January Signings. Top of the list we need ...

Ideally a new manager.

Once that manager has identified the shape he wants, recruit accordingly.

On the face of it Gibson and Kamberi`s loans should be ended if possible and see if anyone in Holland is willing to take Sow back.

Charlie Goode on loan from Brentford  would be an ideal centre back signing though they may not want him dropping down to league1 ,  and Neil Taylor is out of contract and would be a short term improvement at left back.

The fear is that DM will still be in charge cus his acquisitions have been more miss than hit so far.

• Like 1

If we could only sign 1 it should be a left side central defender preferably about 6,7” 

I would be happy at that maybe a left back as well 

But getting Windass and Luongo back would be huge 

Kamberi, Sow and Wing could all go for me 

All the above and a new manager please 

Santa 

I find the idea of needing more players really irritating.

We signed 14 of them. We've barely seen some of them and Moore has demonstrated little ability to get most of them working as a functional team. 

We need real leaders for the defence and midfield, so I look forward to one of them playing in an isolated front 3 and the other getting 25 minutes in the pizza cup.

A quick forward player would make all the difference to us. We need to get defences on their heels and stop being pushed up the park, the same issue we have had for 3 seasons. 

Somewhere in the reserves of the prem clubs there must be a raw quick forward needing a loan. 

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

A quick forward player would make all the difference to us. 
Somewhere in the reserves of the prem clubs there must be a raw quick forward needing a loan. 

There's a lad at Wolves that's highly thought of there. 19 years old forward, quick and tricky, already played 6 times for the senior Canada team in World Cup qualifiers and the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

There will be competition from other clubs wanting to take him on loan, but he might be persuaded to come to us.

• Haha 1

TBH Moore doesn't seem able to deal with the choices he's got, giving him another couple of players is only likely lead to more tinkering.  Then there will be  the 'we need time to gel, they need volume in their legs, they need to get up to speed with our tactics(?)' excuses for at least ten matches. IMO DC has already given him the tools, he just doesn't know how to use them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

I've seen them all 2-3 times now.

His movement is non existent.  He predominantly stays in a channel in the centre, a few yards inside their CBs. If the ball comes within 10 yards or so he'll make a half arsed attempt at a tackle but never makes it.

The issue is that he's so slow. They don't even bother marking him properly, just leave a bloke nearish. Any pass to him over 10 yards, it looks like they're marking tightly because they catch up to him that easily. He loses nearly every challenge because they beat him to the ball every time. Doesn't win headers, backs in then falls over.

He misses so many crosses, diagonal balls, through balls. He should have had 10 this season or more but he's always just short of the ball.

He's had 3 games with no shots as our main striker. A few more with 2 or less.

That's on him. Not the service, he's had the service. He just can't get to it if it's more than a yard away or beat defenders.

He started the season OKish, but it's just got worse.

I stopped reading when I saw you based your opinion on 2 games 

Edited by Ian

8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

There's a lad at Wolves that's highly thought of there. 19 years old forward, quick and tricky, already played 6 times for the senior Canada team in World Cup qualifiers and the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

There will be competition from other clubs wanting to take him on loan, but he might be persuaded to come to us.

Everyone appears to be pinning their hopes on this Corbeanu. He’s a kid. Hardly played at this level and he’s hardly set the world alight when he’s come on. I think people are just desperate for anyone. 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2021 at 18:52, Green Calx said:

A midfielder that's breaks play up and is just horrible to play against 

A central defender that has experience and is a natural leader 

A striker that has pace and can finish 

totally agree with the above points

i think we have two already  if fully fit!  defender Hutchinson / striker berahino 

but we definitely need that nasty midfielder just to stop teams playing straight through us.

19 minutes ago, vulva said:

Everyone appears to be pinning their hopes on this Corbeanu. He’s a kid. Hardly played at this level and he’s hardly set the world alight when he’s come on. I think people are just desperate for anyone. 

I think it's more of a case that most would just like to see him given a chance or what was the point bringing him here. He hasn't been given one start yet and hardly any time off the bench. I didn't see Saturdays game but many said he did more in his 10 mins than anyone else did all game.

Other clubs wanted him and Wolves trusted us with a season of his development, if he goes back to them without even starting a game for us it will be very disappointing and embarrassing for us. Premier League clubs will think twice about loaning their young players to us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think it's more of a case that most would just like to see him given a chance or what was the point bringing him here. He hasn't been given one start yet and hardly any time off the bench. I didn't see Saturdays game but many said he did more in his 10 mins than anyone else did all game.

Other clubs wanted him and Wolves trusted us with a season of his development, if he goes back to them without even starting a game for us it will be very disappointing and embarrassing for us. Premier League clubs will think twice about loaning their young players to us.

This is a massive issue.

Who is going to want to come here on loan?

We have Shodipo, Corbeanu, Kamberi and Wing on loan, all reasonably young attackers.

When we have played them it's been for a short time or out of position.

I can honestly see all four leaving in January, going to another club in our league and doing well.

We'll end up overpaying for past it players because they'll be the only ones who'll come here.

Which is how we got here in the first place.

• Like 1