9 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Remember Gregory saying, "We are not here to make up the numbers in the league. We are here to win the league."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/gregory-league-one-title-wednesday-21338537

This was only two months ago but it feels like longer than that.

I never thought this squad of players was good enough to win the league so I don’t know why they come out with things like this.

It just raises expectations amongst the fanbase and puts more pressure on the players

What a shame that this optimism and confidence did not last long. I enjoyed this talk while I still had hope that we would manage to go for direct promotion.

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Fans need to stop getting so irate at what footballers say online or to the press.

This.

100%

We live in a world where every quote/comment is over analysed to f*ck.

When Wednesday aren't winning stuff like this always come up, dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We aren't playing well. 

Playing well is consistency 

A brief ten minutes in each game, where we manage to pass out from the back without an interception. Is not playing well. 

Scoring goals and winning games is playing well. 

Actions always speak louder than words. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Are we really going down this route to attack our own players?  This is the twisted logic of anti-vaxxer merchant.

Are we really are sinking to this level?

He said: “Personally I believe in my team. We’re playing good but we’re not finishing it off.

“Time will tell but right now we need to regroup and stay together as a club and players to push on because when we do get it right we’ll be very scary.”

Sounds a very level headed comment to me.  Its also hard to argue against, a couple of decent back to back wins will improve the confidence no end

Arrogance indeed.  

Unintended irony alert. Are we going down the route of attacking others he asks...while attacking others in the same sentence. 

9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

This is the twisted logic of anti-vaxxer merchant.

I fail to see the parallels. 

The vaccine is being propagated by the government, Mobile UK, and Bill Gates. The goal is controlling the people, enhancing 5G coverage, and boosting sales of Microsoft Office. And these are just some of the facts. I could go on, but you can just Google it! 

What has any of this got to do with the OP? 

• Like 1

I for one am glad our players are talking positive 

If some of our fans were just 10% as positive as our players then supporting this club would be 2000 times more fun

Instead some of our fans want our players to stop being positive 

It’s RIDICULOUS 

Its the other way round - the players should carry on being as positive as they are and it’s some of our fans who should change their ways and their attitude 

Ffs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

This season we’ve had 2 players saying that we will batter teams ‘when we get going’. First Hutch and now dennis

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/dennis-adeniran-reacts-to-growing-fan-unrest-over-sheffield-wednesdays-performances/?fbclid=IwAR37x8nAN7ReORIxs-JE0D4JoveGve04bWaqz4JQlgxxEeNxZ5I5Jr4JMpk

All a bit pointless making those kind of statements when you’re a quarter into the season and 9th in the league. 

When teams get good they always play with a bit of swank about them.

The only arrogance on show this season is from Moore and his insistence on trying to get this side to play a brand of football that isn’t required to be successful in this division 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I saw enough in the last game to know we should be getting better results.

Some of the direct running our midfield did was lovely, shame it feels like they are being shackled from doing so most of the time, and the best we have at doing this  is usually on the bench.

We have the personnel to be battering teams, just not the nouse.

Really? Always feels to me our finger is always hovering over the self destruct button lately.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I for one am glad our players are talking positive 

If some of our fans were just 10% as positive as our players then supporting this club would be 2000 times more fun

Instead some of our fans want our players to stop being positive 

It’s RIDICULOUS 

Its the other way round - the players should carry on being as positive as they are and it’s some of our fans who should change their ways and their attitude 

Ffs

The fans have been served up dross for the majority of the last 20 years so I think you can forgive them for not being ultra positive about Wednesday.

For me the players should come out with the usual stuff like ‘we’ll take every game as it comes’ instead of saying we’re here to win the league. 

Even Pep generally gives respect to the opposition and doesn’t take any game for granted.

Let the performances and the results do the talking. And if we’re top of the league at Christmas maybe it’s time to start talking like that 

10 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The fans have been served up dross for the majority of the last 20 years so I think you can forgive them for not being ultra positive about Wednesday.

For me the players should come out with the usual stuff like ‘we’ll take every game as it comes’ instead of saying we’re here to win the league. 

Even Pep generally gives respect to the opposition and doesn’t take any game for granted.

Let the performances and the results do the talking. And if we’re top of the league at Christmas maybe it’s time to start talking like that 

see my previous response

The players are saying nothing wrong at all 

Owlstalk Shop

54 minutes ago, Django said:

The only arrogance on show this season is from Moore and his insistence on trying to get this side to play a brand of football that isn’t required to be successful in this division 

It might work 

It might be a three year plan to evolve the playing style 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It might work 

It might be a three year plan to evolve the playing style 

This will require three lots of playing staff for each season then at this rate (loan signings being the club model at present) and the same old excuses how "the new team needs to gel" after a dozen games in  ....

"Route one" gets us out of this division this season in this league with the players we currently have ....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

This will require three lots of playing staff for each season then at this rate (loan signings being the club model at present) and the same old excuses how "the new team needs to gel" after a dozen games in  ....

"Route one" gets us out of this division this season in this league with the players we currently have ....

I agree.

We have not brought loads of loan players in for a season of transition and looking to build in the long term.
The aim for this season was promotion and worry about season after later.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

4/23 duels won in the last game by Berahino and Gregory.

"Route one" doesn't even get us out of our half.

• Haha 1