Cheltenham coach on how he sees SWFC

Opposition managers and coaches are nearly always complimentary and diplomatic about the opposition in the lead up to the game in the media.

Sure he will know while we may have some ok players for this league but we are a disjointed side and wont take much to get our supporters on the players back tif things are not going well.

• Like 4

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Opposition managers and coaches are nearly always complimentary and diplomatic about the opposition in the lead up to the game in the media.

Sure he will know while we may have some ok players for this league but we are a disjointed side and wont take much to get our supporters on the players back tif things are not going well.

My thoughts are that I agree with you but also this guy also can’t wait to have a good crack at us having seen our weaknesses 

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Panic starting to set in for the Cheltonians.

They know that no Spa water that some pigeon found is going to save them from the most brutal illness of all, a slaughtering discombobulation. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, oldoldOwl said:

I notice that Lincoln beat Wigan yesterday..looks like quite comfortably as well. maybe they aren't the pushover may people on here thought they would be?

Very average, as are Wigan. Maybe winning at Wigan, not the achievement we thought it was a few weeks ago?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cheltenham first team coach Wade Elliott has spoke about how he sees SWFC

"We've watched their (Wednesday's) last couple of games and they are a good side with some good individual players”

"I know Darren (Moore) a bit, personally and I've come up against him when he's been coaching at West Brom. They do look well coached”

Relative to Cheltenham, we are a good side with good individual players and are probably well coached. 

Relative to any Championship side and 25% of league one we're not. 

10 minutes ago, oldoldOwl said:

I notice that Lincoln beat Wigan yesterday..looks like quite comfortably as well. maybe they aren't the pushover may people on here thought they would be?

Thought Lincoln were a good example of teams in the League. They were very hard working, well organised but lacking in quality to really hurt a team when going forward. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, oldoldOwl said:

I looked at the result and had the same thought. 

Then I wondered why we couldn't beat Wimbledon, Charlton, Oxford and Cambridge. 

If Lincoln was a one off result/performance then fair enough but its every week. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not exactly going to say "they look a bit of a shambles and not very well drilled" is he? 

• Haha 1

Prediction. 

Cheltenham will be an amazing and dangerous footballing side. 

Cheltenham will be the better side for large parts of the game. Hassling us and stopping us having any cohesive game plan.

Cheltenham go 1 or 2 goals up and beat us as we are due a loss.

Or we go 1 or 2 goals up and end up drawing.

Darren states that we have to get back on the training pitch and put things right. 

• Like 9

Maybe says that publicly but anyone looking at SWFC these days ought to be thinking.

"There for the taking..."

If you just show up with enough fight you'll get a point from us, score early even and you might get all 3 while our band of headless chickens run around flailing trying to find an equaliser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

The last 5 words make me think the second sentence is a lie.

'They do look well coached'

WTF

34 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not exactly going to say "they look a bit of a shambles and not very well drilled" is he? 

You can bet he will be saying that to his players. He'll  be telling them they'll be all over the place in the 1st half, let's get at them from the start and they'll  crumble.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

My thoughts are that I agree with you but also this guy also can’t wait to have a good crack at us having seen our weaknesses 

They only need to score first then game over