Cheltenham coach on how he sees SWFC

2 hours ago, briggowl said:

Relative to Cheltenham, we are a good side with good individual players and are probably well coached. 

Relative to any Championship side and 25% of league one we're not. 

Only 25%, thats being generous

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Cheltenham first team coach Wade Elliott has spoke about how he sees SWFC

"We've watched their (Wednesday's) last couple of games and they are a good side with some good individual players”

"I know Darren (Moore) a bit, personally and I've come up against him when he's been coaching at West Brom. They do look well coached”

There's a reason he is managing Cheltenham, if that's his take on it.

4 hours ago, oldoldOwl said:

I notice that Lincoln beat Wigan yesterday..looks like quite comfortably as well. maybe they aren't the pushover may people on here thought they would be?

No one in this league is a pushover and I think the majority of sane Wednesdyites think the same. What we want to see is a plan from the manager and a bit of passion from the team which as yet we are yet to witness either

36 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

No one in this league is a pushover and I think the majority of sane Wednesdyites think the same. What we want to see is a plan from the manager and a bit of passion from the team which as yet we are yet to witness either

I don't disagree, but  the team on the field have to cut out the individual mistakes which have cost us a lot of points this season. They are supposed to be seasoned professionals not kids..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldoldOwl said:

I don't disagree, but  the team on the field have to cut out the individual mistakes which have cost us a lot of points this season. They are supposed to be seasoned professionals not kids..

totally agree - they need to play for 90+ minutes not just 70 which is what we are currently witnessing. 70 minutes might:duntmatter: also be an exaggeration 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"We've watched their (Wednesday's) last couple of games and they are a good side with some good individual players”

"I know Darren (Moore) a bit, personally and I've come up against him when he's been coaching at West Brom. They do look well coached”

You know times are tough when the coaches at Cheltenham Town are bating you.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

opposition manager pre match cliches :

'good side' 'well organised', 'well coached' etc is the accepted manager salutation to each other 

either that or he broke down laughing when the reporter turned his recorder off   

because I think 'moore' and more people, even fans who don't normally criticise or call for sackings can see that he hasn't a clue 

8 hours ago, oldoldOwl said:

I notice that Lincoln beat Wigan yesterday..looks like quite comfortably as well. maybe they aren't the pushover may people on here thought they would be?

wigan aint won a single midweek game this season in fact i think they lost the lot . on a saturday though there unbeatable strange . 

If an opposition manager says we are poor and then he loses to us he looks bad. If he says we are a good team and he beats us he looks a top man. Simple really.

Never take a word they say to mean anything.