Just don't care anymore

Guest Grandad

7 hours ago, Grandad said:

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day. But after all the years of obsession and dedication to the club, the battles I've fought with the likes of Allen and Walker over their horrendous mismanagement of the club and treatment of fans, this Chairman has finished me. 

The club is dead. It's now so much further back than the empty shell of a club Milan inherited. And still sinking 

The football is horrendous and has been for years (bar Carlos). The atmosphere has gone, the lone drummer at the back of the Kop symbolic. Fans circulate at the ground in a wake-like existence. Nobody remembers why they go any more. 

The club is dead and was killed by Chansiri. The last thing we all had left, that carried us through all of the horrendous 20 post Prem years, was hope. 

Once Chansiri killed that we were done. They might as well lock the gates

So didn’t mind decades of abuse and neglect off the old guard. 

man our fans are absolutely weird. Strangest and most miserable people I’ve ever seen online. If there’s owt positive about anything or about a young kid getting England call up s they still just moan and moan. I genuinely am embarrassed to call myself a Wednesdayite online with all the flouncing the Karen’s post. 

good riddance grandad. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

I agree to some extent with the OP, but I do still look forward to watch us play and keep up with info every day.

I do every so often get thinking what is the point of all of this? So we can get to the Premier League one day and probably go straight back down? Then repeat the cycle of the past 20 years? I want a club that I can be proud of, that gets me excited when we play (I'm not bothered about style of play, more I want players who are committed and a distinct style), that develops exciting youth players, pushes into other areas (community, women's football, eSports etc) and generally has a really exciting vibe to it.

Weirdly I think we have probably done more in other areas this past year or so than we have before. The social media aspect is loads better, we are getting youth out on loan and into the first team. But we also make fundamental errors like not signing up talented youth (Shaw & Uroghide) and the whole season ticket refund debacle. We just seem to shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again.

I'm still of the belief that if we had a proper business structure in place with a professional CEO at the helm and Chansiri purely funding it we could make massive strides. The potential is still there, look at the playoff final and how many fans were there. My brother in law took my niece to a women's football game at the Lane recently as it's more family friendly. Where are we in supporting our women's team and tapping into that? The money might not be huge at the start but it's more than we would be making not doing anything, and the women's game is growing fast.

We just still seem to be stuck about 20 years behind everyone else. I include the fan base in that. Mention women's football or eSports to someone on the terrace and it'll be met with laughter, yet this is what is happening on the frontline of football now that brings in revenue that supports the whole club.

TL;DR - Get a decent CEO in and take a step back Dejphon FFS.

Not having key board/management positions filled such as Director Of Football or CEO is something I just cannot understand given the size of the club.

• Like 2

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day. But after all the years of obsession and dedication to the club, the battles I've fought with the likes of Allen and Walker over their horrendous mismanagement of the club and treatment of fans, this Chairman has finished me. 

The club is dead. It's now so much further back than the empty shell of a club Milan inherited. And still sinking 

The football is horrendous and has been for years (bar Carlos). The atmosphere has gone, the lone drummer at the back of the Kop symbolic. Fans circulate at the ground in a wake-like existence. Nobody remembers why they go any more. 

The club is dead and was killed by Chansiri. The last thing we all had left, that carried us through all of the horrendous 20 post Prem years, was hope. 

I completely agree with everything said there mate and this is exactly how I've felt for a while too. 

The fans still supporting the Chairman after everything he's done, and continues to do, are just as big a problem as he is

Also this is true, the fact that the "thankyou Dejphon Chansiri" flag/banner is still up at the back of the kop shows how apathetic our supporters have become. The pig fans would have ripped that foooker down if it would have been the other way round.

I'm still amazed at the support DC still gets after everything he's done. All because they think "his hearts in the right place" 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Even if it’s only the Pizza Cup, I bet most of the grumbling posters on here will still be at Wembley for the final if we happen to get there.

I never know why this is ever seen as any kind of valid point 

OF COURSE they will

Its human nature 

Same as those who want to come to big games against bigger teams but aren’t that fussed about watching us play Harrogate 

ffs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I've lived in Chicago now for over 10 year but followed Wednesday  games on Twitter, Owlstalk, ESPN+ religiously refreshing platforms for updates on the scores and when visiting home going to all the games I can. Last weekend it was Sunday afternoon when I realised I didn't even know the score or who we were playing. I find that really sad that I have been pushed away/turned off buy this owner so that I forgot the game totally while getting on with life and the family. 

the club will rebound and things will get better on the pitch as im struggling to see how it can get any worse . this seasons failings aint down to chansiri , the past 5 years yes . this is darren moores squad ,he got the players,he picks and trains the team ,he makes the subs and the tactics . 1 man to blame this season .

we have a squad what should be top 6 not struggling against cambridge,lincoln reserves , morecambe etc etc . tomorrow is a new low we play a club what are 2nd level non league in status of ground etc ,there is even a washing line attacted from the ground to a house and the ground aint visible until you are there ,it makes mansfield look like wembley . im sick of excuses 3points darren or do us a favour and quit .

• Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

In answer to your questions, it is just my opinion but I would say Yes, Yes and Yes.

Surely it is the managers job to make players click and give them confidence by man management and motivation skills. The main reason they are not clocking is because of his faffing around with positions and tactics each week and that in turn will effect confidence. There are no connections developing on the pitch due to this. This is why we are not clicking. It is November next week,

In league 1 the goals are the same size and the aim of the game the same. Not sure why being in a new league is an excuse, especially as it's a weaker league. League 1 us crap. Utter crap.

ok, so, neither of us know how factually accurate those statements you made are. They did read like statements of fact, not an opinion. 

I agree, It is the Managers job to motivate the team and get the team playing, I think we all realise that we need to see improvement in this area sooner rather than later. DM will also know this. 

League one is crap but that's where we are, with a squad of league one player (they may be good league one players but they are still league one players). It's not like we are facing league one teams with Mbappe, Neymar and Salah as our front three. 

The goals are the same size but we don't know the teams and the players haven't had those individual battles with the opposition players before. We are finding our way and getting to know the league and unfortunately results aren't amazing because of that.

Let's not forget we have also had a lot of costly individual errors which doesn't help, because

1. they have cost us goals and points

2. The affect of those errors has a collective impact on the team confidence as a whole, players not trusting each other, being rushed in possession and not playing with confidence etc.

It's been a frustrating start but i'm keeping the faith for now. Sometimes things take a bit of time to come good. I expect us to do much better in the second half of the season, when we have played teams once already and have a better idea of what we are facing week in, week out. Not just from a tactical perspective but from and individual battle perspective as well. 

15 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Even if it’s only the Pizza Cup, I bet most of the grumbling posters on here will still be at Wembley for the final if we happen to get there.

I know I will and - win or lose - I shall do my utmost to enjoy the day.

same here win or lose i make the most of the day ,im looking forward to the trip 2moro same accrington crewe and if we make wembley in pizza cup what a day that will be.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I never know why this is ever seen as any kind of valid point 

OF COURSE they will

Its human nature 

Same as those who want to come to big games against bigger teams but aren’t that fussed about watching us play Harrogate 

ffs

Never understood either side of the argument. You go to the games you want to, or in the case of away games get actually get too!

I’ve gone to all the shitty cup ties at Hillsborough for ages but ive never held it as a badge of honour, or an excuse to do down people who went to games like Man City last year but not Newcastle 23s. 

Bizarre attitude either way. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Was you that tramp in ole in road,

cos you still owe me change,

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Never understood either side of the argument. You go to the games you want to, or in the case of away games get actually get too!

I’ve gone to all the shitty cup ties at Hillsborough for ages but ive never held it as a badge of honour, or an excuse to do down people who went to games like Man City last year but not Newcastle 23s. 

Bizarre attitude either way. 

It is!

Its like saying ‘look at those movie fans who come out of the woodwork when the new James Bond comes out or the latest Toy Story but don’t go to Cineworld on a Tuesday to see some Scandinavian subtitled indie film - part time glory hunters”

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Tactical Bacon

Huge part of our problem is the overly negative fans we seem to attract, full of entitlement.

We are a Lg1 team - I'll follow the Wednesday whatever division we are in.

37 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Maybe not, but 45000 went the last time, and nearly as many to Cardiff before that.  So you could probably sneak in with them, if you change your mind.

Yes, the club is a shambles.  We could lose to Cheltenham and Harrogate in our next two games.  But I'm not thinking of throwing the towel in.  I'm a veteran of 1975-6 don't you know.  

Where are the 45,000 now, yep I know you  always get bandwagon jumpers I accept that. Its just now at my age I dont think its any fun or pleasure watching footballers who are either near the bottom or nearly falling off the football pyramid trying (well I think they are ) to pass a football in a straight line.  Some of em are so lacking in the basics its jaw dropping. I sometimes think it must be relatively easy to become a pro footballer nowadays when I look at some of them. Anyway what I really want is for Chansiri to part company with the club by any means possible or I really do genuinely fear the worst. It gives me no pleasure to sound off like this but there again neither does watching Wednesday for the last few years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ANDY said:

Moore needs to show more tactical knowledge

he needs to play to our strengths and not worry about the opposition 

id rather lose 5-4 knowing we went out to win than draw 1-1 after defending for 80 mins 

You'd rather lose than draw? Strange attitude. 

• Like 1

I have not endured what you did nor have I committed the time to the club that you have.

I have enjoyed great times even in our last visit to L1. However, I have lost interest. Bizarrely I enjoy Owlstalk more than the club.

I have had a child who I choose to spend time with rather than watching football. That may have a big impact.

However, I have had season tickets and have used corporate hospitality.

Now I simply don’t bother. It is rubbish.

Football at large a.so plays it’s part in the decision but DC is my biggest issue. 

• Like 2

Empty shell of a club...what a perfect description spot on.

8 hours ago, Bob said:

A flounce with meaning. I almost dread the 90+ minutes during a match. Even when they are winning you just know it isn't going to last. 

This owner is a disgrace and the club is rudderless. 

Yep.

I made a post on here when Monk was in charge about asking for a season ticket refund. 

Some people didn’t understand where I was coming from, or what my reasons were, they just presumed I was some sort of traitor. 

It wasn’t that, it was the anxiety Wednesday give me and how I could better use my time… and the lack of enjoying the actual football aka (pantomime/poker game/cheating). 

I’m still attending home games and still feel the same. 

38 minutes ago, Tactical Bacon said:

Huge part of our problem is the overly negative fans we seem to attract, full of entitlement.

Not 100% sure when I say this BUT I am pretty certain that every football club has fans who want more from their club and who point out aspects that could be better??

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop