11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Stop tapping it around the defence, attack teams from the very start, play with energy, play 4 4 2 and stop asking full backs to play as wing backs, get crosses in the box and create chances.

The crowd will get behind you.

It's not difficult.

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson/Dunkley

Palmer

Bannan

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Shodipo/Corbeanu

Gregory

Berahino

Windass will also make a big difference to how we play.

There is far too much common sense in this post 🙂

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Yes, watching Wednesday is very boring  My wife often asks why I watch football....and I find it hard to answer. 

Very rarely because I enjoy it, mostly because it's just what I've always done since 5 years old. Rarely with any sense of expectation, mostly just in case something happens. 

We know supporting Wednesday is bad for our health, but we can't stop doing it 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

The current lack of style and ongoing lethargic approach to each game is depressingly boring. 

I wish that we could be more cavalier and energetic in our performances. 

please make it so! 

It is really boring and frustrating to watch.

Hardly surprising when we have 5 at the back, have an emphasis on trying to keep the ball in our own half and have no pace in our attack and any width comes from players who are defenders by trade.

We have options to be much more attacking, which makes our approach even more frustrating. 

If it was working it would be more understandable. We took 10 points from our first 4 games with 4 at the back. Since the Oxford game when we really started to mix things up we've picked up 6 points from 5 games. 

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We know supporting Wednesday is bad for our health, but we can't stop doing it 

True. Although I'm more relaxed now, I expect nothing and my expectations are mostly met.

In a honesty, had my youngest daughter not been bitten by the bug, I may have drifted away years ago. That shared activity every week is way more enjoyable for me than what happens on the pitch. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, striker said:

True. Although I'm more relaxed now, I expect nothing and my expectations are mostly met.

In a honesty, had my youngest daughter not been bitten by the bug, I may have drifted away years ago. That shared activity every week is way more enjoyable for me than what happens on the pitch. 

My son was threatening to report me for child cruelty when I used to take him!

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Stop tapping it around the defence, attack teams from the very start, play with energy, play 4 4 2 and stop asking full backs to play as wing backs, get crosses in the box and create chances.

It's not difficult.

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson/Dunkley

Palmer

Bannan

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Shodipo/Corbeanu

Gregory

Berahino

He will when he plays RB. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

It's not difficult.

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson/Dunkley

Palmer

Bannan

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Shodipo/Corbeanu

Gregory

Berahino

Oooo, let me fink about that one....

Errrrm,

Nah!

Regards, DM

:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched HIFK last night (on TV) whose whole squad is probably on less combined than BB play it out from the back last night but I instead of sidewards sidewards backwards they ran at the opposition, used wingers, and boot it upto their target man. 

If a club of their size and quality can do it there's no reason for us not being able to mix it up either.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/helsinki-ifk/startseite/verein/20924

• Like 1

What is more frustrating is for those  ten minute spells we do play with a higher tempo, it is exciting.

When we scored last Saturday we were exciting for a 10 minute spell. When we played AFC Wilmbledon we were exciting for short spells. The second home game of the season I think it was, we were really good for a 10 minute spell.

Yet the manager chooses to stifle this, by being far too conservative. We can see from these spells we have the players to really go for teams and dominate. It is his trepidation at the start of most games stopping is from playing like this for longer periods of the game.

He won't get a position at a club like ours again, yet instead of taking the opportunity with both hands and setting us up to go for it, he is sat driving a Ferrari at 20mph.

Edited by CourteenerOwl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

It's not difficult.

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson/Dunkley

Palmer

Bannan

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Shodipo/Corbeanu

Gregory

Berahino

Absolutely spot on.

Let's just go out there in the knowledge we're better than the opposition, have a chuffing go at them from the off with some energy and belief and who knows what wonders will be uncovered.

It's just all too depressing at the moment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Paul Warne on Saturday said that he had told his team that they were the best in the league (I think they are at the moment).

DM tells us that 'AFC Wimbledon play wonderful football'

I think that perfectly sums up our current malaise. It's absolutely dreadful.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

I think that perfectly sums up our current malaise. It's absolutely dreadful.

The only thing saving Moore is large parts of our fan base have the mentality 'constantly changing the manager, doesn't help'.

Whilst I understand this view, it's more constantly employing the wrong types of manager don't help in our situation. So what do you do? Just jeep the wrong man in charge for too long due to sentence one?

Or do you get rid and make sure you get the right man in for once?

The chairman has his detractors but Moore has been backed. This is no ones fault but his.

• Like 2