the wrong man, that would kind of suggest he is the issue though, wouldn't it?

Guest Grandad
10 hours ago, The coach said:

With respect to the op...maybe it’s an age thing...as you get older some things seem more of an hassle than having a good day out on the pop...a good performance and a win would be great..a win would be great..an6thing else is rubbish but you can’t let it spoil a good day out

Watching Wednesday has never been about getting smashed on a booze up with the lads with the football being secondary. Since I was 24 it was always more likely to be time with my kids home and away. My daughter especially has been a home and away fan since before she was walking

Maybe that's where I've been going wrong!

Edited by Grandad

15 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Yep.

I made a post on here when Monk was in charge about asking for a season ticket refund. 

Some people didn’t understand where I was coming from, or what my reasons were, they just presumed I was some sort of traitor. 

It wasn’t that, it was the anxiety Wednesday give me and how I could better use my time… and the lack of enjoying the actual football aka (pantomime/poker game/cheating). 

I’m still attending home games and still feel the same. 

Thats just it though...sport is supposed to be a leisure activity. Of course that doesnt mean we expect to win all the time, who does?

But at least some effort and try a bit. 

Tteating the fans a bit better would help too.

Its not pleasurable or enjoyable and thats why I am not going to games anymore or spending any more money on the club..that's me done.

I'll look at final score but no more checking progress of the game as it goes on...I don't care enough.

Guest Grandad
18 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

If we lose today I think he gets sacked. The fans have turned.

Any sign of those League One budgets yet?

On 29/10/2021 at 09:03, Grandad said:

Can only agree sadly.

I've been going since the sixties and never felt so sad, low and disinterested in the club and that's a club I love with a passion.

Not renewed for this season, couldn't face it any more.

Just goes to show the damage one person can do!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Watching Wednesday has never been about getting smashed on a booze up with the lads with the football being secondary. Since I was 24 it was always more likely to be time with my kids home and away. My daughter especially has been a home and away fan since before she was walking

Maybe that's where I've been going wrong!

No I think you did right by your family.  My dad took me when I was six and I've loved it ever since till now.

He passed away three years ago, can't imagine what he'd be saying about things now!

32 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

If we lose today I think he gets sacked. The fans have turned.

If that was guaranteed, I think many fans would be prepared to take the hit. Sadly, I think Moore is likely to get at least till Christmas as our play-off hopes fall away. Moore talking about targets in the next transfer window is not a good sign, however.

For me it's becoming a general disinterest in football. To achieve anything major needs money a lot of it. Wilder spent £135 million I know some we're bad buys (Brewster) but it achieved nothing. For some of the top teams that amount of money is not excessive. Judging by the season so far Notwich look like they'll be happy again to flirt with relegation in the hope that if they go down they'll get promoted next year and collect the parachute payments. Team's like Newcastle happy to stay around mid table. Arsenal's ambition? A top four finish and if they don't get it their fans call it a disastrous season. It's not a sport or a game anymore it's a business, fans are customers and players are a commodity.

15 minutes ago, darra said:

For me it's becoming a general disinterest in football. To achieve anything major needs money a lot of it. Wilder spent £135 million I know some we're bad buys (Brewster) but it achieved nothing. For some of the top teams that amount of money is not excessive. Judging by the season so far Notwich look like they'll be happy again to flirt with relegation in the hope that if they go down they'll get promoted next year and collect the parachute payments. Team's like Newcastle happy to stay around mid table. Arsenal's ambition? A top four finish and if they don't get it their fans call it a disastrous season. It's not a sport or a game anymore it's a business, fans are customers and players are a commodity.

Couldn't agree more, football is broken and corrupt, and I've never felt so disenchanted with the game, and Wednesday. But I've been going to games since 13th April 1964, it's part of me, so I'll keep going until I'm not physically able. Doesn't really make sense but what does?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darra said:

Top post 💯 % agree.

Ive taken to watching lower league football mainly national league.

To me that’s where the real football is. 

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
11 hours ago, Bez said:

It’s true.  Every Weds fan I know, who went to games when we were a big deal, has a similar attitude.  

They think football is the same as before.  It isn’t. 

They think Wednesday have a god given right to walk lower leagues and should be playing like Barca.  

In reality, Wednesday have played like this every season I’ve been a supporter.  It wasn’t even that pretty when we made the playoffs. 

I can assure you it isn’t true. But thanks for telling me how ‘old’ people think.