George Boyd

part of the club earning crazy money what nearly caused us to fold if we went down 2 seasons earlier we would be bankrupt with a 40 million wage bill in league 1 . who the hell advised chansiri to stick jones and boyd with 30 grand  a week wages with absolutely no other club what would take that wage and player off us if we needed to. 

7 hours ago, HopefulOwl said:

Up there with Jordan Rhodes...  always wanted us to sign him...  pity that wish came true 5 years too late.... the Wednesday way!!!!

Will be the same when we re-sign Jamie Vardy when he's wanting one last pay day....

Maybe he might want to start paying for his first born sometime.    I'm sure that kid would like one first payday.

3 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

And people who earn decent cash in loads of professions.

It makes me laugh when fans expect our players to drive crap cars. Compelte lack of logic.

Even youngster in their mid 20's these days have flash motors, can't afford to move out with the way the housing market is, spend their cash on a flash car.

I'll never forget that summers afternoon ..

I nudged the disinterested son from his phone as we sat in the South Stand watching the Cantilever Stand Creak ...

O/G..."Here he is lad...George Boyd" 

"Covered more yardage than any other footballer across all four top divisions last season" ..

"Our very own Running Man"..

O/G's Lad....

"Who ... you mean him with an årse as big a Kim Kardashian?..

O/G..

"Never mind that he'll be a bit ring rusty he's gonna be a great asset".......

Ten minutes in Boyds blowing heavily from his Kardashian ...

as the little south American Rangers number 7 rips him a new one repeatedly...

O/G ....

"worry ye not lad Rangers ain't got a chance  ...

Too reliant on a 40 year old washed up midfielder and Fatty Windass's son ....

Wednesday 0 

Rangers 2

O/G..

"Lets nip down the car park son 

Have you ever seen a Mercedes Gull wing"?.......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sensible Soccer said:

A player that epitomises our problems at the time.

he was a player I always hated us playing against. Always played well, high energy and drove the opposites forward.

we signed what was a high energy player whose legs had gone. We were his final payday and looked liked he ran in treacle. 

not quite as bad a signing as Abdi… but not a million miles off.

Agreed, always remember whenever we played against him and Craig Mackail Smith for Peterborough the pair of them would be stand out performers. Shame we got him later on his career, im sure he was a regular starter in Burnleys team the season before?

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d love to know what our pre season training was like in the summer of 2017. That season was absolutely crazy for injuries, can’t just have been bad luck. 

Personally I think it was a combination of a lot of things.

Bad luck played a part to a point in terms of the amount of players out for so long, Carlos clearly over played a lot of them, Lee, Westwood, Lees being a few examples.

Some were contact injures which just happen, again bit of bad luck with the amount and timings. Hooper and van Aken at Forest spring to mind.

Think Boyd's from memory was a bit of a freak training incident, I remember Carlos being a bit bemused about it in a post match interview.

When he signed he was one of the fittest players in the premier league (distance covered per game). I remember he was very critical of the lack of fitness work we did in the media and looked like he couldn’t run. That season was an absolute disaster from start to finish.

20 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He spent years of his career playing in the Premier League.

Not like he came to Hillsborough and then bought these cars due to the contract we gave him.

Did I ever state or even insinuate anything of the sort ? .

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Did I ever state or even insinuate anything of the sort ? .

Not sure what you were insinuating to be honest.

Thanks for the list of his cars 'owned while playing for us' though.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure what you were insinuating to be honest.

Thanks for the list of his cars 'owned while playing for us' though.

I was just prodding people who get angrymad about our players driving Bentleys. Most professional footballers are vastly overpaid ,and for a few years we vastly overpaid extremely average players who were past their sell by date.

If you really don’t like it follow another sport preferably an amateur one.