Guest DoesJackHunt
5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many starts has Shodipo had? He was man of the match for the majority on here against Shrewsbury. Judging him on a fe sub appearances when Moore sends him on in desperation after his initial approach has failed is a little unfair.

Shodipo scored double figures in this division last season and played most games as his team got to the play-off final. We have a better squad than Oxford had last season nut Moore is certainly not getting the best out of it. 

He’s invisible in a Sheffield Wednesday shirt. Marked out of every game easily. He’s had one good game but has offered almost nothing else at all. I want him to come good and I’m sure he will. However, He has to be judged on what he’s done in a Wednesday shirt. He needs some games in the u23’s to get going. His confidence isn’t there. Corbeanu, Brown, Johnson Kamberi, Berahino, Gregory even arguable Sow if your including the Newcastle game have showed, as much or more than him. They’ve all had good and bad games but none have gone missing in games like Shodipo does except Gregory ( but he was isolated) 

Don’t you come at me with this Shodipo starts stuff. I’m not having it. 

For the record, I don’t hate Shodipo and I do think there’s a player in there…..but, for whatever reason, he’s not at it yet in a Wednesday shirt and others are much more deserving of the game time at the moment. You need to fight out of a bad run as a team and you can’t do that with passengers. 
Earn your shirt, if you have to do it off the bench, then that’s how you have to do it. 

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

He’s invisible in a Sheffield Wednesday shirt. Marked out of every game easily. He’s had one good game but has offered almost nothing else at all. I want him to come good and I’m sure he will. However, He has to be judged on what he’s done in a Wednesday shirt. He needs some games in the u23’s to get going. His confidence isn’t there. Corbeanu, Brown, Johnson Kamberi, Berahino, Gregory even arguable Sow if your including the Newcastle game have showed, as much or more than him. They’ve all had good and bad games but none have gone missing in games like Shodipo does except Gregory ( but he was isolated) 

Don’t you come at me with this Shodipo starts stuff. I’m not having it. 

For the record, I don’t hate Shodipo and I do think there’s a player in there…..but, for whatever reason, he’s not at it yet in a Wednesday shirt and others are much more deserving of the game time at the moment. You need to fight out of a bad run as a team and you can’t do that with passengers. 
Earn your shirt, if you have to do it off the bench, then that’s how you have to do it. 

What did Johnson do to earn the centre-back shirt?

Shodipo has started 3 games, one of which he was our best player. Feel free to write him off on that basis though while continuing to get behind Moore's chop and change approach to getting us to 'gel'.

Guest DoesJackHunt
7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What did Johnson do to earn the centre-back shirt?

Shodipo has started 3 games, one of which he was our best player. Feel free to write him off on that basis though while continuing to get behind Moore's chop and change approach to getting us to 'gel'.

I’ve not written him off! Stop being dramatic. I’ve quite clearly stated that in my opinion he is currently bottom of the pecking order in the wide forward position and I don’t understand why anyone would be calling for him to start games at the moment based on what we’ve seen. Have you only seen the Shrewsbury game? 

I’ve no idea why Johnson played centre back, he wouldn’t have been my choice but like i said, good or bad, Johnson  stays involved in the game. Johnson starting at centre back is a different topic though and can’t be used to as an argument to start Shodipo. Which one are we discussing? 

i will continue to back Moore for the time being. Thanks