Top three games against Sheffield United?

1 hour ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

BDM (no game will ever come close)

Semi (I re-live the winner every time I’m down about anything)

The Easter return game in ‘80 (I’m still celebrating the equaliser 40 years on).  

i'd forgotten about the easter game (TCs stunner) , i had tonsilitis at the time so didn't enjoy the day as much as i should have ☹️

5 hours ago, SA Andy said:

Regarding point 3.   Not quite correct.  Joe Shaw actually didn't actually break his leg but following the tackle with Bronco Lane, but his knee cap was exposed and he was stretchered off.

Not sure if it was reported or just a buzz around the ground. 58 years I've carried false info about with me ! lol 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

3 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

BDM (no game will ever come close)

Semi (I re-live the winner every time I’m down about anything)

The Easter return game in ‘80 (I’m still celebrating the equaliser 40 years on).  

Absolutely spot on for me .

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What's your top three games against the pigs?

Boxing Day 1979 4-0 remember being there like it was yesterday.

Thats my 2 and 3 as well

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:
  1. joint 3rd place. At the Lane David Layne put away a cannon of a free kick (60's) to sink the Blades 3-2. Hodgkinson complaining the sun was in his eyes.    

my first away game 1962  ....it were 2-2 though nev the 2-3 game  was a 3 years later 

8 hours ago, alanharper said:

2)  3-2 in the ZDS, 1989. Pointless competition, but it was a special game as it as my first Sheffield Derby (I started going the season after the BDM so sadly I missed that), and with it being almost 10 years since the last derby it was an electric atmosphere with 30k+ there and a cracking game as well, with that fantastic Sheridan goal topping it off.

That ZDS game was an incredible atmosphere.

2-2 under the big old towering floodlights and heading to penalties (I think).

Then Shez realized the pub would be closing soon so decided to take on half the pigs team on his own to win the game and send the crowd into delirium.

Definitely in the top five atmospheres at Hillsborough for me.

1960 FAC quarter final.   Blades 0 Owls 2.  Springett had a blinder. 60,000 there.

64-65.  Blades 2 Owls 3.   We were 2-1 down at half-time and getting battered.   Fantham ran about 60 yards for the winner.

92-93 FAC SF at Wembley.  Great atmosphere.

I missed the boxing day 4-0 win.  Was living in Scunthorpe and tickets went before I found out they were on sale.   

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

.i recall it as 1-1 at half time  then 2-1 down and came  back to win it  2-3 ......springett played a blinder that day 

You could well be right about half-time score, but I believe we were struggling to keep the score down until Fantham's brilliance. Was behind the goal where Fantham scored, and a header from Birchenhall... 

I will never forgive my Sister, because when Waddle was scoring that goal at Wembley, she was getting married to someone who turned out to want to turn her into a punchbag.   He was a blade to boot.

Actually, I suppose I put the blame on the wrong person, but still.  Me, my dad and my younger sister should have been at Wembley that day and not sat in the Cathedral with the Vicar giving out the current score as he started the proceedings,  we lost out on an experience.

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

BDM (my first real Derby match: county cup didn’t count)

Semi final

And the “there’s only one Bryan Robson game”. Can’t remember who scored, nor the date, but the chant lives long.

while the county cup doesnt make my top 3 the 1-2 win at the lane 76 ish certainly counted back then .