15 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

The only thing saving Moore is large parts of our fan base have the mentality 'constantly changing the manager, doesn't help'.

Whilst I understand this view, it's more constantly employing the wrong types of manager don't help in our situation. So what do you do? Just jeep the wrong man in charge for too long due to sentence one?

Or do you get rid and make sure you get the right man in for once?

The chairman has his detractors but Moore has been backed. This is no ones fault but his.

You make good point, I am amongst the 'why keep changing managers' brigade, but with this group of players we should be romping away with this league.

But HMS Plss The League is floundering, so maybe we do need a new hand on the tiller.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Willie Henderson said:

You make good point, I am amongst the 'why keep changing managers' brigade, but with this group of players we should be romping away with this league.

But HMS Plss The League is floundering, so maybe we do need a new hand on the tiller.

I can see both viewpoints. We all know the club should be ran better behind the scenes and if it was we wouldn't be in League 1.

In context though, I don't think I have ever seen our fan base so unified in the same opinion that what we are currently doing is not working.

It is not Chansiri fault, what is happening now. Reading that Doncaster fan post the other day, it is clear as many of us fear, Moore is stubborn and set in his ways. Therefore, if we lose or even draw Saturday, chairman has to look at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

What is more frustrating is for those  ten minute spells we do play with a higher tempo, it is exciting.

When we scored last Saturday we were exciting for a 10 minute spell. When we played AFC Wilmbledon we were exciting for short spells. The second home game of the season I think it was, we were really good for a 10 minute spell.

Yet the manager chooses to stifle this, by being far too conservative. We can see from these spells we have the players to really go for teams and dominate. It is his trepidation at the start of most games stopping is from playing like this for longer periods of the game.

He won't get a position at a club like ours again, yet instead of taking the opportunity with both hands and setting us up to go for it, he is sat driving a Ferrari at 20mph.

This 100%. For a short spell before we scored and after we attacked Lincoln and it got the crowd on their feet and vocal. Dele-bashiru was picking the ball up and running at people with strength & pace, they were literally bouncing off him. We won a few corners and had a few half chances. Bannan and adeniran were waving their arms to the kop to keep the atmosphere going, but then it just drops if we haven't scored in that 10/15 minute spell. Why?. We then go back to the negative passing around our own half and trying to conserve a 1 goal margin. We don't have the players to see a game out, so why are we trying?. How did we get into the lead in the first place?. By actually going forward with purpose and high tempo. We need a minimum of 2 goals to win a game at moment, and sometimes even more as Wimbledon proved. 10 to 15 minute spells a game isn't going to get us promoted or anywhere near top 6. Only time will tell, but I don't see this team going up with this style & tempo.

• Like 3

Just now, AtkinsonsBarmyArmy said:

This 100%. For a short spell before we scored and after we attacked Lincoln and it got the crowd on their feet and vocal. Dele-bashiru was picking the ball up and running at people with strength & pace, they were literally bouncing off him. We won a few corners and had a few half chances. Bannan and adeniran were waving their arms to the kop to keep the atmosphere going, but then it just drops if we haven't scored in that 10/15 minute spell. Why?. We then go back to the negative passing around our own half and trying to conserve a 1 goal margin. We don't have the players to see a game out, so why are we trying?. How did we get into the lead in the first place?. By actually going forward with purpose and high tempo. We need a minimum of 2 goals to win a game at moment, and sometimes even more as Wimbledon proved. 10 to 15 minute spells a game isn't going to get us promoted or anywhere near top 6. Only time will tell, but I don't see this team going up with this style & tempo.

I think what happens is that for short periods some of our more mobile players like FDB, Adrenian even Brown, almost do what they want. In this period the crowd get going and we have these short spells of exciting football.

Then we go back to the slow, mundane, pedestrian football because they revert back to position, or we start getting edgy again as some of the players being asked to play out of position might make an error, we lose the crowd as a result and lose momentum.

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 hours ago, Vanderowlsterdam said:

If we played Corbeanu and Shodipo from the start we could really scare some teams... But that's never going to happen. 

What have you seen from Shodipo that makes you think that other teams would be scared of him ?  All i've seen is a light weight wide forward who is very easily marked out of the game.

Would like to see more of Corbeanu though. 

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

You can't get more exciting then a winger at centre back.

Or a right back at centre forward

or a centre mid on the right wing

or a right back at centre half 

or a winger up front 

or a right back at left back

or a centre forward at centre mid

laugh a minute 

• Haha 1

Maybe we could have a mutiny on the pitch?

They could just go out there, ignore all the instructions and just play how they want to play, really go for it and have fun without having to mess about at the back and prove we're a good team.

That might be fun, even if just to see DM's apoplectic face.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

Stop tapping it around the defence, attack teams from the very start, play with energy, play 4 4 2 and stop asking full backs to play as wing backs, get crosses in the box and create chances.

The crowd will get behind you.

It's not difficult.

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson/Dunkley

Palmer

Bannan

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Shodipo/Corbeanu

Gregory

Berahino

Windass will also make a big difference to how we play.

Gregory should be nowhere near the starting line up 

lol

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

The only thing saving Moore is large parts of our fan base have the mentality 'constantly changing the manager, doesn't help'.

Whilst I understand this view, it's more constantly employing the wrong types of manager don't help in our situation. So what do you do? Just jeep the wrong man in charge for too long due to sentence one?

Or do you get rid and make sure you get the right man in for once?

The chairman has his detractors but Moore has been backed. This is no ones fault but his.

The fans don't decide when the manager goes the Chairman does.

I don't want us to get rid of Moore yet and my argument for that would be

1. We have a lot of new, players, some of them who are inexperienced 

2. We still aren't a million miles away from the play off places. 

If we are changing the manager it has to be for the right reasons. if it's just another hopeful role of the dice, then why not just gamble on giving the current manager longer to get to grips with things. it took Sir Alex Ferguson a while to get things right so who's to say DM wont be the same. Promotion was always going to be difficult. When isn't it?

If you believe we should change managers now then 

1. Who is the right type of manager?

2. Are they available?

3. Is it likely that Chansiri will employee them? - we could end up with some guy from the Romanian second tier. 

I just don't understand why people who probably can't answer those three questions (I don't think anyone can answer question 3) feel we should change manager now.  What's the point in risking the upheaval of a new manager at the moment? It hasn't worked the last 3 times. I'm not saying we should be indefinitely patient with DM if it's not working but surely he's is wort a bit more time that this, before we plunge into the random Manger tombola again.

Guest DoesJackHunt
5 minutes ago, Django said:

Thing is I genuinely can’t see a weak link in the entire squad for this level 

There’s experience and talent throughout 

Anything less than top 2 is a massive failure imo 

We’re pretty weak at left back.

why is less than top 2 a massive failure? it’s our first season in a league that we know nothing about with a bunch of new players, brought in for free. 
What are your expectations based upon to make it a massively failure? 

5 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

The current lack of style and ongoing lethargic approach to each game is depressingly boring. 

I wish that we could be more cavalier and energetic in our performances. 

please make it so! 

'Hillsborough is like a library' Lincoln fans!

The apathy has well and truly set back in after an initial returning to stadium enthusiasm. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
59 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Moore is arrogant, stubborn and defensive-minded.

Sooner Chansiri wakes up and Moore leaves by mutual consent the better.

Until then we are going to be bored, disappointed and often angry.  

I’ve never met him, I’ll take your word for it. 

What time does Chansiri normally wake up? and why, when he does, are him and DM going to happily agree to go their separate ways? Will this happen over a romantic breakfast? 

I’m not very good at being angry can I just be bored and disappointed., no worries, if not.” Grrooowwwl!!!!”

6 hours ago, striker said:

Yes, watching Wednesday is very boring  My wife often asks why I watch football....and I find it hard to answer. 

Very rarely because I enjoy it, mostly because it's just what I've always done since 5 years old. Rarely with any sense of expectation, mostly just in case something happens. 

Beautiful post….are you the ghost of Samuel Beckett? UTO.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

What have you seen from Shodipo that makes you think that other teams would be scared of him ?  All i've seen is a light weight wide forward who is very easily marked out of the game.

Would like to see more of Corbeanu though. 

How many starts has Shodipo had? He was man of the match for the majority on here against Shrewsbury. Judging him on a fe sub appearances when Moore sends him on in desperation after his initial approach has failed is a little unfair.

Shodipo scored double figures in this division last season and played most games as his team got to the play-off final. We have a better squad than Oxford had last season nut Moore is certainly not getting the best out of it.