6 Years ago Today

4 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

The same result and performance would have been even better against Arsenal's first team.

there was a lot of first team players in the side and squad for that game…including a World Cup winning centre half. Please don’t underestimate how good this game & win was 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Ok. Sorry.

But only because you said, please.

very grown up 🤣🤣

That side that came to hillsborough had cech, mertesaker, Walcott, oxlaide chamberlain, geroud, iewobi & flamini in it…all established PL first team players with plenty of medals to boast. 

Watched this in a bar in Ibiza with my eldest son. One of those moments when you are the only 2 to cheer in a crowded bar (slightly awkward when everyone stares at you).

The game ends and me and the lad are buzzing. This bloke walks over to our table.

I thought here we go.

"What you drinking lads, I own the bar and I'm a Spurs fan"  he says

Good night that.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Watched this in a bar in Ibiza with my eldest son. One of those moments when you are the only 2 to cheer in a crowded bar (slightly awkward when everyone stares at you).

The game ends and me and the lad are buzzing. This bloke walks over to our table.

I thought here we go.

"What you drinking lads, I own the bar and I'm a Spurs fan"  he says

Good night that.

Just me and the wife cheered in a pub in Swannage when Tudgay scored at the lane, and came up to the touch line camera to show off a message “for you Danny”

A bloke walked over and asked if I was Danny.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

very grown up 🤣🤣

That side that came to hillsborough had cech, mertesaker, Walcott, oxlaide chamberlain, geroud, iewobi & flamini in it…all established PL first team players with plenty of medals to boast. 

Starting Line Up and Total League Apps. 2015/16

Cech 34

Giroud 26

Mertesacker 24

Flamini 12

Campbell 11

Oxlaide-Chamberlain 9

Iwobi 8

Gibbs 3

Debuchy 2

Chambers 2

Kamara 0

So, three first team regulars - at a push.

3 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Starting Line Up and Total League Apps. 2015/16

Cech 34

Giroud 26

Mertesacker 24

Flamini 12

Campbell 11

Oxlaide-Chamberlain 9

Iwobi 8

Gibbs 3

Debuchy 2

Chambers 2

Kamara 0

So, three first team regulars - at a push.

how many times did these same players make the match day squads in the same period? how many medals do these lads have between them?? Some of them players on that are still playing at the top end of football league system. The ones that aren’t are mainly retired. 

One of best nights and results in recent years and fans are still pulling it down…unreal!! compare it to the current times mate and sit m take stock!! 

• Like 2

Remember watching this in a pub in the middle of nowhere of Gloucestershire, full of Arsenal fans.

False dawn for Arsenal if anything, 3-0 would flatter them if we played each other today.